• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack cw

"Truthbombs"

lol

Like you didn't agree on a contract with Lewa like two years early. You're worse than Rummenigge m8

I take this as a compliment, Milch. Since you know how the business runs, you better direct your anger and denial to Mr. Struth. He is the one that prevents Reus from extending at Dortmund and will pretty much make a nice deal with Bayern in January.

Also, I didn't really want to post about it because fuck whatever they are doing down south.

But Rummenigge's shit again today... They know they've already won the league, we're no danger there and we have plenty of problems as it is. Yet, they decide to open up the Reus to Bayern shit again just now. They really just want to destroy us. Completely. Although they arguably had the biggest profit (treble) of BVB being strong again. What a fucking pathetic shit club.

And now I'm out, so don't bother responding.

Jack cw

Also, I didn't really want to post about it because fuck whatever they are doing down south.

But Rummenigge's shit again today... They know they've already won the league, we're no danger there and we have plenty of problems as it is. Yet, they decide to open up the Reus to Bayern shit again just now. They really just want to destroy us. Completely. Although they arguably had the biggest profit (treble) of BVB being strong again. What a fucking pathetic shit club.

Pls. Don't mix up things because you are hurt.
Rummenigge was asked by reporters before the flight to Roma today about this and he said, what he did months back, nothing wrong with that. And he refused to say something about Dortmund either, because they struggle at the moment. Your enemy is your own system, not Bayern.

Blablurn

See. This is what happens if you mess with Bayern.

Don't mess with Bayern.

yep

banterFC

The GOAT

I doubt you got this quality defending

yp0fqJe.gif

Elchele

don't see Reus joining. He isn't a Guardiola type of player and now we even have less positions for him to play and more players. Back in the day his only competition was Robben and Ribéry. Now we have Gotze, Robben, Ribery and Mueller playing there

his reason back in the day to reject Bayern was because he wanted to be a starter, the situation would be even worse for him now

he will stay at Dortmund or move to Spain/England

Jack cw

don't see Reus joining. He isn't a Guardiola type of player and now we even have less positions for him to play and more players. Back in the day his only competition was Robben and Ribéry. Now we have Gotze, Robben, Ribery and Mueller playing there

his reason back in the day to reject Bayern was because he wanted to be a starter, the situation would be even worse for him now

he will stay at Dortmund or move to Spain/England

LOL. He would only move there if Real loses Bale or Ronaldo and England if United pays 15 million on wages. Let's face it: Götze and Reus share the same agent, Reus still refuses to extend with Dortmund although they made him the best possible offer. Guardiola likes Reus, Ribery will be facing his 33rd birthday next summer. Both our wingers are not free of injuries. He is German national player and would be mostly a starter in Bayerns squad, given the amount of games and injuries we have every year. He is in his prime and would play in every team in this world. We also bought Thiago when we had Schweini in top condition. You can't have enough world class players.

Elchele

LOL. He would only move there if Real loses Bale or Ronaldo and England if United pays 15 million on wages. Let's face it: Götze and Reus share the same agent, Reus still refuses to extend with Dortmund although they made him the best possible offer. Guardiola likes Reus, Ribery will be facing his 33rd birthday next summer. Both our wingers are not free of injuries. He is German national player and would be mostly a starter in Bayerns squad, given the amount of games and injuries we have every year. He is in his prime and would play in every team in this world. We also bought Thiago when we had Schweini in top condition. You can't have enough world class players.

Bayern surely want him, but I don't think Reus would join given how much more limited his playing time would be. Not to mention the whole year it would take him to adapt to Guardiola's type of football.

We could do that.

Woodward plz.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I was so looking forward to watching Bale this week. Ah well, I can enjoy Paulinho v Asteras Tripoli instead.

Oh lol

L1NETT

Lee Clark gone from Brum

Thought he should have gone after end of last season really, clearly not working out for them. Did well to somehow keep them up, but shouldn't be near the bottom 3 in that league

Right tough job that considering the financial position

Good luck keeping hold of the Brummie Sterling Demarai Gray too in Jan whoever the new geezer is.

Coyle? no idea who it's gonna be

Jack cw

Why cannibalize your own league like that?

Because German humor. Or let's say solidarity with our smaller clubs. Bayern simply gets less money out of TV marketing than compared to fucking Southhamption in EPL and regardless of Bundesligas performance, Germany is only slowly becoming interessting for top players. Outside of Bayern and Dortmund, there is nothing else and we built a squad that is able to compete with the best worldwide and to maintain that we need a mix of young talent and class players from outside. I said it earlier in this thread but if we buy players, they need to help us immediately and Ribery is in his last years and becomes more and more prone to injuries and recovery times get longer. Bayern wants German players because they have experience in Bundesliga and grew up in Germany, so the cultural and language barrier isn't there. For Ribery's position we need a guy that is equally good and besides a handful of players, that are priceless, ther eis only Marco Reus, who fits the profile and would cost us only 25 million EUR. It's a shit situation for all German teams and in the long run bad for us too, as we lose a domestic competitor, but I hope that all the horrendous amounts of money in Wolfsburg and from Red Bull in Leipzig might lead to 2 clubs who have enough power to endure more than 3 years in a battle with Bayern.

L1NETT

l1nett, is Billy Clarke good irl? he's quite decent in FIFA

decent technically but a bit of a showpony

not a grafter, won't track back. Goes missing far too much

He's decent enough I guess. Don't take FIFA for shite my man. May as well use dark age pagan magic to judge players, about as accurate as FIFA tis.

----

Gary Rowett that's a shout for next Blues manager.

Or Chris Hughton. Hmmmmmmmm

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rummenigge "Roma are the best team in Italy"

Fuck Bayern, and everything they stand for. Absolute fucking cunts, they must be stopped.

fucking run by a former Inter player and a criminal, fucking burn them to the ground before they swallow their whole league again

but he's right tbf

Slizz

Because German humor. Or let's say solidarity with our smaller clubs. Bayern simply gets less money out of TV marketing than fucking Southhamption in EPL and regardless of Bundesligas performance, Germany is only slowly becoming interessting for top players. Outside of Bayern and Dortmund, there is nothing else and we built a squad that is able to compete with the best worldwide and to maintain that we need a mix of young talent and class players from outside. I said it earlier in this thread but if we buy players, they need to help us immediately and Ribery is in his last years and becomes more and more prone to injuries and recovery times get longer. Bayern wants German players because they have experience in Bundesliga and grew up in Germany, so the cultural and language barrier isn't there. For Ribery's position we need a guy that is equally good and besides a handful of players, that are priceless, ther eis only Marco Reus, who fits the profile and would cost us only 25 million EUR. It's a shit situation for all German teams and in the long run bad for us too, as we lose a domestic competitor, but I hope that all the horrendous amounts of money in Wolfsburg and from Red Bull in Leipzig might lead to 2 clubs who have enough power to endure more than 3 years in a battle with Bayern.

At a certain point you're essentially only buying these top class players for CL play and the league is an afterthought. Bayern's name has some weight to it and Pep does as well I'm sure you could attract the same foreign players PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and City are getting and leave the cannibalizing behind. The players not being German hampers only you and the league.

There is always another club in Bundesliga that will challenge us. This year it looks like Gladbach. It is still dangerous though. We need a decent competitor in our league to keep the tension. I hope Dortmund comes back soon. They have too much money and a great coach and squad. Anyway, regardless of the rivalary, we need Reus as legit successor to Ribery and we will pay the 25 million as well as his 10 million wage.

:lol

Fuck outta here. Bayern have crippled any challenge that may have stemmed from a Bundesliga club. Literally ate Dortmund alive.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
At a certain point your essentially only buying these top class players for CL play and the league is an afterthought. Bayern's name has some weight to it and Pep does as well I'm sure you could attract the same foreign players PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and City are getting and leave the cannibalizing behind. The players not being German hampers only you and the league.

DONT LISTEN TO THEM

they just wanna fuck with BVB for winning the league twice in a row and humiliating them, honestly, that's LITERALLY the ONLY reason.

THE EGO MAN

Batongen

Banned
As expected, I'm making absolute no effort whatsoever in our internal fantasy league at work, and I've got the results to show for it as well.

But, apparently I'm not dead last anymore, I'm 14 out of 15 teams :lol

Elchele

At a certain point you're essentially only buying these top class players for CL play and the league is an afterthought. Bayern's name has some weight to it and Pep does as well I'm sure you could attract the same foreign players PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and City are getting and leave the cannibalizing behind. The players not being German hampers only you and the league.

pretty much every Bayern fan starts to complain when we sign players who aren't germans.
Not to mention how incredibly inflated prices are elsewhere, there's just no point in signing players outside of the Bundesliga. More expensive, language and cultural barrier, are not german and will need a season to fully adapt.

Dortmund are now signing players without a release clause, tho. So in the future things should be better for them if they can keep their financial situation well

Jack cw

Bayern surely want him, but I don't think Reus would join given how much more limited his playing time would be. Not to mention the whole year it would take him to adapt to Guardiola's type of football.
Could be, but honestly, a talented player like him is able to play what Pep wants. Unlike Götze he would come without a severe injury and could take part in training from the start. Don't forget, that he also gets around 10-12 million EUR from Bayern.

At a certain point your essentially only buying these top class players for CL play and the league is an afterthought. Bayern's name has some weight to it and Pep does as well I'm sure you could attract the same foreign players PSG, Monaco, Chelsea and City are getting and leave the cannibalizing behind. The players not being German hampers only you and the league.

Yes, that's what we do. Bundesliga alone isn't the standard anymore, and I know things might change sometime but there is still a difference in how transfers are done in Germany. Like all those teams you mentioned, we don't have time to buy talents and let them play to develop. We buy established player and even if we could compete with those ridiculous prices for players, we still take the most cheapest route (in this case hurt our own league). We rather give Dortmund another slap in the face instead of giving a 90 million offer for Hazard.

El Topo

Fuck outta here. Bayern have crippled any challenge that may have stemmed from a Bundesliga club. Literally ate Dortmund alive.

We signed two of their players. Two. One per season.

Three if you count Felix Götze, lol.

Yes, that's what we do. Bundesliga alone isn't the standard anymore, and I know things might change sometime but there is still a difference in how transfers are done in Germany. Like all those teams you mentioned, we don't have time to buy talents and let them play to develop. We buy established player and even if we could compete with those ridiculous prices for players, we still take the most cheapest route (in this case hurt our own league). We rather give Dortmund another slap in the face instead of giving a 90 million offer for Hazard.

Unless Pep is in complete control, Bayern will always go for the best German players.

Rikkun

Rummenigge and Beckenbauer are dickheads, no doubt, but BVB please just stop selling players to Bayern, maybe.

And now, news from the most corrupt league in the world.

vine.co/v/Obdnz3nHiPU

Trudi Garcia put in a cage and sent to a zoo after going nuts.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ibra's dream team:

B0VSV09CEAA1Fqq.jpg:large

NINE Juve players, I can't breathe

best striker in the world, I've always loved him.

flopping in Europe is a myth created by Mehssi fanboys

Jack cw

That's what I'm trying to explain. Bayern does what they have to do to be able to compete in Europe. Our own league and TV system prevents not only us but clubs like Dortmund, Schalke, etc. to get more money by self-distribution. We simply can't and wont ever take part in those inflated price wars for certain players. Dortmund has money, but offering Reus what Bayern could would destroy their policy of wages and it's not Bayern fault that Reus wanted a release clause, just like Götze.

Go_Ly_Dow

UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slizz

If the domestic league is competitive doesn't it benefit every team? The more competitive, the more bodies watching, the more sponsors want to get involved. Is it a revenue sharing thing in Bundesliga that makes it not very profitable?

Rikkun

Ibra's dream team:

B0VSV09CEAA1Fqq.jpg:large

NINE Juve players, I can't breathe

best striker in the world, I've always loved him.

flopping in Europe is a myth created by Mehssi fanboys

Obviously he's in the middle. And... which Ronaldo?
Coach Ancelotti. He knows. Best in the world, easily.

If the domestic league is competitive doesn't it benefit every team? The more competitive, the more bodies watching, the more sponsors want to get involved. Is it a revenue sharing thing in Bundesliga that makes it not very profitable?

I don't think competition alone leads to the commercial success of a league. Perhaps not even at all.

Really what we have are many "one offs". You look at the PL where City and Chelsea are bankrolled by billionaires. United are a financial beast. In Spain Madrid and Barca don't play in a competitive league, but they have the history on their side and have sold it to the world.

Bundesliga just isn't as popular or well branded as the PL. Bayern have outgrown it and the league hasn't come with them. I don't think you can expect them to hang back for the rest.

All of this is why we are tending towards the European Super League.

FWIW - you can't really blame Bayern. They're just looking out for themselves. It's a shame they are taking Dortmund apart the way they are but what are you gonna do. It was going to happen sooner or later. If any of the clubs in England or Spain had the chance to cherry pick form another domestic team they wouldn't think twice.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
pretty much every Bayern fan starts to complain when we sign players who aren't germans.
Not to mention how incredibly inflated prices are elsewhere, there's just no point in signing players outside of the Bundesliga. More expensive, language and cultural barrier, are not german and will need a season to fully adapt.

Dortmund are now signing players without a release clause, tho. So in the future things should be better for them if they can keep their financial situation well

Could be, but honestly, a talented player like him is able to play what Pep wants. Unlike Götze he would come without a severe injury and could take part in training from the start. Don't forget, that he also gets around 10-12 million EUR from Bayern.

We signed two of their players. Two. One per season.

Three if you count Felix Götze, lol.

Unless Pep is in complete control, Bayern will always go for the best German players.

blancrdp.gif

Bla bla blablurn

we all know what you were doing, you wanted to KILL them, to STOP their noble project.

why in the fuck did you hire their former legend Sammer? What purpose did that serve aside from humiliating them even more?

Cunts

Elchele

I think Bundesliga has benefited much more from Bayern going massive than it did when Bayern was average a few years ago.

The problem of Bundesliga is how poor it was marketed (is that even a word?) outside of Germany. They finally managed to get a global TV deal last season, and obviously for peanuts compared to EPL or La Liga. The league being in german language also is a huge barrier, not to mention the huge and progressive lack of foreign players because Germany actually produces their own talent.

Thanks to the UCL and Guardiola, the league has gone much more global. Now pretty much everyone knows Bayern and Dortmund everywhere. That's huge for the league, having an average Bayern would only make the Bundesliga weaker worldwide.

Bayern gets less TV money than Cardiff City did for last season

One might as well say that Bayern's scouting simply is shit and that's why there seems to be no other option than buying Bundesliga players. #UnpopularOpinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom