• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
M8 you've never seen a defender like me.

Still a CAM, 5.7", play at CB. As soon as I make the move, we go on a winning streak and get promoted.

Before they wanted me to stay away from CB. Now they'll want me there. I'm in a position of power. This must be how Wayne Rooney feels.

I want a payrise Dean.

Michael-Bluth-Wink-Arrested-Development.gif

Dark Rider

IF De Gea do actually move to Real Madrid then those Atletico matches will get even more intense.

How do you feel about that happening Prinny?

Last year in the classico we had a vertical setup with DiMaria and Bale, it gave us speed and the ability to penetrate through the wings. We lost both league games.

This year we have Isco/James - more possession style oriented players with the ability to hold on to the ball given their positions. We'll so how this fares against a team who likes possession play.

Kroos and Alonso is the other noteworthy change - we're going to need the youth as Barca will be attacking our mid hard! Illara may need to be brought on as well later in the game to tone things down.

I think James should set this game (maybe a late sub in if the game is in our favor)
We play with Illar + Modric + Kroos
OR
James set it out
and we play with Ramos + Varane as CB
Pepe + Modric + Kroos as DM
Remember that time Pepe played DM and completely killed Messi? I'm hoping for that with this formation including Pepe as DM :p

Barca will play better possession style football any day. Even against Liverpool there were times when the ball was given away easily which will be a deathbed against Barca.

Keep in mind that James + Kroos (lack of Di Maria + Xabi) both still didn't fit in and subsequently didn't get to their best performance yet (I think they will be near their top performance by next year hopefully) is the main cause for losing the ball sometimes like that.

Navas is better than De Gea

De Gea is too good to be second choice at Madrid

Valdes is too good to be on the bench at Man Utd

Help me understand

@bjaelke, internationals are coming as a catch 22 atm. They're providing us with a window in which we can elay our matches while our injured players get closer to returning, but they're opening up entire new avenues in which our players can get injured. I say fuck it, sacrifice the rest as much as necessary until Studge returns to fire us to the title.

And the Champions League.

And the FA Cup.

Not the League Cup though. Fuck that.

edit: Always Sunny is so good

'Dead tooth! Let me see the dead tooth!'

Clegg

Re: a few posts above

I remember Kermit pulling a freaker when nobody was posting at 4am. Expected the Euro posters to be up to interact with him.

Dark Rider

Save this quote if you like but mark my words: He in DM will kill any chances of winning titles for Real.

I remember him doing that for you guys but our style is different and it is more of a wish for me that he improve in that area with a new team that has a different style and that is why in both cases I'm including someone who plays a more defensive style (Illara) or a CB (Pepe) who proved in the past to be more than capable of the role so he could play his offensive style on the attack. But if he doesn't adapt then either he sit it out or we change our back line formation.

Navas is better than De Gea

De Gea is too good to be second choice at Madrid

Valdes is too good to be on the bench at Man Utd

Help me understand

Are you saying that Valdes is better than De Gea?

@bjaelke, internationals are coming as a catch 22 atm. They're providing us with a window in which we can elay our matches while our injured players get closer to returning, but they're opening up entire new avenues in which our players can get injured. I say fuck it, sacrifice the rest as much as necessary until Studge returns to fire us to the title.

And the Champions League.

And the FA Cup.

Not the League Cup though. Fuck that.

But that is the case for all the top clubs out there.

Are you saying that Valdes is better than De Gea?

But that is the case for all the top clubs out there.

De Gea is better than Valdes, but Valdes is an idiot if he goes to a club to sit on the bench. He's good enough to start for a decent team.

If he goes to Man Utd to sit on the bench, he's an idiot. If he goes to Man Utd to replace De Gea, with De Gea going to Madrid, Madrid are idiots since Navas is certainly no worse than him.

The other top clubs don't have the gulf in quality between their first choice striker and second that we do. Sturridge's absence is killing us, and not even entirely because he's that good (he is though)

Our alternatives are dogshit.

Tubie

De Gea is better than Valdes, but Valdes is an idiot if he goes to a club to sit on the bench. He's good enough to start for a decent team.

If he goes to Man Utd to sit on the bench, he's an idiot. If he goes to Man Utd to replace De Gea, with De Gea going to Madrid, Madrid are idiots since Navas is certainly no worse than him.

The other top clubs don't have the gulf in quality between their first choice striker and second that we do. Sturridge's absence is killing us, and not even entirely because he's that good (he is though)

De Gea is terrible compared to Navas and no better than Casillas really. I rather we keep playing "el topo" for another 5 years if De Gea is the alternative.

I hope he doesn't come.

Dark Rider

He'll probably go next year.

If Atletico keep their form up then I think IF he leave MU it would be to rejoin Atletico again.

but what is Prinny feelings about it if he indeed end up in Real Madrid instead? :p

What De GOAT is leaving??? Wtf? Why? Please say it isnt so! PLLLLEEAAASSSEEE!

He didn't sign the new contract yet so expect all kinds of speculation flying in all directions :p
Personally I'm fine with him staying at United unless our keeper situation get worse then I would want him in :)

It's where he's played for Ancelotti every time this season.

I agree with you tho, this was/is a horrible idea from Carletto.

Yes which irritate me to no end. Carlo need to give Illara play time consistently so he get in his full form because we desperately need a world class DM after Xabi departure (we need to do that anyway because Xabi is not lasting long).

Valdes original plan was to be in a top club and be their first choice all the time. Yes that was basically what he was at Barcelona but over the years he got ton of criticism for his mistakes and he felt he lost all grace so he wanted to be somewhere else where he feel he is more appreciated (in a top club still). But I think at this point of time he knows that is not possible and his choices are either second choice in a top club or first choice in a decent club. As it stands for Valdes he is not getting any offers from a decent club now and can't be first choice for a top club so he will be forced with the option that he did not want to be left with: second choice in a top club.

You know that Benzema is our main striker? not as good as it should be for first choice in a club of Real Madrid level :p
and look who is our second choice? :p

IT'S ROONEY'S BIRTHDAY EVERYONE

CELEBRATE YOUR CAPTAIN'S BIRTHDAY OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES

He will announce moving back home to Everton? :p

Carbonox

Today's the day. Going to the hospital to find out whether or not I will need surgery for my face. Barring some bruising everything looks and feels fine now anyway so fingers crossed the doctor will stroke my face and tell me to fack off.

What De GOAT is leaving??? Wtf? Why? Please say it isnt so! PLLLLEEAAASSSEEE!

Valdes rejected a contract offer to stay on at United until the end of the season apparently. It must have been low wages as a backup option.

More likely that Lindegaard is leaving soon.

Tubie

You know that Benzema is our main striker? not as good as it should be for first choice in a club of Real Madrid level :p

Benzema is the best striker in the world for Madrid.

Look at him all match long against Liverpool, look at all the chances he created for Ronaldo/Wingers.

He's so incredibly underrated because he doesn't score a lot, but his (possible) goals are always going to a better place.

Salazar

Started watching Peaky Blinders.

Sufficiently intrigued after the first episode. Some of these accents, though. I'd pretend I was mute.

Valdes original plan was to be in a top club and be their first choice all the time. Yes that was basically what he was at Barcelona but over the years he got ton of criticism for his mistakes and he felt he lost all grace so he wanted to be somewhere else where he feel he is more appreciated (in a top club still). But I think at this point of time he knows that is not possible and his choices are either second choice in a top club or first choice in a decent club. As it stands for Valdes he is not getting any offers from a decent club now and can't be first choice for a top club so he will be forced with the option that he did not want to be left with: second choice in a top club.

By most accounts we're very interested in acquiring Valdes' services if he can prove his fitness, either trainging with us or independently. We'd be a good move for him, he fits what Rodgers probably wants far more than Mignolet does, and he'd start every game. If he moves to Man Utd instead of us without De Gea's departure being imminent, it'll be a money-driven move, simple as that

And you don't even need Benzema to be that good with Ronaldo single-handedly providing more goals than most teams do. We, on the other hand, don't have a single player with more than 1 goal iirc aside from Raheezus. In all competitions.

:(

Carbonox

By most accounts we're very interested in acquiring Valdes' services if he can prove his fitness, either trainging with us or independently. We'd be a good move for him, he fits what Rodgers probably wants far more than Mignolet does, and he'd start every game. If he moves to Man Utd instead of us without De Gea's departure being imminent, it'll be a money-driven move, simple as that

And you don't even need Benzema to be that good with Ronaldo single-handedly providing more goals than most teams do. We, on the other hand, don't have a single player with more than 1 goal iirc aside from Raheezus. In all competitions.

hitch m83

papiss cisse

50m

better than balotelli

Dark Rider

Benzema is the best striker in the world for Madrid.

Look at him all match long against Liverpool, look at all the chances he created for Ronaldo/Wingers.

He's so incredibly underrated because he doesn't score a lot, but his goals are always going to a better place.

I appreciate his efforts for a more effective offense
In fact that is the reason you never see me verbally abuse him
I never cared for his low score count compared to what he does for the others to better our attack

But sometimes he does stupid things and miss stupid easy chances that it bothers me a lot. And my remark about him was precisely because to me it happens more often than I would like :p
I'm good with him being our second choice and a killer for a striker as our first choice :p

I think you can offer him a pretty good wage and a spot at the CL and you would get him :)
And I agree you need him more than MU (If De Gea sign a new contract)

You will shout unspoken obscenities when he does his usual fuck up

That does not change the fact that we should have a killer striker for our striker spot with Benzema helping, we shouldn't drop that spot because another player is doing us good :)

You could scout for good talent and you have no excuse for not doing so, look at Atletico Madrid and their recent years killer signings for their strikers?
Look at their record for the last 8 years and you can see you can still have a world class striker :)

You could scout for good talent and you have no excuse for not doing so, look at Atletico Madrid and their recent years killer signings for their strikers?
Look at their record for the last 8 years and you can see you can still have a world class striker :)

I think that statement does us a bit of a disservice in that it ignores the fact that Sturridge is our unexpectedly killer signing in that position. Finding someone as good as him to cover his injuries was never really gonna happen, Atletico are some kind of voodoo wizards with their striker-scouting :p

Should have done better than ending up with Balotelli, Lambert and Borini covering him though, no doubt. Even if they were all on form, none of them are even half as good as Studge.

Anyway, bedtime.

Dark Rider

I think that statement does us a bit of a disservice in that it ignores the fact that Sturridge is our unexpectedly killer signing in that position. Finding someone as good as him to cover his injuries was never really gonna happen, Atletico are some kind of voodoo wizards with their striker-scouting :p

Should have done better than ending up with Balotelli, Lambert and Borini covering him though, no doubt. Even if they were all on form, none of them are even half as good as Studge.

I didn't ignore Sturridge, he is very good but I don't think he is world class/top striker yet (maybe in the future) or on the level that Atletico produce with their scouting :p
And clubs need to learn from Atletico scouting (BVB and others too), trust me it is doable :p

Balotelli, I have no idea how you went through with his signing it was like watching you inject your team with a lethal drug when you did it.

Anyway, bedtime.

It was nice talking to you, Thank you for being with us today :p

bjaelke

ESPN FC @ESPNFC

BREAKING: Serbia awarded 3-0 win, deducted 3 points + ordered to play 2 home qualifiers behind closed doors after trouble against Albania.

BtfK2B4.gif

Bleepey

"We heard some horror stories," he says. "There was the student whose friends staged an intervention, holding him down and smashing the disk in front of him, and then the chap, another journalist, whose wife found him sat with his head in his hands in the kitchen late one night. 'What's wrong?' she said. 'I've been sacked,' he mumbled. His wife burst into tears. She was pregnant, they'd just taken out a mortgage, she was terrified for their future. It took him several minutes to clarify that he'd only been sacked on a computer game, not in real life."

Macintosh himself once wore a suit and played Abide With Me through Spotify before managing a team in an FA Cup final and ultimately a simple question has to be asked – why have so many people become so obsessed with Football Manager? So much so that it was cited as the cause in 35 divorce cases last year.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/21/football-manager-craze-lionel-messi

I didn't realsie you guys could get it so bad

That's silly but I assume they were got the win cause Albania were the ones who refused to continue and got deducted 3 points cause the whole mess was their fault. weird one that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom