• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grosso is a coach? That guy had one good month in his whole career as a player and should just try and live of that rather than try and coach.

But Materazzi coaching sounds like the greatest thing ever. I think he could actually kill a player.

And Moratti must really hate Thohir if he has sided with Agnelli

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Any Liverpool fans still happy we didn't get Bony? Hasn't been great this season, but he's a massive threat

he's better than Lambert and Balo if that's the type of striker Rogers wants

I'm actually surprised nobody bought him in the summer.

Liverpool should buy Džeko. It looks like he's on his way out of City.

he's better than Lambert and Balo if that's the type of striker Rogers wants

I'm actually surprised nobody bought him in the summer.

Liverpool should buy Džeko. It looks like he's on his way out of City.

City won't sell him to us (or anyone in the PL) for a reasonable fee, and better clubs than us will be after him

Linius

City won't sell him to us (or anyone in the PL) for a reasonable fee, and better clubs than us will be after him

If Frank finally sees the light and start using Milik every game we might have a striker for you guys in about 3 years. You can sing a pre-order contract for 25 million.

Our Saviour is playing. No chance Linius.

PdyUZJ6.png

I'm going to choose to be temporarily optimistic

If we carry on playing with 2 up front, and Balotelli finds the positions he did yesterday, goals will come to him. Needs a tap-in or two to spark a little run though, at the moment he's basically shitting himself whenever the ball falls to him.

Scum

I'm going to choose to be temporarily optimistic

If we carry on playing with 2 up front, and Balotelli finds the positions he did yesterday, goals will come to him. Needs a tap-in or two to spark a little run though, at the moment he's basically shitting himself whenever the ball falls to him.

Two up front will do Balo good. Playing him up front on his own is asking for trouble.

Pereyra on the right will be good.

Why Morata doesn't get a start is beyond me, but hopefully Llion can get off the mark today. When he plays, he works really hard for the team but he needs to start banging them in, and you'd think Palermo would be a good opportunity to do that.

DBT85

Got none of these players in the FF so I don't care who wins this game.

I'm going for an entertaining 34-25 match, with spurs to come from 0-12 down.

EDIT: fuck that, spurs to concede 12 penalties and save them all. I have Loris. lol

Two up front will do Balo good. Playing him up front on his own is asking for trouble.

That's been clear for a while, but Rodgers is understandably hesitant to play 4-4-2, given that all 3 of the strikers available to us have massive weaknesses, so in theory it makes more sense to sacrifice numbers up front for numbers and (supposed) quality in midfield. But when we play one up front, we may as well have nobody up front. So it's all or nothing really.

B-Rod needs to make decisions quicker though, sometimes it's obvious that a change needs to be made after like 20 minutes, so if we go to 4-4-2 there'll be occasions where we should take a striker off (West Ham away springs to mind) but he'll still wait til the hour-mark to do it, or half-time at best

That is where Mourinho in particular has every other manager in the world beat imo. Not afraid at all to do what's needed, no matter how much time is left.

Hixx

I love how foreign channels have the pitch side mics turned way up.

Listening to Pardew telling his players how to play football is so insightful.

How does English football solve the issue of teams essentially choosing guaranteed relegation and parachute payments over trying to build a squad capable of survival, as Burnley have?

Linius

That's been clear for a while, but Rodgers is understandably hesitant to play 4-4-2, given that all 3 of the strikers available to us have massive weaknesses, so in theory it makes more sense to sacrifice numbers up front for numbers and (supposed) quality in midfield. But when we play one up front, we may as well have nobody up front. So it's all or nothing really.

B-Rod needs to make decisions quicker though, sometimes it's obvious that a change needs to be made after like 20 minutes, so if we go to 4-4-2 there'll be occasions where we should take a striker off (West Ham away springs to mind) but he'll still wait til the hour-mark to do it, or half-time at best

That is where Mourinho in particular has every other manager in the world beat imo. Not afraid at all to do what's needed, no matter how much time is left.

De Boer has this annoying habbit of bringing in players ten minutes before the end of the game.

z9ZCF2f.png

In a rare occasion that leads to this though.

Wilbur

Banned
You watching us today ?

I am. Work said they didn't need me today, dat higher than expected wage percentage.

How does English football solve the issue of teams essentially choosing guaranteed relegation and parachute payments over trying to build a squad capable of survival, as Burnley have?

It's a tricky one, because feasibly if a bunch of teams did it and came up every year and you have numerous championship clubs comfortable, you could eventually get stronger clubs coming up.

Burnley's promotion was unexpected last year as well to be honest.

it's better then them overpaying and getting in financial trouble!

That's my point though. Personally (clearly uninformed opinion here), I'd reduce parachute payments in favour of more money being instantly awarded to promoted teams (especially to teams who gain automatic promotion)

If they blow it all on shite and get relegated regardless, tough shit.

L1NETT

It's an odd one Hitch, because "building a squad capable of survival" for a club the size of Burnley, who don't have sugar daddy backing, and relegation might plunge the club into administration.

Probably a canny move what they are doing in the long term. Doesn't stop Dyche being a moronic coach

Reducing the ridiculous amount of parachute payments would help and stop other championship clubs pushing themselves to the brink of financial ruin trying to get themselves up.

Trying to force teams to spend beyond their means as you are suggesting is a precipitate of the unsustainable financial culture the PL has created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom