• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
All I want is some Di Maria magic today

Just a little :3

L1NETT

Oh and just to add to that compare QPR/Burnley

Which club has better future prospects. QPR have spent buckets on massive contracts yet are in a far worse long term position

This big money sticker book player culture isn't the way forward for promoted clubs. Look at clubs which have made the transition....Saints/Swansea etc....

Good cross by #TheProspect

Left foot

A real masonry to his passing

ha

It's an odd one Hitch, because "building a squad capable of survival" for a club the size of Burnley, who don't have sugar daddy backing, and relegation might plunge the club into administration.

Probably a canny move what they are doing in the long term. Doesn't stop Dyche being a moronic coach

Reducing the ridiculous amount of parachute payments would help and stop other championship clubs pushing themselves to the brink of financial ruin trying to get themselves up.

Trying to force teams to spend beyond their means as you are suggesting is a precipitate of the unsustainable financial culture the PL has created.

I'm not suggesting that anybody spends money they don't have though. As Wibur said, Burnley never expected at the start of last season that they'd get promoted, they're not capable of doing a Leicester or Stoke and making the purchases necessary to give themselves a good shot at staying up, at least not without an incredible window of bargain-finding.

I don't see the problem though with changing the reward for relegation to a reward for promotion.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Pardew has perfected the "I dont know how this happened" look

Scum

Oh and just to add to that compare QPR/Burnley

Which club has better future prospects. QPR have spent buckets on massive contracts yet are in a far worse long term position

This big money sticker book player culture isn't the way forward for promoted clubs. Look at clubs which have made the transition....Saints/Swansea etc....

A real masonry to his passing

ha

Leicester have the right idea. QPR want the parachute money.

Aye, he should have a couple by now

Willi! I've been wondering who it was I hadn't seen about in a while! How's uni treating you?

Wilbur

Banned
Linett, can I ask why you think Dyche is shit exactly?

I don't think he's anything that wonderful, but he didn't fluke promotion last season. Irrespective of the fact Ings was firing, that just implies the coaching he got had nothing to do with it.

I don't think he's anything that wonderful, but he didn't fluke promotion last season. Irrespective of the fact Ings was firing, that just implies the coaching he got had nothing to do with it.

He's a gingerphobe.

Willi! I've been wondering who it was I hadn't seen about in a while! How's uni treating you?
Hey man, yeah I've been really busy. Doesn't help I've been without my laptop for about two months now, that was my gaf device.

Uni is going really well, fucking hard, but that was to be expected. Managing to find a good balence between being a good student and having a uni social life!

L1NETT

oh he ain't shit, he's just a bog average championship coach who was fortunate Ings was fit and firing and Vokes was playing out of his skin

what I take issue with was all the fucking maroons who said he was one of England's bright young coaches

He's a potato faced Owen Coyle, nowt more. Nothing wrong with that, but look at who's he bought. He is a championship manager through and through

Salvadora

Hey man, yeah I've been really busy. Doesn't help I've been without my laptop for about two months now, that was my gaf device.

Uni is going really well, fucking hard, but that was to be expected. Managing to find a good balence between being a good student and having a uni social life!
you still getting the birds?

make me proud

newcastle should hire david moyes

i'm being serious

Get rid of Ashley, then replace Pardew with Moyes, and Newcastle will be fine. Ashley getting the club off his hands seems to be taking a while though, not sure what's going on there. As long as he's in charge and looking to offload the club, he won't want the hassle of replacing a manager/paying off Pardew. But he seems to be waiting for an offer which just won't come, nobody wants to spend a bomb to take over a club with a dodgy squad and a manager in an untenable position with a long-term contract

L1NETT

He's a gingerphobe.

aside from my favourite footballer ever in the history of football forever

<3 stu

stu-mac-brad2.jpg

Wilbur

Banned
oh he ain't shit, he's just a bog average championship coach who was fortunate Ings was fit and firing and Vokes was playing out of his skin

what I take issue with was all the fucking maroons who said he was one of England's bright young coaches

He's a potato faced Owen Coyle, nowt more. Nothing wrong with that, but look at who's he bought. He is a championship manager through and through

Fair enough, but that might be a byproduct of what you and hitch are getting at. He can't afford to go all out on top quality, nor are they likely to want to join Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom