• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

AFCPressWatch™
‏@AFCPressWatch
Gibbs' hip strain may heal within a few weeks if it's a mild one, but he may be out for 6 weeks or longer if it's a severe strain. #Arsenal

arsenal are the biggest joke in the league. not even joking around.

well, maybe liverpool are a bigger joke than arsenal, but these are both 4th place teams at best so who really cares.

it's all good, though. makes me feel alive.

football is suffering.
just like life itself.

El Topo

Why are the Ting Tings so good at creating catchy songs, but so bad at writing lyrics that don't suck ass?

well, maybe liverpool are a bigger joke than arsenal, but these are both 4th place teams at best so who really cares.

Arsenal's medical staff maybe. United are a lot funnier, they've already given us some great moments.

Salvadora

football is suffering.
just like life itself.
it makes me feel dead, emotionless, unable to feel joy.

Batongen

Banned
Not sure what happened on the last page, but Bud, show me the ways of getting a real fellatio as I never really liked getting one (so far).

Yesterday, after our los I was pretty damn sad, but then I realized that we're going to win the CL and won't need a CL spot in the league!

But actually we improved, only luck wasn't on our side (that and Weidenfeller getting old + general uncertainty after so many losses).

With Gündogan & Reus coming back & Kagawa integrating more and more we'll be fine (/will get into CL spots) regardless of current results.

/edit
Not sure what happened on the last page, but Bud, show me the ways of getting a real fellatio as I never really liked getting one (so far).
Wait, did you steal Amirox' avatar?

Clegg

Yeah, he is much better when he plays in a 3 man mid or a the left sided mid in a diamond. I do think we will stick to this formation, at least against Man City. We needed the width provided by ADM and Adnan against Chelsea and we will need it against City.

With that match in mind, I am so glad Rooney will be back. Most here have been screaming murder whenever he plays ahead of Mata, well, we have all seen how Mata played in the games since Rooney's absence. While Rooney is not the best No10 in the world, he is a much better player overall than Mata, at the very least he is much better for us than Mata.

Also, Smalling played better than Jones did last week, even though that isn't saying much. Rojo has good distribution but he makes the silliest mistakes. I will like to see Carrick back although it is hard to gauge his fitness. Felliani did good in this game and he will be my pick to partner Carrick/Blind against City. This also gives Herrera time to recover fully.
Agreed re: Rooney. Mata ha been disappointing. Didn't think he was too bad today today though. But for a player of his undoubted quality he doesn't influence the game enough.

Rojo scares the out of me tbh. He can't deal with long balls being played over the top.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
double post fuck it
Yesterday, after our los I was pretty damn sad, but then I realized that we're going to win the CL and won't need a CL spot in the league!

But actually we improved, only luck wasn't on our side (that and Weidenfeller getting old + general uncertainty after so many losses).

With Gündogan & Reus coming back & Kagawa integrating more and more we'll be fine (/will get into CL spots) regardless of current results.

/edit

Wait, did you steal Amirox' avatar?

you seem pretty objective, so...

how's Immobile so far?

scently

Agreed re: Rooney. Mata ha been disappointing. Didn't think he was too bad today today though. But for a player of his undoubted quality he doesn't influence the game enough.

Rojo scares the out of me tbh. He can't deal with long balls being played over the top.

Yeah he wasn't too bad today, but he was not influential in anyway. All he did in the match was to receive the ball in the middle and the pass it out wide to ADM or Adnan. There was no creativity in his game. Put in Rooney (if he was available) or Herrera (if he was fit) and they would have had a better game there.

Regarding Rojo; yeah, he just can't deal with balls over the top, add that to his sometimes bizarre decision making also. I hope he improves though.

double post fuck it

you seem pretty objective, so...

how's Immobile so far?

He's too anxious to score, shoots when he could pass, often can't keep up with the players around him as far as passing / general tech goes. Kind of like Aubameyang, but then Auba still had his speed / shooting tech and goal getter instinct so that it always appeared like he'll break through eventually. Ciro has less of that leading to a lot of people branding him as a transfer failure. Honestly, I think he'll do fine, but I can also see him ending up playing second fiddle to Auba. Dunno if he'd like that.
It really depends on how well he'll adjust in the next few months, next year. It's hard to predict.

DBT85

Saw dis in der funny pics thred an fort of u

cAAFZYr.jpg

Zabojnik

He's too anxious to score, shoots when he could pass, often can't keep up with the players around him as far as passing / general tech goes. Kind of like Aubameyang, but then Auba still had his speed / shooting tech and goal getter instinct so that it always appeared like he'll break through eventually. Ciro has less of that leading to a lot of people branding him as a transfer failure. Honestly, I think he'll do fine, but I can also see him ending up playing second fiddle to Auba. Dunno if he'd like that.
It really depends on how well he'll adjust in the next few months, next year. It's hard to predict.

"Right again."
Marotta_GN.jpg

Clegg

Falcao and Reus bossing it for me. Deadly combo.
You signed Reus too? That's overkill lol.

Signs Nainggolan as a ball winner in midfield. Not brilliant but is relatively cheap an decent enough. Saving my money for Strootman in January. He's been given a massive upgrade in this game. Will be the perfect controlling cm for the side.

Wilbur

Banned
You signed Reus too? That's overkill lol.

Signs Nainggolan as a ball winner in midfield. Not brilliant but is relatively cheap an decent enough. Saving my money for Strootman in January. He's been given a massive upgrade in this game. Will be the perfect controlling cm for the side.

Peter Crouch's wage demands are out of my reach
l1x61OA.png

kharma45

Fellaini bossed Fabregas the best player in the league

The goatest player in the league is now Fellaini

Yeah he did a great job on him today. Saw a tweet earlier saying Cesc only managed to complete 5 passes in the first half. Glad that Fellaini have two good games, never fun to watch someone struggle like he did last year. Still have my doubts around him but time will tell.

Scum

football is suffering.
just like life itself.

it makes me feel dead, emotionless, unable to feel joy.

Fourth place and you feel like this? I'm already in the fucking grave then.
EuvEO5Z.png

Wilbur

Banned
So many tweets back and forth between wilbz and fady, wow

the unstoppable force against the immovable object

Yeah he did a great job on him today. Saw a tweet earlier saying Cesc only managed to complete 5 passes in the first half. Glad that Fellaini have two good games, never fun to watch someone struggle like he did last year. Still have my doubts around him but time will tell.

I'd love to see him come good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom