• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Do you have to clean that shit too?

Yeah; so one person will be on kitchen cleaning duty, two for the floor and general eating area, one for the back grill and one for the front. Clean everything, send everything through to kitchen, scrub and wipe and spray and this and that.

When we first started I didn't really know what I was doing and I would only start closing down when we actually closed. But now I start at like half 8 tee hee

K1LLER7

Man, I remember when we first opened the restaurant, we'd close at half 10 and I wouldn't be out until almost 2 o clock I was so slow at closing

Was out by 10 to 11 today. Dat speed.
Got nothing on STEVEBOULD.

Saw the first tv advert for Evil Within today. Some people are saying its as good as RE4 over on gaming side. Doubt its as good (what is lol) but I'm hyped.

Arnie

Man, I remember when we first opened the restaurant, we'd close at half 10 and I wouldn't be out until almost 2 o clock I was so slow at closing

Was out by 10 to 11 today. Dat speed.
You're so efficient now.

Eating fucking pittas on the kazi.

Arnie

I've got a full chicken on my card.

Need to find a lady to eat a quarter of it.

Fucking can't stop watching The Royle Family.

Meier

:lol, jokes. Not gonna happen.

Definitely won't. Madrid have like €600m debt and they wouldn't even consider punishing them -- I believe Barca have a huge amount as well. Most clubs do, frankly. Just kind of the nature of doing business. City's 0 debt is definitely uncommon among major clubs and not very realistic without a big benefactor.

Arnie

Definitely won't. Madrid have like 600m debt and they wouldn't even consider punishing them -- I believe Barca have a huge amount as well. Most clubs do, frankly. Just kind of the nature of doing business. City's 0 debt is definitely uncommon among major clubs and not very realistic without a big benefactor.
:lol

"Major club"

"Major"

Can't fill your stadium for fucking Roma mate.

Wilbur

Banned
I've got a full chicken on my card.

Need to find a lady to eat a quarter of it.

Fucking can't stop watching The Royle Family.

Half in the restaurant, take half home. Sorted.

Royle Family is one of those things I've seen from time to time, episodes on UK Gold, but never sat down and watched. I'll get through it.

Finishing my rewatch of doctor who episodes with Lloyd, will mourn the loss of Boardwalk Empire, and then I gotta find a new show.

Definitely won't. Madrid have like 600m debt and they wouldn't even consider punishing them -- I believe Barca have a huge amount as well. Most clubs do, frankly. Just kind of the nature of doing business. City's 0 debt is definitely uncommon among major clubs and not very realistic without a big benefactor.

Exactly, it's not because of us it won't be enforced; it's because of them.

Had a nandos for lunch, then went to this Cuban tapas place for dinner, god damn it was amazing. Think I'm gunna fucking pop now though, eaten so much today

Scum

Have you got the Bayonetta 2 demo yet, Wooden?

Had a nandos for lunch, then went to this Cuban tapas place for dinner, god damn it was amazing. Think I'm gunna fucking pop now though, eaten so much today

I saw earlier that you've managed to get off the dole. Nice. Congrats.

Wilbur

Banned
At a company that does online courses and training for other companies. Getting £215 a week for 20 weeks then I'll start full time at £17k for the first year, rising to £23k for the second year.

Nice, congrats man. Guaranteed job, good shit.

I don't know if I posted this in the thread, but when I went for the interview, the bloke said the person in the role before this now works at the production desk at the Guardian, and someone who worked there five years ago is a journalist for the New York Times.

Pray for Nate Dogg

I don't know if I posted this in the thread, but when I went for the interview, the bloke said the person in the role before this now works at the production desk at the Guardian, and someone who worked there five years ago is a journalist for the New York Times.

Pray for Nate Dogg

Did you show off your cleavage? I'm sure you did fine, did they say when you'd hear back from them?

congrats!!

Thanks elsk, hopefully indeed day I'll be able to afford to send you some mangoes

Wilbur

Banned
You know when you read a post without looking who posted it?

I can always tell a Scum post. It's so calming. I just know it's him. Comforting.

Wilbur

Banned
Did you show off your cleavage? I'm sure you did fine, did they say when you'd hear back from them?

Thanks elsk, hopefully indeed day I'll be able to afford to send you some mangoes

I didn't show my bosoms but I did tell him about a naked calendar I tried to plan at school once. I'm sure the image itself got him salivating over night.

Should hear back next Tuesday, said he had more people to interview.

Yen

Is this the second or third time you've used this one now?

The most laughable part about City's poor attendance in the CL is the idea that City fans have no affinity towards it (it being the biggest club competition in world football). Utter, utter balderdash.

Hixx

dwgirIQ.png

Oh look. It's this same boring argument again.

De Gea isn't even in the top 3 goalkeepers in the PL.

EmiPrime

I need to get my Wii U from my parent's house at some point this month so I can play Bayonetta. I don't have a TV here but I can treat it like an over-sized handheld.

dc89

The most laughable part about City's poor attendance in the CL is the idea that City fans have no affinity towards it (it being the biggest club competition in world football). Utter, utter balderdash.

I don't this this is the reason either.

His club is falling apart at the seams without Suarez and a yearly battle for 6th or 7th is beckoning again. Can't blame him for lashing out, really.

Yes. YES.

Meier

Yes. YES.
I'm sure Arnie will have a clever response. He's good for it. But Liverpool don't look at all like they'll be in the UCL again next season regardless of any witty comeback he can offer. I'd be a little testy if I was in his shoes too.

Wilbur

Banned
Thing is, this is city's fourth CL campaign, right?

Two group stage exits, one second round exit?

That's worse than ARSENAL

and to think only last week Daniel said they made up the numbers :lol

Arnie

Pray for Nate Dogg
Nice, what job's this?
Is this the second or third time you've used this one now?
Erm, perhaps second after the night that it happened.

Is that an abnormal number of times to be referring to it, when you look at each instance in context?
His club is falling apart at the seams without Suarez and a yearly battle for 6th or 7th is beckoning again. Can't blame him for lashing out, really.
And how do we read your response?

Fume at another season of inconsequential Champions League panty sniffing.

The best thing about City being unable to fill their ground is that theyve made a concerted effort to make out that the reason for it is that their fanbase is from some kind of underclass who are all on the dole.

Fucking hilarious.

£25 to go to the CSKA game. Let's see how many people are at that one.

Wilbur

Banned
Nice, what job's this?

Personal assistant at a local what's on magazine (think Time Out but for Clapham, Wandsworth, Putney, Wimbledon, Kingston...).

Seemed decent. 9-5:30 Mon to Fri, 16k starting salary (not much but living at home will save me bucketloads), working with the editorial, sales, production and design team, basically just doing whatever's asked of me.

Interview went well, I got on with the guy, so hopefully I get good feedback at least.

Definitely won't. Madrid have like €600m debt and they wouldn't even consider punishing them -- I believe Barca have a huge amount as well. Most clubs do, frankly. Just kind of the nature of doing business. City's 0 debt is definitely uncommon among major clubs and not very realistic without a big benefactor.
They won't, and can't, punish people for having debt.

What they could do is include the debt repayments in the ffp calculation which they don't do at the moment.

Even if they did that the impact on United, Madrid and Barca would be negligible. The debt repayment at United for instance is about 5% of turnover. I assume it is even less at the Spanish clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom