• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOloDy1.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Theo travelling to Sunderland. All us well with the world. Hopefully gets a few good minutes in.

Chambers needs a solid match with no yellow card.

bud

Another 5 hours before I can leave for home to play Bayonetta 1 & 2. #FuckWork

i forgot what your job is scum.

but don't you do something at a legal office? how are you still at work at midnight.

help me understand the things that are happening in your life.

Scum

i forgot what your job is scum.

but don't you do something at a legal office? how are you still at work at midnight.

help me understand the things that are happening in your life.

It's a boring ass printroom/reprographics job for a legal firm. Hours are 4pm - midnight.

From the Hull Daily Mail (so can't be hyperlinked):

Urgent appeal for missing Jamie Barnwell-Edinboro from Hull, ex-footballer who played for Coventry, Swansea, Wigan and Cambridge.

Mr Barnwell-Edinboro, 38, was last seen in Hull city centre yesterday at 2pm. Nobody has heard from him since.

His family are concerned for his safety because they say Mr Barnwell-Edinboro, of Newington Street, is suffering from depression.

Mr Barnwell-Edinboro, who played in the Premier League for Coventry, is assistant manager and head of youth development at Hull Utd FC.

His sister Rachael Nice said: “I was with him at 2pm yesterday in the city centre but no one has heard from him since.

“He is suffering from depression, which makes us particularly concerned.

“The police are limited in what they can do because he’s an adult.”

Mr Barnwell-Edinboro left the city centre on foot. His family are trying to find out what possessions and cash he had on him at the time.

Family and friends joined the police in searching for Mr Barnwell-Edinboro last night in and around the city.

Ms Nice said: “Jamie has always battled with depression but only recently admitted it because of the stigma around it.

“If Jamie reads this we just want him to know we want him back so we can help him. We all miss him and just want him back.”

Mr Barnwell-Edinboro made his Premier League debut for Coventry as a replacement for Dion Dublin at Middlesbrough in 1995. He played for Swansea City, Wigan Athletic and Cambridge United in the football league.

He went on to become a NCEL Premier Division regular with Hall Road Rangers before becoming its chairman, one of the youngest in the non-league.

He has also been heavily involved in the development of futsal in Hull.

Humberside Police have confirmed Mr Barnwell-Edinboro has been reported missing and initial inquiries have been made.

Anyone with information should call officers on 101.

Police said they are investigating two reported sightings along the east coast, although neither has been confirmed as Mr Barnwell-Edinboro.

Detective Inspector Joanne Roe said: “We are concerned for the welfare of Jamie and would urge anyone who believes they may have seen him to contact the police.

"Ultimately we would like to speak with Jamie and would encourage him to call police, family or friends and let us know that he is safe and well.

“Any calls made to the police will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence and should not wish for people to know your whereabouts, then we will not disclose those details.”

FootballFan

Can't believe Suarez's league football ban ends tomorrow. 4 months gone already. D:

Our new signings have always scored against Madrid in recent history/on debut season.

Henry, Pique, ibra, villa, Cesc, Sanchez, Neymar etc.

Suarez. Continue that tradition.

L1NETT

Charlton come on

Bob the bald builder won't be happy with this

can't let their great start to the season waver, especially in this league

Scum

Our new signings have always scored against Madrid in recent history/on debut season.

Henry, Pique, ibra, villa, Cesc, Sanchez, Neymar etc.

Suarez. Continue that tradition.

FF, pls. You're already dead. Batra & Pique will cost you the game. Get some CBs, m9.

FootballFan

FF, pls. You're already dead. Batra & Pique will cost you the game. Get some CBs, m9.

Meh we'll concede but score more. Madrid shit their pants when they see the barca kit. The Bernabeu is our 2nd home.

Win = brilliant, draw = boring, lose = still a point ahead. The pressure is on them much more imo.

Meh we'll concede but score more. Madrid shit their pants when they see the barca kit. The Bernabeu is our 2nd home.

Win = brilliant, draw = boring, lose = still a point ahead. The pressure is on them much more imo.

I love your confidence going into this match :)

The Madrid team that lost last seasons clasico opener is not the same Madrid team today, I think you may be underestimating our team a little? We have 30 goals, 8 more than the runner up (you), what makes you think you will score more? We're a much more capable and balanced team. Our midfield, even without Alonso, has been impeccable and our defensive play from our non-defenders (James, Isco and Bale to name a few) deserves praise.

gareth-bale-copa-del-rey-final.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I downloaded whatsapp the other day in order to talk to people, how does one join this group?

Linius

The Madrid team that lost last seasons clasico opener is not the same Madrid team today, I think you may be underestimating our team a little? We have 30 goals, 8 more than the runner up (you), what makes you think you will score more? We're a much more capable and balanced team. Our midfield, even without Alonso, has been impeccable and our defensive play from our non-defenders (James, Isco and Bale to name a few) deserves praise.

gareth-bale-copa-del-rey-final.jpg

You guys scored eight more goals, we conceded nine goals less. It's just simple mathematics m8.

FootballFan

Dat psychological projection.

Dat madriditis.

Can't wait for tomorrow, its gonna be amazing.

Excited for sure.

http://footballburp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/gareth-bale-copa-del-rey-final.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm just confident because I don't think Madrid are THAT good. Your goals scored don't make a difference in this match, just like barca's goals conceded so far in la liga don't.

Barca is not the same either. New coach, new tactics, new signings etc.

The match could easily go either way, I just think we'll win from what I've seen of Madrid so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom