• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

Never understood the hype for Balotelli.

Forget the maturity/consistency for a minute here. Just going by talent alone, he's nowhere near the likes of Falcao/Ibra/Suarez. Not even on the level of Lewandowski/Aguero/Cavani.

EDIT: He's the homeless man's Karim Benzema

Don't think you can compare players who have commanded transfer fees of over £50m with someone we got for £16m

We can't attract or afford any of the players you listed.

Linius

Avengers will be another overrated Marvel movie. Don't believe the hype. Just look forward to more Guardians of the Galaxy.

Purdy

For all the shit Balo is getting he was doing a lot better than Sterling last night, after the first 20 mins the amount he was isolated was absurd.

Phil was fucking class.

Same shit different team regarding the defence though, Madrids midfield just a class above though when our tempo dropped and Ronaldos movement was filthy

Gambit

Avengers will be another overrated Marvel movie. Don't believe the hype. Just look forward to more Guardians of the Galaxy.

Overrated, underrated, who cares? I am simply looking forward to seeing all these characters together on film.
Of course, if the Guardians showed up, I'd be even happier. (which they will eventually for Thanos)

I don't even know who Ultron is, but I really wanted him to look more like this :lol

James Spader <3

For all I care, he could be in Boston Legal attire and I'd still accept him as a supervillain. You gotta like that guy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Overrated, underrated, who cares? I am simply looking forward to seeing all these characters together on film.
Of course, if the Guardians showed up, I'd be even happier. (which they will eventually for Thanos)

For all I care, he could be in Boston Legal attire and I'd still accept him as a supervillain. You gotta like that guy.

OH BABY! I agree with pretty much everything in this post

let's just get married Gambit

but our kids will support BVB, of course.

Gambit

OH BABY! I agree with pretty much everything in this post

let's just get married Gambit

but our kids will support BVB, of course.

You'd want our kids to be weirdoes that are still hung up on 2010s things that no-one remembers by then? Relics who only live off past glories and the few times they (almost) made it?

Then why not Liverpool?

Dark Rider

Real Madrid
Last two matches away
Only two days rest
Our team not fit and have injuries

Barcelona
Last two matches home
Three days rest
Luis Suárez plays his first match and their team is in full strength

:(

can we get this match delayed?

Dark Rider

Pretty nice week for the German clubs. Here is hope for another BVB vs. Bayern final.

It was equally nice week for Spain clubs. Here is hope for another Real Madrid vs. Atletico De Madrid final

:p

Has anyone had a bruised chest before? What's the remedy. This is the most painful thing man, fucking can't even cough without dying.

You will sadly suffer much longer than your typical bruise. If you feel the pain is more than little stapping knives head to the doctor immediately.

Purdy

Real Madrid
Last two matches away
Only two days rest

Barcelona
Last two matches home
Three days rest

Who was out injured last night?

Jack cw

Has anyone had a bruised chest before? What's the remedy. This is the most painful thing man, fucking can't even cough without dying.

I had a two broken ribs a few months ago (some idiot tackled me like Vidal) and the first 4 or 5 days were painful as hell. Had to throw in 3 painkillers a day to keep the pain down and breath normal. Do not make the mistake and start breathing different to keep the pain down. It will cause pneumonia. So, take a few painkillers and get through the first week, from then on you just notice pain while sleeping.

Blablurn

I say this with clear mind. And without falling for the usual GAF Hivemind. I thought the trailer looked pretty awesome. I have no idea who Ultron is but he has already more character than most of the avengers.

Thor is boring. The Russian is boring but hot. So I accept her. Tony Stark was funny some years ago but I'm kinda done with that "millionaire with attiude".
Similar to Yurt :p
. The rest is acceptable. It's all about Ultron in that clip.

Dark Rider

Who was out injured last night?

Bale is injured
Luka Modri&#263; was not 100%
I'm still waiting for Jese return :(
Sami just came back from injury not 100%
Is Ramos fit? I forgot but he didn't play
Dani Carvajal was out

just to name a few things that was not ideal

FootballFan

Real Madrid
Last two matches away
Only two days rest

Barcelona
Last two matches home
Three days rest

Meh. We've beaten Madrid away with half the starting 11 missing. With Adriano and busquets in cb and pinto in goal.

No excuses please. Barca would beat Madrid regardless, even if both teams swapped starting 11s.

mes que un club

3Sixty

You had Arsenal playing absolutely shit and you still couldn't win with so many of our players injured or not 100% fit and you still shit the bed. I could watch that awesomeness Chambers cross to Gibbs all day, what a fantastic delivery.

Absolutely shanked it.

Jack cw

Meh. We've beaten Madrid away with half the starting 11 missing. With Adriano and busquets in cb and pinto in goal.

No excuses please. Barca would beat Madrid regardless, even if both teams swapped starting 11s.

mes que un club

I think Barca has good chances because those games from Real against Atletico had a pattern. When the midfield of their opponent is equally strong or even stronger, they fail to get the counter chances to their wingers. Physical play is a way to defeat them. Kroos and Modric are pretty vulnurable there. Barca is, regardless of shape and rest favourite in this game.

Linius

I think Barca has good chances because those games from Real against Atletico had a pattern. When the midfield of their opponent is equally strong or even stronger, they fail to get the counter chances to their wingers. Physical play is a way to defeat them. Kroos and Modric are pretty vulnurable there. Barca is, regardless of shape and rest favourite in this game.

Barca is never favourite playing at Bernabeu. Madrid is in killer form too, it's going to be a tough game.

FootballFan

Alba is not 100% fit
Neymar is not 100% fit
Suarez has yet to even gel with the team and get playing time.
Pique is surely not 100% with how he plays
Messi is tired from world cup
Iniesta has a bruised knee
Rakitic is just back from injury

Jack cw

Barca is never favourite playing at Bernabeu. Madrid is in killer form too, it's going to be a tough game.

Of course they are in top form, no doubt but Madrid this season has one weak spot and I see Barcas midfield as key but in this game but with two of the best clubs it's hard to make a prediction.

subtles

That systematic destruction at the hands of a crippled Madrid.

Hold me.

I wish we won the title last season. It would have made these losses so much easier. T_T

Blablurn

Big difference in Bayern over last month. Much more direct, willing to use full range of weapons. Seems Guardiola compromised with players

Pep once said the only way to effectively transition from defense to attack is with 15+ passes. Bayern now often scoring with just 2 or 3

The Madrid defeat made Pep rethink many problems. For the better.

Jack cw

The Madrid defeat made Pep rethink many problems. For the better.

Same happened to Jupp after Chelsea. You can only achieve great victory if you suffer from colossal defeats and get up. Pep is by far the best coach in recent years and even in 30 years the decade from 2008 and on will be connected to him. Sorry Mou.

3Sixty

"Adam Lallana came on and was tireless in his work rate. That is the minimum here at Liverpool - you need to press, you need to work. Young Adam came on and did that very well."

Young Adam :lol

Blablurn

Same happened to Jupp after Chelsea. You can only achieve great victory if you suffer from colossal defeats and get up. Pep is by far the best coach in recent years and even in 30 years the decade from 2008 and on will be connected to him. Sorry Mou.

It's gonna be interesting how the big teams want to stop Madrid in the end. When you look at Bayern, Barca and Chelsea, you see a gameplay. Madrid is more like a wild offense.

I guess it needs two very good games again. You need to take away the fun from them. Preferably in the first half.

KidJr

I am worryingly concerned about Arsenal, if it was one bad performance last night.. I could put it down to just that but there really isnt enough fluidity in this 4141 system and Wenger needs to realise that... go back to 4231 it PAINFUL to watch Arsenal and I didnt even really want to celebrate the win yesterday it was that bad.

The thing is I can count on my hand the amount of times we've played well this season, yes we've only lost like twice but we havent performed either.

Jack cw

It's gonna be interesting how the big teams want to stop Madrid in the end. When you look at Bayern, Barca and Chelsea, you see a gameplay. Madrid is more like a wild offense.

I guess it needs two very good games again. You need to take away the fun from them. Preferably in the first half.

Don't know. All of those 4 right now are pretty close. In the end, form and luck will decide sometime in March/April. Form, Injuries, suspensions, etc. play a role. Bayern surely plays the most different football because of a system Pep recovered (from 1938 Hungary and 1950 Italy) with a 3-2-3-2 and high pressing, with aggressive counterpressing and Heynckes-like vertical play to outplay the last line of defence in the opponents last thrid. Until now, not even Dortmund nor anyone else found a way against this.

Blablurn

Don't know. All of those 4 right now are pretty close. In the end, form and luck will decide sometime in March/April. Form, Injuries, suspensions, etc. play a role. Bayern surely plays the most different football because of a system Pep recovered (from 1938 Hungary and 1950 Italy) with a 3-2-3-2 and high pressing, with aggressive counterpressing and Heynckes-like vertical play to outplay the last line of defence in the opponents last thrid. Until now, not even Dortmund nor anyone else found a way against this.

Feels good to be us. Dat 38 Hungary.

jts

...hate me...
What about the decade from 2004 m8.

Mourinho has won 2 Champions League with mickey mouse league teams m8. That's amazing. Based Mou <3

If you mean Bayern's coach will be more cherished by Bayern's fans than Mourinho in 30 years then you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom