• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koko

Banned
Keep your hands off Alaba, Real.

tumblr_mwp9wkdPR51qbiysso2_250.gif

Zabojnik

My Ps4 is acting up. I turned it off. I was ready to go to sleep. I here a lot of beeps and some messed up sounds after the console has already been turned off. I walk back. The damned thing spit out the CD and then kept going at it. CD drive is fucked and this is my first physical game. FML.

Can't be arsed to turn it back on now. Unplugged it and will see if the problem persists.

#PrayForMyPS4

Apparently there have been quite a few cases of PS4 spewing out the blu-ray for no reason. Might be that, not sure what the solution is.

My point only refers to competitive leagues like EPL.

Can you really call it a competitive league when Chelsea won it in September though?

In more positive news I'm really enjoying Evil Within. Some frustrating bits but the good massively outweighs the bad.

PC? I unpaused my Wasteland 2 playthrough the other day (I'm in the second half btw and still loving it), so TEW will have to wait for another week. I only booted it up and was welcomed by a laggy as hell mouse. Not sure what the problem was.

PC? I unpaused my Wasteland 2 playthrough the other day (I'm in the second half btw and still loving it), so TEW will have to wait for another week. I only booted it up and was welcomed by a laggy as hell mouse. Not sure what the problem was.

Yeah PC. The mouse is only fucked for the menu screen btw. Once you unlock it to 60 fps, fix the FOV and get rid of black bars (using Flawless Widescreen) its a great experience.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
At this stage of the season it's not important. Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool and United will be the teams that make up the top 5. The only question is which of Liverpool, Arsenal and United are going to miss top 4. 2 of them will make it, form is temporary, but those teams players will see them top 5.

Southampton don't have the players. Neither do Spurs or Everton.

Lightning pls

Arsenal have won two league games. 2! You are no better than Spurs or Everton. You couldn't beat either of them this season either. I agree that Southampton won't be in the top 6 though.

My Ps4 is acting up. I turned it off. I was ready to go to sleep. I here a lot of beeps and some messed up sounds after the console has already been turned off. I walk back. The damned thing spit out the CD and then kept going at it. CD drive is fucked and this is my first physical game. FML.

Can't be arsed to turn it back on now. Unplugged it and will see if the problem persists.

#PrayForMyPS4
http://techbooters.com/2014/01/03/fix-ps4-not-accepting-discs/

This helped. Sent my ps4 for repair but the ejecting thing happened again. Had to use this and there's no problem with it anymore.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not even necessarily Southampton taking one of the spots. The 3 of us have been seriously unimpressive.
you'll be fine as long as you 3 remain one or two points away from each other
So my vocab sheets that I go over with them have things like "rich atmosphere" and "punishing difficulty".
ああ、かわい子ちゃん!!!!!!!

Can't be worse than Evra.

2脚と機能して脳があれば誰でもできますか?

FootballFan

Since you asked, I have told the Bloodborne producer about what a lot of Souls fans like about the series, what I like about Bloodborne so far, etc. It's all very useful to him because they want to learn specifically what kind of vocabulary to use relevant to games, and he's an extremely gracious person. I think all my students are happy because the other in-house teachers at Sony know nothing about games except one dude who is a Madden-only Xbox type.

So my vocab sheets that I go over with them have things like "rich atmosphere" and "punishing difficulty".

Ekitai snake

But ... that cinematic feel ...

It's hilarious how bullshit that excuse is. Taking out the black bars and pulling back the FOV takes a serious FPS hit. The consoles wouldn't have been able to handle it given that they can't even hold 30fps.

The game is a technical mess apparently. They've taken an OpenGL engine and sat a DX11 wrapper in it. It's insanely inefficient.

you'll be fine as long as you 3 remain one or two points away from each other

Thankfully the Abysswalker's stans have made an absolute mess of their start, so ourselves and Arsenal aren't already scrabbling around trying to claw our way to a single spot

If we could just keep Sturridge fit, that'd be like having a new signing worth £40m :(

He deserves to be showing his stuff on the world stage, but we could well be out of the CL by the time he's back

Surely sending Januzaj out on loan is starting to look like something that needs to happen? Judging from the comments yesterday, every time he plays, he's forcing himself further away from getting the gametime he needs ala Shaqiri

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's hilarious how bullshit that excuse is. Taking out the black bars and pulling back the FOV takes a serious FPS hit. The consoles wouldn't have been able to handle it given that they can't even hold 30fps.

The game is a technical mess apparently. They've taken an OpenGL engine and sat a DX11 wrapper in it. It's insanely inefficient.

so which version is superior then? Are you saying I should step down from our promised land/utopia and buy a....console? It's too soon, February is months away

Thankfully the Abysswalker's stans have made an absolute mess of their start, so ourselves and Arsenal aren't already scrabbling around trying to claw our way to a single spot

If we could just keep Sturridge fit, that'd be like having a new signing worth £40m :(

He deserves to be showing his stuff on the world stage, but we could well be out of the CL by the time he's back

Surely sending Januzaj out on loan is starting to look like something that needs to happen? Judging from the comments yesterday, every time he plays, he's forcing himself further away from getting the gametime he needs ala Shaqiri

:( the whole thing is really sad, he's the new RVP isn't he :(

:( the whole thing is really sad, he's the new RVP isn't he :(

Hope not. Van Persie was absolutely ravaged by injury between the ages of 22 and 28 or so, could barely string 5 games together, and suffered from all kinds of injuries, major, minor, muscle, bone, strain, pull, tear, break. You name it, he snapped it. Fuck knows how good he'd have ended up with a decent fitness record in those years.

Thankfully, Sturridge (for now) is picking up relatively simple strains and pulls, which rule him out for 2-4 weeks at a time, rather than months on end. And because of that, when he comes back he's generally straight back into the swing of things. Worried this time more than usual because he could pull something before his return again, and he could be struggling for match fitness having been out for 10 weeks or so as compared to his usual periods of absence

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No that's the opposite of what I'm saying :lol

I really wanted you to say yes

because I don't feel like upgrading (and formatting?) my Windows to 64 bit

I'm barely part of the master race anymore

I'm like that deformed creature in 300 who's just trying to fit in

02.jpg

love me please, I'm a PC gamer too.

Well can you shed some light on the matter? I'd like to know.

Sentencing is a funny game. Both sides present their mitigating and aggravating factors for the offence and a judge will make a decision based on these facts (and the relevance and weight they are willing to grant them) and then assess a special table of possible sentences for a given crime. They will also weigh this against relevant case law for the kind of crime and similar fact matrices.

So when people go 'oh he killed someone and he only gets 5 years what a fuck up' I want to facepalm. Sentences are usually very carefully considered.

I really wanted you to say yes

because I don't feel like upgrading (and formatting?) my Windows to 64 bit

I'm barely part of the master race anymore

I'm like that deformed creature in 300 who's just trying to fit in

02.jpg

:lol

#pray4Yurt

Linius

Sentencing is a funny game. Both sides present their mitigating and aggravating factors for the offence and a judge will make a decision based on these facts (and the relevance and weight they are willing to grant them) and then assess a special table of possible sentences for a given crime. They will also weigh this against relevant case law for the kind of crime and similar fact matrices.

So when people go 'oh he killed someone and he only gets 5 years what a fuck up' I want to facepalm. Sentences are usually very carefully considered.

Appointing Moyes as the new manager for United was also very carefully considered.

El Topo

Most views on the internet are uneducated. It's also particularly easy to get worked up.

This. Southampton might put up a fight, but injuries/fatigue could cause a serious problem and eventually see them fall short of the top 4.

I really like the look of this Southampton team and I think they do have the quality to compete for top 4. They had a fantastic defence for most of last season and it looks like they have improved on that. Alderweireld looks like a step up from Lovren who is looking more and more like a weak link. Forster looks like he could be the next England no.1 and it's a travesty that Clyne isn't Englands first choice RB already. Bertrand is showing why Benitez and Di Matteo both liked him so much and why at one point he looked like he would become Cole's natural successor at Chelsea. The Southampton midfield has quality and depth. Schneiderlin, Cork, Ward Prowse, Davis and Wanyama are all good footballers and I'm fairly sure Brendan Rogers is already preparing a bid for Tadic who has been a revelation. Upfront they have a natural goal scorer in Pelle and a total nuisance in Long. Hopefully Rodriguez will make a good recovery as well because he was banging them in before he got injured.
I have to admit though that I have been totally surprised by them after they lost so many players in the summer. I wonder if the Dutch influence clicking so quickly has something to do with how they develop their players.

kharma45

#pray4Yurt

Thank you Horse.

Linius

Lol, Pistorius lawyer expects that he will serve about ten months in prison and will spend the rest of his sentence on house arrest.

That does sound like a joke no matter what, we're talking murder here after all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Horse why can't we just kill the murderers. Let her family take turns stabbing him and be done with it.

life will be so much simpler and it'll end this whole "lolz 5 years? I'm so gon kill someone now then". Because I can see it in Linius's eyes

please just think about it

Lol, Pistorius lawyer expects that he will serve about ten months in prison and will spend the rest of his sentence on house arrest.

That does sound like a joke no matter what, we're talking murder here after all.

No we're not, we're talking about culpable homicide. Come on Linny.

scently

#pray4Yurt

Oh ok, I know that already, thought maybe there was more to it. Anyway thanks.

Linius

There was a Dutch article heading this morning "German number two is interested in Lasse Schöne". I was thinking about Dortmund, but they were talking about Gladbach. Times are changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom