• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Monk saying?

Blamed the ref for a weak penalty, saying that every week the ref's are against them.

4sjlDtr.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
colaplsirjw1.gif

This never actually works if you intend it, i was just mashing buttons.

Purdy

The thing is Ronaldo wasn't carrying the team during that time and there is no reason Sterling should either.

Also, Rodgers should rest Sterling more.

I was responding to 'usually doing the business at this age', well clearly he is and is doing perfectly fine.

I agree, he stayed on far too long in our CC game, other than that he has been managed fine. Although not sure if making a slight due to the whole england thing which clearly doesn't take priority over Liverpool ever

Oh god there's a reason I have Cartoon Soldier on my ignore list.

We rest Sterling and we wouldn't have won today.

You won't get to read this, but I never said he should have been rested today.

I am talking about things like Sterling playing 120 minutes in the league cup game. Apart from that, Liverpool isn't playing that well so tendency will be to play your best available player every game which is understandable, but concentrate him on the PL matches.

What do you guys think of MotM awards? Zamora was clearly the best performer today, but Sterling played a key part in our 3 goals while Zamora didn't contribute to a goal, or have a shot on target iirc

Marc

HnzRgZh.jpg

Not the best comparison but the 'usually doing the business at this age' comment obviously silly

Nice stats, but who were they against.

Look at the standard of the PL currently, in Europe bar one team we suck. The defending as an example today is a total joke.

Context is everything, and the current prem standards are well below par.

I am a massive Sterling fan btw, have been since he was in the youth teams and I think he has the potential to be a great. But the difference between good and great players is the hunger to get even better, desperate to play every game to prove themselves and a complete professional attitude (modern day) to improving themselves. He seems to be taking a more whoah is me attitude lately, hopefully just a bit jaded and fed up with dealing with a dinosaur like Woy.

Fintan

What do you guys think of MotM awards? Zamora was clearly the best performer today, but Sterling played a key part in our 3 goals while Zamora didn't contribute to a goal, or have a shot on target iirc
MOTM should be decided by an expert panel of 3 retired professionals, after careful, repeated analysis of the match.

MOTM should be decided by an expert panel of 3 retired professionals, after careful, repeated analysis of the match.

I think they instead should make a worst player of the match award, where the worst gets shot afterwards. Only way to make awards like this any exciting.

I am a massive Sterling fan btw, have been since he was in the youth teams and I think he has the potential to be a great. But the difference between good and great players is the hunger to get even better, desperate to play every game to prove themselves and a complete professional attitude (modern day) to improving themselves. He seems to be taking a more whoah is me attitude lately, hopefully just a bit jaded and fed up with dealing with a dinosaur like Woy.

Or maybe he just needed a rest to be able to get back on form, and he knows what he's physically capable of.

If he'd played 180 minutes for England, he'd have been mediocre for them, and for us today. He was clearly fatigued for a good 3 weeks or so before the international break.

Zabojnik

Inter vs. Napoli is about to start. Is it wrong to wish for a natural catastrophe? It must be, yet somehow it doesn't feel like it.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

i think they only matter if you either score goals or are a goalkeeper and make saves, if you're a defensive player then you can forget ever getting one

Marc

Or maybe he just needed a rest to be able to get back on form, and he knows what he's physically capable of.

If he'd played 180 minutes for England, he'd have been mediocre for them, and for us today. He was clearly fatigued for a good 3 weeks or so before the international break.

The argument then is, why is England having to rest the player for you to reap the rewards from it? These were competitive games so the usual argument of its only a friendly need not apply. Why has Liverpool let it reach this point? You said yourself it was 3 weeks before the break.

For the record, I think the euros qualifiers are now a complete waste of time. Woy would have to be the worst manager in the world to fail to qualify from our group with the new rules. It is near impossible. Still, I think the games as with friendlies could be used to perfect tactics and your lineup. That would assume the manager had some kind of plan however, instead of just winging it. The real issue for me is the usual pinning of all hopes on a single player.

pulsemyne

Really? I've heard him moaning before when Swansea had a player sent off. Gracious in defeat he is not.

What during the last match when Rangel was sent off thanks to another terrible decision? Monk even complained to the refs union head Mike Riley and never even got a reply. In the last three games we have had two players sent off and a shitty penalty. I don't blame him for being a bit annoyed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That feeling when the wireless internet connection at your work place is 4x faster than your wired home one.
the same feeling I get after watching a Premface League game and then going back to Serie A
i'm totally bla'ing her but are you happy with your life?

open up to me. i beg of you.

I'm always happy and grateful in my life, even when I'm actually not.

does that make sense? Probably not, but it helps me sleep at night.

Please be happy bud

fez-that-70s-show-i-love-you.gif

Lightning

Banned
What during the last match when Rangel was sent off thanks to another terrible decision? Monk even complained to the refs union head Mike Riley and never even got a reply. In the last three games we have had two players sent off and a shitty penalty. I don't blame him for being a bit annoyed.
I believe it was Bony's red card was the game in question. Bad decisions go against many clubs. Hull's first goal was bs against us but that's the way it goes.

Pennywise

The team needs to be built around me if we're going to succeed in the future.

Time for coach Penny to come in and sort out some problems.

It's the end for egoistic behavior and no concentration, only Lloyd counts as valid reason for lacking concentration.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wishing any kind of nastiness to opposition or rivals is low. Don't be like that. Wish for 6 red cards in the game instead.

don't mind Zazo, he's just drunk on cheese and a bit pissed about his inferior internet.

I want Napoli to win, or a draw, whatever keeps Mazzarri with Inter :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom