• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVP totally misjudged it.

Should have ran to the corner, but no more than 15 paces and not too fast, at a steady pace. Should have only extended one arm upwards not both, was only a draw.

Way too many on the pile on also. 2 max for me.

I hope LvG looks at this in training.

Salvadora

yet when arsenal celebrated getting fourth the reaction was very different
tumblr_n9qivpe2DC1tq4of6o1_500.gif

How I imagine things went down over summer

-Remy deal moves closer and closer, genuinely no interest in Balotelli
-Remy demands massive wages which makes us hesitant, since we intend to play Sturridge alone up front most of the time, and Remy is injury prone
-Come to a reluctant agreement on wages
-Some issue is found in the medical which suggests that Remy will pick up more injuries than expected, which is not ideal when he's acting as backup for another injury-prone striker
-Transfer aborted
-Move on to Balotelli, who is available, we're in a rush, he doesn't get injured often
-Chelsea sign Remy, having the funds to easily support his wages when he's injured, Costa being more reliable than Sturridge, meaning they're theoretically less reliant on their second choice striker's availability

Obviously that theory falls over a bit when you consider that Balotelli is useless on his own up front, so can't really play half of the role that we bought him for, that of replacing Sturridge when he's injured. Plus I assume he's on higher wages than Remy, in which case he was surely bought to play most games regardless of Sturridge's availability.

Either way, it's become a massive clusterfuck. We've played against so many teams already where we've gone into it thinking 'Balotelli should be able to score today against this team, maybe then he'll kick on a bit' and he doesn't even come close to scoring. How are we supposed to help him relax and get over that hill of the first league goal, when he's missing piss easy chances? Do we just have to try and wait until Sturridge comes back? Do we have to play him and Lambert up front just to make the pair of them look competent at the cost of security on the counter? Do we have to keep plugging away until we force a chance that he literally can't miss, a tap in on a stationary ball from a yard out, just in the vague hope that he'll improve from there?

Christ, it's a mess. And all the while, Borini is a complete non-entity, inapable of having any positive impact on a game when wearing a Liverpool shirt. Bring Yesil in.

How I imagine things went down over summer

-Remy deal moves closer and closer, genuinely no interest in Balotelli
-Remy demands massive wages which makes us hesitant, since we intend to play Sturridge alone up front most of the time, and Remy is injury prone
-Come to a reluctant agreement on wages
-Some issue is found in the medical which suggests that Remy will pick up more injuries than expected, which is not ideal when he's acting as backup for another injury-prone striker
-Transfer aborted
-Move on to Balotelli, who is available, we're in a rush, he doesn't get injured often
-Chelsea sign Remy, having the funds to easily support his wages when he's injured, Costa being more reliable than Sturridge, meaning they're theoretically less reliant on their second choice striker's availability

Obviously that theory falls over a bit when you consider that Balotelli is useless on his own up front, so can't really play half of the role that we bought him for, that of replacing Sturridge when he's injured. Plus I assume he's on higher wages than Remy, in which case he was surely bought to play most games regardless of Sturridge's availability.

Either way, it's become a massive clusterfuck. We've played against so many teams already where we've gone into it thinking 'Balotelli should be able to score today against this team, maybe then he'll kick on a bit' and he doesn't even come close to scoring. How are we supposed to help him relax and get over that hill of the first league goal, when he's missing piss easy chances? Do we just have to try and wait until Sturridge comes back? Do we have to play him and Lambert up front just to make the pair of them look competent at the cost of security on the counter? Do we have to keep plugging away until we force a chance that he literally can't miss, a tap in on a stationary ball from a yard out, just in the vague hope that he'll improve from there?

Christ, it's a mess. And all the while, Borini is a complete non-entity, inapable of having any positive impact on a game when wearing a Liverpool shirt. Bring Yesil in.

Did you see Ruud Gullit's analysis of the way Liverpool create space, or not, for him?

What exactly is that?

You get two adapters you plug into a wall socket. You plug an ethernet cable into one and after pairing the two, your regular ass power cables will act as a bridge. You plug in the other one somewhere where the WiFi signal is weak et voilà, it will act as a WiFi transmitter.

Darko Milanic may have left Leeds after just 32 days in charge but says he will be paid by the Championship club through to 2016 and as such is available to the club should they want him back.

Leeds and needless expenditure, that is a new one :D

Did you see Ruud Gullit's analysis of the way Liverpool create space, or not, for him?

Nah, if this is gonna work we clearly need to spend days on end looking at things on the training ground though. He doesn't know what his teammates are gonna do, and vice versa. We don't have a single attacking player who just keeps things as simple as possible. Balotelli is more likely to thrive playing with a fucking Kuyt or Valencia than he is with a Sterling or Lallana, which is odd.

The Mother We Share by Chvrches is boss, don't normally like that kind of song

@Yurt, I bet you don't read 'em though :p

Has even played in an official match since returning from his loan spell?

Started against West Ham*, was fucking awful. Hid from the ball the entire time he was on the pitch, the one thing he did that was noticable was shooting from the corner of the box when we were 2-on-1, and all he had to do was play a simple pass for us to score a tap-in

He blatantly saw Henderson and thought 'if he can change Rodgers' mind, so can I' blissfully unaware of the fact that Henderson has the mentality to force himself into our plans, while Borini himself is thoroughly mediocre, merely decent for bottom-half standard PL teams who don't expect more than 7 league goals from him.

Him hanging around like the smell of pungent parmesan has genuinely cost us (and him), he's a waste of a squad place to be brutally honest.

£14m ffs. Down the shitter because he has no self-awareness of his own quality, and the way Rodgers regards him. Not that Rodgers escapes blame though, he's the one who bought him here in the first place.

*maybe Villa

Linius

You get two adapters you plug into a wall socket. You plug an ethernet cable into one and after pairing the two, your regular ass power cables will act as a bridge. You plug in the other one somewhere where the WiFi signal is weak et voilà, it will act as a WiFi transmitter.

Sounds good.

I'm thrilled that RVP taking his shirt off is irking a couple of non-United fans.

The only thing worth thinking about with regards to that is why players seemingly just can't adapt to the fact that they get booked for it now, and do it anyway :p

Wonder what we'll do now Valdes has decided to sit on the bench for £120kpw rather than play every game for us at £90kpw

Who is on your ignore list footy gaf?

I don't have anyone from footy gaf in my ignore list, but I have 7/8 from gaming side. I took everyone on my ignore list off a while back because I thought it highlighted posts too much but now I've decided theres just some stupid even I can't be bothered with

I imagine Yurt steering with his knees, talking on one phone hands-free, texting from another, and drinking Jack Daniels straight from the bottle with his other hand :p

Must drive like Mr Magoo

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I imagine Yurt steering with his knees, talking on one phone hands-free, texting from another, and drinking Jack Daniels straight from the bottle with his other hand :p

Must drive like Mr Magoo
I hate people who walk around with two phones

I drive with one hand and I hold my phone with the other one like normal irresponsible people :lol

Love this soooong! BAILAANDOOO

Esch

Banned
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/27/luke-shaw-manchester-united-chelsea-huge-result

Luke Shaw said:
Regarding how Old Trafford reacted when Van Persie’s late goal – his third of the season – went in, Shaw added: “It’s a feeling I’ve never felt before. The whole crowd got up and you saw how much it meant to all of us. We all jumped on each other. It was crazy, the fans, the stadium sort of erupted. It was a great feeling and I was proud to be involved in that.

QkqAYyB.png
it was a draw, m83

dc89

GAF kills me sometimes

That "my mum is stealing from me thread".

prepare a lawyer

get rid of her

is she on drugs?

:lol

I was reading the thread thinking the same thing.

If only the OP wanted a Wii U instead of a Xbox One, then we'd have a legendary thread in the making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom