• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Woodward calling a United player a 'fucking waste of money'

I wonder which wastecadet he could be speaking of
JgZs64Q.png

It looked like he was looking into the camera and was responding to it focusing on him, to me

He certainly did look into the camera, but people being way too influenced because of what some random guy on Vine put over it lol. Try and put Man I like potatoes over it, and that looks good too.

Mpb9iiS.gif

Scum

Disappointed with that. Should be beating West Brom. Need defenders that don't fucking shit themselves every time they get attacked, and RVP needs to improve or LVG needs to drop him. Was hoping he wouldn't have golden boys based on his reputation, and he does.

Sell RVP. He's dead on the inside.

GorillaJu

RVP was great in his first year. His dead ball deliveries constantly found Rooney for late goals, and his ability to open up space with single touches flicking the ball on, even with his back to goal kept United's tempo up. It was like what Suarez did for us. Two, three touches and someone is behind 1 on 1 with the keeper.

He's just older now, he got his PL title, he's not on corner/FK duty and United don't play with pace.

Scum

RVP was great in his first year. His dead ball deliveries constantly found Rooney for late goals, and his ability to open up space with single touches flicking the ball on, even with his back to goal kept United's tempo up. It was like what Suarez did for us. Two, three touches and someone is behind 1 on 1 with the keeper.

He's just older now, he got his PL title, he's not on corner/FK duty and United don't play with pace.

Felliani behind Rppney and Flacao. Adnan to Juve, Mata to Valencia or Napoli.

Labadal

My Ps4 is acting up. I turned it off. I was ready to go to sleep. I here a lot of beeps and some messed up sounds after the console has already been turned off. I walk back. The damned thing spit out the CD and then kept going at it. CD drive is fucked and this is my first physical game. FML.

Can't be arsed to turn it back on now. Unplugged it and will see if the problem persists.

#PrayForMyPS4

Meier

RvP won them the title in 12-13. He still has the capability to but he seems like a guy who relishes being THE GUY. He's just one of many now -- probably lacking a bit of motivation.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I feel that the Qatar thing is an extremely complex plot by the US to get the WC.

Lightning

Banned
RvP won them the title in 12-13. He still has the capability to but he seems like a guy who relishes being THE GUY. He's just one of many now -- probably lacking a bit of motivation.
His performances for the Netherlands have been just as bad. Think he's just coming to the end of his cycle.

K1LLER7

That RVP shot which hit the post was a great effort tbf. If it went in, it could have given him a much needed boost.

Falcao was great as soon as he came on. Effortlessly holds the ball up and always wrestles for the ball. Had 3 or 4 players always trying to tackle him. Haven't had a working striker like that since Tevez, who was always on the defenders.

We still need a striker with pace alongside Falcao though. Berahino come be a gaalactico.

----

Edit: West Brom Twitter account pls.

Fellaini has now taken his tracksuit off, fortunately he has a Man Utd strip on underneath #WBAMUN
— West Bromwich Albion (@WBAFCofficial) October 20, 2014

Looked good today. Would like him to start alongside Herrera and Blind vs Chelsea. Defence needs help....unless McNair plays :p

GorillaJu

New Caribou, Iceage, and Ex Hex are all out. Those are the three albums I've been most anticipating this year, and all are good.

"Heavenly Father" is so damn good... Was hoping for a new Bon Iver record this year but dont see anything indicating it's coming.

We still need a striker with pace alongside Falcao though. Berahino come be a gaalactico.

Berahino is fucking sensational. What a year he's having.

K1LLER7

He was brilliant today. His movement between the last line of defenders was great. If they can get him in behind the defence, he has enough pace to leave defenders. Not a bad finisher too.

If he continues to have a good season, I can see him getting a move to a better team.

GorillaJu

He was brilliant today. His movement between the last line of defenders was great. If they can get him in behind the defence, he has enough pace to leave defenders. Not a bad finisher too.

If he continues to have a good season, I can see him getting a move to a better team.

Already rumors of Tottenham stealing him in the winter. Sounds too likely not to happen. He'd be great for them.

Scum

Can it be an average team instead? I want him to replace Ade. :<

K1LLER7

Already rumors of Tottenham stealing him in the winter. Sounds too likely not to happen. He'd be great for them.
Oh, I'd imagine WBA would hold him till the summer. Could potentially get a more £££ for him.

Would be a good move for both in the summer. Liverpool could have a look at him too. Borini will leave(?) and Balo is shit. Sturridge needs help.

K1LLER7

Can it be an average team instead? I want him to replace Ade. :<
Soldado can do that :p

He can't even score pen's anymore ;_;

Kane and Berahino.

England's future strike partnership playing together at Spurs. Woy would be pleased. Townsend too :O

Jarnet87

Horrible for the players, pretty awesome for us over here in the USA. prime time television baby.

I wonder if the time he mentions are BST as it's a BBC article. If it's 7:00 PM, 10:00 PM, and 1:00 AM EST that would be sick. Dunno if I can make it to 3:30 AM for a month straight lol.

Scum

Soldado can do that :p

He can't even score pen's anymore ;_;

Kane and Berahino.

England's future strike partnership playing together at Spurs. Woy would be pleased. Townsend too :O

I'm not fussed about Soldado. At least he seemed mobile. Ade just slows everything down. :-/
I'll take Soldado, Kane & another half decent youngster who knows how goal hang. The less said about Townsend at the mo, the better.
xPSlPCU.png

GorillaJu

Next year we'll have Origi who could be considered quite similar to Berahino and is maybe just a year younger. We wouldn't give him the playing time he deserves because he'd probably be behind Origi and Sturridge both in the pecking order.

Don't even want to think about Balotelli and what will happen there. I just hope he becomes a useful player. Maybe he's not so shit in a 4-4-2.

Or we could just do what God really wants to happen and save Dortmund from another heartbreaking loss of their best player to Bayern.

Scum

Next year we'll have Origi who could be considered quite similar to Berahino and is maybe just a year younger. We wouldn't give him the playing time he deserves because he'd probably be behind Origi and Sturridge both in the pecking order.

Don't even want to think about Balotelli and what will happen there. I just hope he becomes a useful player. Maybe he's not so shit in a 4-4-2.

Or we could just do what God really wants to happen and save Dortmund from another heartbreaking loss of their best player to Bayern.

I think Balo will be fine alongside Sturridge. It's Balo on his own you have to worry about.

ATF487

New Caribou, Iceage, and Ex Hex are all out. Those are the three albums I've been most anticipating this year, and all are good.

"Heavenly Father" is so damn good... Was hoping for a new Bon Iver record this year but dont see anything indicating it's coming.

I love that Iceage record, made me check out the other two though and I think You're Nothing is the best

Why do the Guardian let Lousie Taylor write articles?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/20/mario-balotelli-liverpool-brendan-rodgers

GorillaJu

You're Nothing is really good. Reminds me of Drive Like Jehu, it's just raw energy

Louise Taylor is a sweet lady. She voted Philippe Coutinho as the player of the year in his debut season despite coming in half way through the season :lol

Michael Cox on the other hand must be harboring some anti-Liverpool sentiment. I swear he's always so quick to mention how he "doesn't like Allen" or similarly doesn't like Coutinho, but almost never gives his opinion on other players, it's just pure analysis.

K1LLER7

I'm not fussed about Soldado. At least he seemed mobile. Ade just slows everything down. :-/
I'll take Soldado, Kane & another half decent youngster who knows how goal hang. The less said about Townsend at the mo, the better.
xPSlPCU.png
Soldado has nice link up play too.

Townsend Is the next Bale m8.

Forgot about Original. How's he done for Lille(?) this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom