• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

ib1T8psPpib2Va.png
Poor Schweinsteiger lool

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
As someone whose experience of the Metroid series was about one hour of Prime, what exactly was wrong with Other M?
the story sucks, bla bla, but it also made it a mostly linear game with really little exploration and mediocre combat, play Super Metroid, the real GOAT, instead

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Juve fans discussing Pirlo's subpar (to say the least, lol) performances since he came back from the injury on Tifosibianconeri. I love the title of the thread. Spot on on so many levels, haha.

"The Walking Pirlo"

Hahahah that's fucking brilliant

But it's a bit unfair tbh, he missed 40 something days of preseason! And for a 35 y/o zombie that's a significant amount of time

Give him time, he's worth it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
if this isn't worth the double post then I don't know what is

Sampdoria President Massimo Ferrero apologised after saying Massimo Moratti should’ve “kicked out that Filipino” Erick Thohir.

The new owner of Samp was speaking to Rai Sport when he discussed Moratti’s decision to resign as Honorary Inter President.

“It’s not right that Moratti was treated this way. I am very sad for him. I had told him: kick out that Filipino...”

Inter President Thohir is a businessman from Indonesia who already owns MLS club DC United.

Bypef9_IcAARG9N.png

Marotta “We were very close to Falcao, as the player wanted to privilege Italy and our jersey.

“However, then Manchester United stepped forward and they have more spending power, so the deal fell apart.”

...okay :lol

Salazar

Serie A needs to be severed and cauterised.

OdeEl8M.gif

Increasingly pleased with the draw. Oscar is a manky little bastard who should have asked to be subbed after that foul.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
some more funny quotes

Inzaghi's diplomatic way of saying Balotelli didn’t like to run “Mario wanted to receive the ball to feet, whereas Fernando attacks the space.”

Montella on G.Rossi's injury “I love that boy so much that when he had this latest injury, it hurt my knee too...” :lol :lol

Higuain, Cristiano Ronaldo, Leo Messi, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Sassuolo forward Domenico Berardi are the only players to score two hat-tricks in 2014 among the top five European Leagues.

*faints*

GorillaJu

some more funny quotes

Inzaghi's diplomatic way of saying Balotelli didn’t like to run “Mario wanted to receive the ball to feet, whereas Fernando attacks the space

Montella on G.Rossi's injury “I love that boy so much that when he had this latest injury, it hurt my knee too...” :lol :lol

*faints*

Tbf they're different things. Torres likes space to run into. Balotelli wants the ball first then to run with the ball at his feet. Sturridge is like Torres in that sense, which is why he and Balo partnered well when they played together.

Remember when we beat Man Utd 4-1 away, then Real Madrid 4-0 at home in quick succession. Felt invincible for that short time. Last season, there was always the feeling at the back of my mind that we were gonna fuck it up in the worst possible way. Rodgers has a fucking job on his hands to steer us back on course. Our summer transfer activity was like willingly veering straight into a fucking glacier, in the hope that we'd plough through it for a shortcut.

Jose's tactics at 1-0 have prevented the title race from being well and truly over, even though draws at the Etihad and Old Trafford are hardly results to be sneered at.

tri_willy

some of lambda's post were amazing. from the time he came out of the closet and attacked kyoufu with that brilliant remark

lambda come back

wilbur returning to life

Chelsea Football Club is pleased to announce that Christian Purslow is joining the club to run our global commercial activities. Mr Purslow's appointment is effective ‎immediately.

Old?

Also, Sunset Overdrive reviews, the least surprising thing I've read all year

dc89

My favourite moment has to be when we won the title for the first time. The thread was insane, it was a hot mess. It had everything. It's the day the thread stood still, everyone was taking about the same two games.

Falcao took a knock during a training session and that's left him a 'strong hematoma to the calf' which means, more or less, that he's got a badly bruised calf. However, there could be worse to come, Gol Caracol say that Manchester United will do a scan after the bruising has gone down to see if there's any muscle pull in the leg.

What's the bet Phil Jones did it?

I'd love to know how many injuries Jones has caused to others and himself in training over the years. I read an interview with Will Keane who said Jones just goes in 100% in training, doesn't pull out of anything. Starting to dislike him more and more.

bjaelke

Purslow is a snake in the grass, keep him away from anything related to anything related to anything related to anything that happens on the pitch

At lunchtime on Saturday, April 3, 2010, Joe Cole scored a famous backheel at Old Trafford that helped Chelsea towards their last Premier League title and earned him a place in the folklore of the club.

Even when the ball was making its way into Edwin van der Saar’s goal through the legs of Patrice Evra, though, it had already become clear that Cole’s future lay away from Stamford Bridge regardless of any heroics against Manchester United.

Contract talks had long since become protracted with Chelsea no longer convinced of his worth to the club following a serious knee injury and, according to reports at the time, the club baulked at Cole’s demand for a pay increase that would have taken his weekly wage from £80,000 to £100,000. However, there was someone in football who was willing to offer the England international that kind of deal though and in the minutes that followed Cole’s famous backheel he sent text messages boasting of how he was going to make Cole a Liverpool player.

That man was Christian Purslow, Liverpool’s then chief executive, who accompanied the messages he sent with a request for the information to go no further or else the deal would be jeopardised. So clandestine was Operation Joe Cole that even Rafael Benitez, the then Liverpool manager, was not aware of it.

Benitez had already made his feelings clear on Cole, in public as well. Prior to Liverpool’s defeat by Arsenal at the Emirates on February 10, 2010, the Spaniard had held talks with Purslow at London’s Melia White House Hotel with the pair discussing potential transfer targets for the following summer.
Having sold Robbie Keane the previous winter and being left with only the increasingly injury-prone Fernando Torres and the unproven David Ngog as frontline attackers, Benitez made it plain that his priority when the transfer window opened was to sign a forward. Purslow told Benitez that he had a better idea – Cole was likely to become available in the summer and better still he would be on a free transfer.

Benitez’s angry reaction was such that Purslow was left in no uncertain terms that his manager would not even consider the proposed move. So volcanic was it that guests staying at the luxury hotel were left stunned by the exchange that took place in a reception area that was also open to the public.

As far as Benitez was concerned, if a free transfer was the best that Liverpool – then struggling under the weight of the debts piled onto the club by Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr – could do then the only position he wanted filling was in attack. His suggestion was to move for REDACTED who was himself set to become available on a free transfer four months later.

Purslow disagreed with his manager, and with the assessment of the likes of Jose Mourinho, Fabio Capello and Carlo Ancelotti, who all doubted Cole's ongoing ability to cut it at a big club, and continued to pursue the former West Ham United player. REDACTED, meanwhile, joined Arsenal where he remains despite a less than productive spell that seems destined to come to an end as soon as Arsene Wenger can find a new home for the REDACTED.

Blablurn

I remember when Klinsmann was our coach and Bayern was the worst team in the league.

That was 2008 or 2009. I can't remember. Former Footy GAF member Frenck posted this GIF:

schweinsteigerlcr5b.gif

I think Bremen beat us 5:2 in Munich? Even Özil scored for them :lol

Salazar

calma Horse

I do understand your frustration, though. An averagely-talented pillock, with no commercial value or aesthetic or social charm, who divides his time between injuring our players and being injured himself.

7sLDcgg.jpg

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I feel bad for Eric Dier, he shouldn't be having to play as a RB all the time. It's all Ryan Bertrand's fault, should have got a straight red for the tackle that fucked Naughton's ankle. Let's just give Chiriches a go there, Dier needs a rest.

Jack cw

I remember when Klinsmann was our coach and Bayern was the worst team in the league.

That was 2008 or 2009. I can't remember. Former Footy GAF member Frenck posted this GIF:

I think Bremen beat us 5:2 in Munich? Even Özil scored for them :lol

Yes, we lost 2:5 that day and were back 0:4 at half time.
A few weeks later, we lost to Leverkusen in the Cup with 2:5.
In spring, we lost 0:4 to Barca and got the worst beating in our history. Not the highest defeat but the one where we simply stood no chance. NO CHANCE.
A few weeks later, Wolfsburg beat us 5:1 and became Bundesliga champions. It was a humiliation.

Klinsmann was utter shit. Shittier than Moyes ever was and man, I suffered more that year than 1999 and 2012 combined. That's why I enjoy and appreciate the form and standing we have right now.

Blablurn

Yes, we lost 2:5 that day and were back 0:4 at half time.
A few weeks later, we lost to Leverkusen in the Cup with 2:5.
In spring, we lost 0:4 to Barca and got the worst beating in our history. Not the highest defeat but the one where we simply stood no chance. NO CHANCE.
A few weeks later, Wolfsburg beat us 5:1 and became Bundesliga champions. It was a humiliation.

Klinsmann was utter shit. Shittier than Moyes ever was and man, I suffered more that year than 1999 and 2012 combined. That's why I enjoy and appreciate the form and standing we have right now.

Yep. Those were the days. We should never forget that we were utter shit some years ago haha. Even if we thought we were good. We weren't. We were so far away from the elite.

But claiming Suarez had already proved himself before he came here is just nonsense. Everything he knows was taught him here, in the netherlands. He showed his talent at Groningen and then grew up with Ajax.

That is a massive exaggeration btw

At 19 and having spent a season in Uruguay's top league, he almost certainly already had the majority of the foundation needed for a top player.

Jack cw

Yep. Those were the days. We should never forget that we were utter shit some years ago haha. Even if we thought we were good. We weren't. We were so far away from the elite.

I remember Hoeneß crying 24/7 about the unjust allocation of TV money and how those European top teams are ahead because of this.

It was bullshit in the past and it is bullshit now, when I hear Dortmund-supporters crying about this. We were shit because of not risking to invest money clever into a coach who has a philosophy and players that were more than just Bundesliga mediocrity. We were fine with winning national competitions and weaken competitors. It was shortsighted and just an excuse because others invested their money in world class palyers and coaches. We always had the money, but not the attraction.

I don't know who it was, but all the pain with Klinsmann led to change in thinking, and we got van Gaal, Robben and made it to the CL final and winning the double. We started to market FC Bayern outside of Germany, played some very nice possession football even, if 20011 was bad, you could see the potential with our youth Alaba, Badstuber, Müller, Kroos, Schweinis new position. The rest is known, but in the end we had some lucky decisions by our board and 3 coaches who had the same idea, and got rid of mediocre players that were replaced by class players. (Mandzukic and Kroos are still missing though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom