• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Talking about strikers in the most recent years by the way, Huntelaar became topscorer in the bundesliga. The last three topscorers in the Premier League are all former Eredivisie strikers, RvP twice and Suarez last season. Bony had a great first season with Swansea. Pelle is proving himself at Southampton. So that's five different Eredivisie strikers in recent years who showed they were worthy of their transfer sum. Might be jumping to conclusions with Pelle, but I think he can continue what he's doing so far. Also might wanna mention Tadic as a winger. Making a great start.

And in the past we've had guys like Ibra, Van Nistelrooy, Bergkamp, Van Basten, (fat) Ronaldo, Romario and probably more that I don't know of the top of my mind.

B06ANQIIcAE4y88.jpg

GorillaJu

Tadic is the best Eredivisie buy since Suarez. Great player, will be team of the year material and then fade into obscurity when Liverpool buy him for 45m next Summer.

K1LLER7

Juve's Marotta:"We followed Falcao, we had some contacts, we were very close" during #domenicasportiva

LVG says he won't be out for long. Just a knock.

Zabojnik

Juve's Marotta:"We followed Falcao, we had some contacts, we were very close" during #domenicasportiva

LVG says he won't be out for long. Just a knock.

Juve's Allegri, after Juve - Palermo earlier: "We'll slowly switch to a 4-men defense. It takes time."

Rejoice, my Juve brethren, the time of ascension is near.
Next year, after we bring Mimmo-chan back home.

Benfica lost to Braga 2-1. Things are interesting now.

1 - Benfica - 19 points
2 - Porto - 18 points
3 - Vitoria Guimarães - 17 points
4 - Sporting - 16 points

We already faced the 2 top teams and got a draw from both matches so things aren´t too bad. We go to Guimarães next weekend, it will be a tough match but a win there might get us on the right track.

Muslim guys in here, how comfy exactly is a thawb and do you think i could pull it off. Looking at Yaya Toure photos with one and it looks so comfy.

dc89

Muslim guys in here, how comfy exactly is a thawb and do you think i could pull it off. Looking at Yaya Toure photos with one and it looks so comfy.

I bet it's comfy as. I mean it has to be, right? Considering the climates of the countries it originates from and is worn etc

markao

Tadic is the best Eredivisie buy since Suarez. Great player, will be team of the year material and then fade into obscurity when Liverpool buy him for 45m next Summer.
You should buy them directly from my club, so much cheaper. Although I haven't seen anyone as good as those two in the last few years, maybe (still to young to judge) Živković, but he's already at Ajax.

dusan-tadicfc-groninghnecl.jpg

markao

Groningen are true bosses.
Met yours a decade ago at anniversary party (their parents) at a club I was working at the time. After it finished they stayed at the bar for few more hours, really nice lads, good to see them do well at Southampton.

Portugeezer

Benfica lost to Braga 2-1. Things are interesting now.

1 - Benfica - 19 points
2 - Porto - 18 points
3 - Vitoria Guimarães - 17 points
4 - Sporting - 16 points

We already faced the 2 top teams and got a draw from both matches so things aren´t too bad. We go to Guimarães next weekend, it will be a tough match but a win there might get us on the right track.

Oh shit. Saw Benfica winning early in the match, never came back to check the score later.

This is good.
TGNz0rC.png

I had one when I lived in the middle east. I used to use it as my jimjams. Felt great on the bollocks, edit: if that's what you were wondering

So Rooney will come in for Mata, I think we have to move Di Maria inside and well probably go back to a diamond again.
For next week I think we should keep the same formation. Bring Rooney in for Mata and Falcao for RVP if he is fit enough.

It's away at City. We aren't going to control the game. The diamond will do well against teams that we have more quality than.

Only thing I'm unsure of is whether Herrera or Fellani should play. Herrera gets about much more but obv Fellaini is a unit of sorts.

I think were going to get hammered anyway. Aguero is going to have a field day against our defence.

inky

Why is Pep angry in that gif?

What was happening was there was a player injured and he was appealing to the ref to speed things up and give them more injury time (the 3 added minutes were all gone by then).

Pep was angry because he is an angry cunt.

K1LLER7

wants more added time.

What was happening was there was a player injured and he was appealing to the ref to speed things up and give them more injury time (the 3 added minutes were all gone by then).

Pep was angry because he is an angry cunt.
Oh ok. Just thought its a bit weird getting physical with the official.

Munchen are still unbeaten in the league. The Bundesvincibles.

He's a sexist and doesn't like a woman in charge of something like this.
Wooden pls.

K1LLER7

For next week I think we should keep the same formation. Bring Rooney in for Mata and Falcao for RVP if he is fit enough.

It's away at City. We aren't going to control the game. The diamond will do well against teams that we have more quality than.

Only thing I'm unsure of is whether Herrera or Fellani should play. Herrera gets about much more but obv Fellaini is a unit of sorts.

I think were going to get hammered anyway. Aguero is going to have a field day against our defence.
Same formation. Rooney in for Mata.

Doubt RVP gets dropped. Falcao will be benched and then he'll come on ~60 mins into the game as always.

I would rather we play Fellaini than Herrera at the moment. He's playing well and gives us a threat in the air, both offensively and defensive. We'll need it against City. Get him to sit on Yaya, throw a few elbows his way :p

Thought Blind was poor today. Hopefully Carrick can play well when needed. Maybe Herrera can play that role too.

Smalling did well imo, much better than Jones. Played some decent long balls today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom