• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

That moment in yesterday's game where Blind and De Gea just kept passing it to each other was horrible. Just lump it forward.

I remember Liverpool, in Brendan's 1st year, would always try to play it out from the back and then got caught a few times.

Wilson says The Genius made him take #49 cos strikers should wear 9.

The Philosophy in action.

That moment in yesterday's game where Blind and De Gea just kept passing it to each other was horrible. Just lump it forward.

I remember Liverpool, in Brendan's 1st year, would always try to play it out from the back and then got caught a few times.

That doesn't sound horrible. I can't remember that moment but I'll bet if one of the other players had bothered to move for the ball we could have built out from the back. Over the past 2 or 3 years we have done a lot of "oh yeah look at us tiki taka across the backline" type of passing and then as soon as some pressure comes on, LUMP. Hate that shit. Not seen so much of it this season thankfully.

I always get fed up with FM when I get 3 games in 5 days and already have 3/4 injuries. plus all the games are league games so I can't rest too many players cause I need to win. fuck this game.

K1LLER7

Wilson says The Genius made him take #49 cos strikers should wear 9.

The Philosophy in action.

That doesn't sound horrible. I can't remember that moment but I'll bet if one of the other players had bothered to move for the ball we could have built out from the back. Over the past 2 or 3 years we have done a lot of "oh yeah look at us tiki taka across the backline" type of passing and then as soon as some pressure comes on, LUMP. Hate that shit. Not seen so much of it this season thankfully.
I don't mind playing out from the back. In that moment it was just way too slow. Defenders split, Blind comes forward to pick the ball up. De Gea passes it to him but he's marked by 2 Chelsea players, so he passes it back to DG, who passes it back to Blind again, even though he was marked by 2 players around his own box. Eventually it went to Smalling who lumped it forward. As G.Nev said, it set the tone for the 2nd half.

I always get fed up with FM when I get 3 games in 5 days and already have 3/4 injuries. plus all the games are league games so I can't rest too many players cause I need to win. fuck this game.

My squad is in pieces.

At one point I had Khedira, Matic and Ramires injured (and Ake was on holiday needing a rest) for weeks each leaving only Baker and Cesc in the pivot, now I have JT and Cahill injured, Zouma was injured but back now and I've been playing Ake at CB with Branna

Ridiculous really. Oscar and Drogba were injured too

K1LLER7

Valdes watching the game with our Captain, Leader, Legend.

valdes-rooney-1000-215239.jpg

L1NETT

The FA Cup draw is tonight. Hopefully we are matched away to a higher ranked team so that when we inevitably lose we will still have our dignity.

1st round last few years always been fucking bilge for us

Always get someone in the same division and it is a right dull game

I want a wee small club. So we can fucking pound them.

or lose embarrassingly. Either way it'll be great.

Wilbur

Banned

I won 3-1 then 3-1 then got a man sent off and went 2-0 down foolishly tried to save it and ended up losing 8-0 then I lost 1-0

Idk

I would keep the formation the same as yesterday. City will dominate the match and play in the little triangles. It's effortless for them. I don't think we have the quality to dictate the game or to get in amongst them and press high. Think we should play with 2 midfielders screening. Not sure if Herrera should come in for Fellaini - he'd be a lot better on the counter and can harry their midfield a lot better than Fellaini can. Marwan has done okay past two games though. Blind or Carrick have to play, Carrick won't be ready so Blind. He gets run past easily but he is the only one who has the positional awareness to play there.

Would just bring Rooney in for Mata and Falcao for RVP. I kind of feel bad for RVP, I do think he cares...he's just ded.

Keep Mary and Adnan wide. Going to be countering a lot - their disciplined in their defending and quick on the break. Plus I think City's full backs can be exposed.

Isn't Falcao injured though?

Also, what was our exact formation yesterday? 4-3-3?

Hixx

I nearly went into an informal overdraft this morning

Full on PANIC mode

£20 for entering it
£20 a DAY if the overdraft rises by any amount

But at least they think my credit is good enough to give me one and not say "no lol, we'll take £15 for saying no as well" so I have that going for me I guess

Full on PANIC mode

£20 for entering it

But at least they think my credit is good enough to give me one and not say "no lol, we'll take £15 for saying no as well" so I have that going for me I guess

Post sounds like a reddit meme

But this thing in England where they charge you a fee per day for being overdraft is bollocks

Salvadora

Full on PANIC mode

£20 for entering it

what bank are you with

halifax charges £5 per day and that is highway robbery

Hixx

what bank are you with

halifax charges £5 per day and that is highway robbery

Co-Op.

They've got pretty good customer service (doesn't seem to be outsourced to foreign countries as well, which is a bonus) and their online stuff is topper. But yeah, their overdraft policies are a bit... awful.

And their CEO or something was a druggy, iirc.

Co-Op.

They've got pretty good customer service (doesn't seem to be outsourced to foreign countries as well, which is a bonus) and their online stuff is topper. But yeah, their overdraft policies are a bit... awful.

Always thought how are UKIP polling at 15% but I don't know a single person real or internetal who votes for them.

Now I do. Now I do.

In their last two visits Newcastle have had 26% possession and 4 shots at goal. 6 points out of 6.

What pisses me off most about this game is not that we lost, but that we completely transformed between first and second halves. We've always been soft but that was a new low. Being unsettled by Aguero is one thing but Sammy Ameobi? I feel bad for Dier having to play RB all the time but surely he has to be keeping an eye on the sub who just came on, if they hadn't scored so quickly I have no doubt we would have closed the game out.

One of our biggest problems at home is the crowd, the players are scared of them. It gets so quiet that you can hear the heckles being directed at our own players and then everybody plays with their head down.

Our fans are shit, but that only became an issue when we conceded that goal. And to some extent I can understand it, and think it was something Poch eluded to after the game, when you piss away everything you worked hard for in the first half after just 10 seconds. It was really fucking poor and completely unacceptable.

Hixx

Viva I don't hear well, excuse me for struggling with what is usually a poor quality line and a strong accent.

OH WAIT I DON'T HAVE TO BECAUSE CO-OP ARE PROUDLY BRITISH

#ukip2015

Viva I don't hear well, excuse me for struggling with what is usually a poor quality line and a strong accent.

OH WAIT I DON'T HAVE TO BECAUSE CO-OP ARE PROUDLY BRITISH

#ukip2015

Sometimes even a strong Scottish accent gets me confused :(

That Pele/Maradona thread is fun. Shanks they are talking about Totti in there but dw I got your back.

Scum

In their last two visits Newcastle have had 26% possession and 4 shots at goal. 6 points out of 6.

What pisses me off most about this game is not that we lost, but that we completely transformed between first and second halves. We've always been soft but that was a new low. Being unsettled by Aguero is one thing but Sammy Ameobi? I feel bad for Dier having to play RB all the time but surely he has to be keeping an eye on the sub who just came on, if they hadn't scored so quickly I have no doubt we would have closed the game out.

One of our biggest problems at home is the crowd, the players are scared of them. It gets so quiet that you can hear the heckles being directed at our own players and then everybody plays with their head down.

This is the worse of it all.
Bloody consumers. /Laboured

But it's good that MoPo is well aware. Fucking up after 2nd half kick off.
ngDCi9a.png

I have no idea about banks but I don't have an overdraft and at some point still went -£85 but they didn't charge me once. still really confused what happened to this day!

My squad is in pieces.

At one point I had Khedira, Matic and Ramires injured (and Ake was on holiday needing a rest) for weeks each leaving only Baker and Cesc in the pivot, now I have JT and Cahill injured, Zouma was injured but back now and I've been playing Ake at CB with Branna

Ridiculous really. Oscar and Drogba were injured too

i've had to play Christensen and Ake in two CL group games. I finished 3rd in the group so board is pissed. PSG and Prague just destroyed them. for one the games I had to play Zouma at RB with Christensen and Ake with Dave. Was just stupid!

Salvadora

Co-Op.

Went to lunch the other week and they didn't take (or the bank didn't process) the direct debit until days later which resulted in me going into my overdraft by about a quid, was raging.

Would've cost me, like, £15 because it was over the weekend but for some reason they didn't charge me. I don't know why.

tbf to Hixx, I am in India and I get confused by some accents. Just 2 hours south of my city some folks have a very strong accent when even speaking in local language and I can't understand shit half the times.

Hixx

I am not a racist I was only telling a guy named "OJ" who came into Mumble the other day not to use the word "cracker" because of its negative connotations to white people.

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Arsenal are moving closer to a deal for Barcelona playmaker Pedro, 27, after he handed in a transfer request at the Nou Camp. (Daily Express)
The Gunners also remain keen to bring West Ham defender Winston Reid, 26, to the Emirates in January. (Daily Mirror)
However, Arsenal are set to miss out on Andre-Pierre Gignac with the 28-year-old France striker close to agreeing an extension with Marseille. (Metro)
Bayern Munich are in discussions to sign 32-year-old former Brighton and Manchester United goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak. (Daily Mail)
United States captain Clint Dempsey, 31, is ready to make a Premier League loan return from MLS outfit Seattle Sounders in January, with Aston Villa, QPR and Stoke all interested in the forward. (Daily Mirror)
Tottenham are lining up a move for Bayer Leverkusen's World Cup-winning midfielder Christoph Kramer, 23. (Metro)

OTHER GOSSIP
In an extract from his new book, former Liverpool striker Luis Suarez maintains his use of the word "negro" in his row with ex-Manchester United defender Patrice Evra was misunderstood by people who do not speak Spanish. (Guardian)
QPR defender Rio Ferdinand says he has not yet decided on his future. The 35-year-old told ITV's The Jonathan Ross Show that he would "probably" quit next May. (Sun - subscription required)
Ferdinand also says that if he was boss Harry Redknapp, he would leave himself on the bench after the 35-year-old was left out of the QPR team that lost 3-2 to Liverpool earlier this month. (Sun - subscription required)
Tony Fernandes says he will resign QPR if fans are unhappy with his decisions as chairman. (Daily Express)
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers claims Daniel Sturridge, 25, will never become one of the best strikers in Europe unless he can overcome his constant injury problems. (Daily Express)
American businessman Josh Harris' proposed takeover of Crystal Palace will enter its final stages this week, with a deal close to completion. (Daily Mail)
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet says there is a culture of mistakes at the club which he has been unable to halt in his year at the helm. (Sunderland Echo)
Striker Robin van Persie rescued Manchester United with a last-ditch goal, but then got called "stupid" by Red Devils boss Louis van Gaal for getting booked for his celebration. (Daily Star)
Former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has responded to claims he left an ageing squad at Old Trafford by insisting that it was an "insult" to suggest he left the club in anything other than rude health. (Guardian)
Ferguson also described Manchester United's season under Louis van Gaal as "one step forward, two steps back" as a result of injuries. (Daily Telegraph)
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert is convinced his side, who are the league's lowest scorers this season with just four goals, will start finding the back of the net. (Birmingham Mail)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Newcastle gave an insight into what the club's players use to prepare for matches with a Vine on their Twitter account of a table full of items including cereal bars, chewing gum, toilet roll, vapour rub and a carton of apple juice.
"Great to be back involved," tweeted Michael Carrick, 33, who was back in the Manchester United squad and on the bench for Sunday's game against Chelsea after recovering from an ankle injury. "Boys played well and never give up. Fully deserved something out of it. Good old last minute goal, love them."

AND FINALLY
Aston Villa starlet Jack Grealish says he is proud to be known as a home grown talent, after it transpired his club became the first in the Premier League to own an allotment. (Daily Mail)

Carbonox

However, Arsenal are set to miss out on Andre-Pierre Gignac with the 28-year-old France striker close to agreeing an extension with Marseille. (Metro)

Signing Giroud mk II is exactly the sort of thing Wenger would do.

What did you guys think of Schmeichel's analysis on MOTD for United?

Few things he identified:
Too many left footed players (7)
Doesn't look like a lot of time has been spent practicing set piece defending (even with the constant changes, the organization when defending set pieces should exist)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom