• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Boilesen should be there, he looked dead after 30 min today and refused to make runs on the left side for the rest of the match.

Boilesen has been really sucky this season. Making a lot of mistakes defensive wise, more decent attacking wise.

EnfwVOf.jpg

This guy though, Germany will remember

K1LLER7

I have seen so many British fighters get hyped and then fall on their arse; I hope he can buck that trend.
I agree. I like that the promoters and trainers are taking their time with his progression. However, I expect the press to get ahead of themselves.

El Topo

I have seen so many British fighters get hyped and then fall on their arse; I hope he can buck that trend.

I hope I'll get to watch Tony Thompson knock out another (British) heavyweight prospect before he retires.

Over-rated like all Marvel films.

Haven't watched Winter Soldier, but those that I've watched were all overrated. Not bad, GotG was really good, but Marvel movies are (from my experience) not as good as reviews would have you believe.

GorillaJu

I haven't seen a comic book movie since TDKR and I hadn't seen one before that since TDK. Comic based movies are about the least interesting thing to me. Just absolutely zero interest.

I don't think the Marvel films (apart from Iron Man 3, that shit is great lol) are that great really, I'm just interested in this whole shared-universe thing, as it's so awesome as a comic fan to be seeing the Avengers and Guardians on the big screen doing things that as a kid I would have dreamed of seeing. And no-one's really done it before in this way.

But I don't think the villains have been that good so far (and all superheroes need a classic villain, right?) and that's why I'd like to see Thanos show more threat and power than he has done, at least in the MCU so far. Rather than just sitting on a chair in space, basically talking the talk. In Phase 3, I'd love to see him at the end of every film just come down to Earth and start taking all the Infinity Stones. I think that's what they're building up to anyway, that big reveal in Avengers 3.

This post was longer than expected, sorry :lol

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Captain America 2's action scenes, they reminded me of Metal Gear, especially the Tanker intro. The plot I could care less about.

Scum

I don't think the Marvel films (apart from Iron Man 3, that shit is great lol) are that great really, I'm just interested in this whole shared-universe thing, as it's so awesome as a comic fan to be seeing the Avengers and Guardians on the big screen doing things that as a kid I would have dreamed of seeing. And no-one's really done it before in this way.

But I don't think the villains have been that good so far (and all superheroes need a classic villain, right?) and that's why I'd like to see Thanos show more threat and power than he has done, at least in the MCU so far. Rather than just sitting on a chair in space, basically talking the talk. In Phase 3, I'd love to see him at the end of every film just come down to Earth and start taking all the Infinity Stones. I think that's what they're building up to anyway, that big reveal in Avengers 3.

This post was longer than expected, sorry :lol

Finger crossed that Apocalypse turns out good in the next X-Men film too.

Finger crossed that Apocalypse turns out good in the next X-Men film too.

Yeah, I've never really liked the X-Men for whatever reason tho :lol

I never read the comics when I was younger and only watched the films really. Whereas with Batman and the other Marvel characters, I read the comics before I saw the films, so it was like a dream come true for me to see all these big heroes come together on screen for the first time.

Speaking of X-Men and Marvel, I'd love to see Spiderman join the Avengers, I've always loved the character and I think he'd fit in well with the current guys. Plus how fucking cool would it be, seriously lol. With X-Men, I enjoyed Days of Future Past, but X-Men 2 is still the best X-Men film.

I just think there's far more interesting characters to explore in the films than fucking Wolverine but they keep focusing the stories on him lol. Cool character and all, but yeah.

Scum

Yeah, I've never really liked the X-Men for whatever reason tho :lol

Speaking of X-Men and Marvel, I'd love to see Spiderman join the Avengers, I've always loved the character and I think he'd fit in well with the current guys. Plus how fucking cool would it be, seriously lol.

Need Sony and Marvel to get their act together. Should happen though as that would be great. Also sucks to see Wolverine so much and Cyclops getting screwed over.
But I want the Phoenix Saga to happen. Properly this time.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Price was giving it the big talk after the fight. Would like to see AJ go against him.

Marvel films are meh. I need watch the latest spiderman.
The latest spiderman was a great teenager romantic film, a horrible super hero film. But at least Garfield is a better Parker and Spidey than McGuire could ever hope to.

Honey Bunny

Iron Man 3 was the worst one :( I loved the first, the second was good too (despite Mickey Rourke) but I was really disappointed with the 3rd.

That one and the Thor movies really put me off the new wave of Marvel properties. They may star different heroes but they've all degenerated into the same handful of themes and narrative arcs endlessly repeated. And the Avengers movies just seem like an excuse for yet another palette swap. I'm currently taking a break from all of them, but I don't think there's anything inherently bad about the genre. Just how they're handled right now.

jts

...hate me...
So Portugal loses to France, but Finland ties to Greece. What a time to become a Finn.

Thread title going through a bit of a crisis innit.

pulsemyne

Yeah, that thread is so weird. It's a truly amazing console with an amazing price tag and extremely interesting exclusive games, from Nintendo staples such as Smash Bros (coming in December) or Mario Kart (already out), over revived amazing 3rd party franchises (Bayonetta 2) to the successor of one of the greatest JRPGs of all time (Xenoblade Chronicles X), why did that guy make a thread? Just to praise how incredibly amazing some of the games for this well-priced console are? Just to tell everyone how nice it is to play just on the Wii U Gamepad, e.g. while lying in bed? I just don't get these people, there's no need to make a thread to tell everyone that they should get a Wii U to play upcoming gems like Yoshi's Wolly World or Captain Toad (with a budget price) or the potentially incredible Bayonetta 2.

Haven't played on my Wii U in a while, haven't kept up with its games.
Why haven't you downloaded the bayonetta 2 demo? It's fucking superb.
Anyway there was a good John Hartson docu on earlier on BBC1 wales. Seemed to love playing for Celtic.

Portugeezer

So Portugal loses to France, but Finland ties to Greece. What a time to become a Finn.

Thread title going through a bit of a crisis innit.

So apparently Portugal haven't beat France in about 40 years... what the fucking curse is this.

Portugal played well though, new manager, new set of players, I am happy for the first game together.

jts

...hate me...
Maguire is dabes Spidey. Real talk. People hate him because he's like real nerdy for realsis. But that's what makes him perfect.

Don't give me that Garfield bullshit pls.

Also, getting Marc Webb to make a superhero flick plssssssss.

500 days of Spider.
So apparently Portugal haven't beat France in about 40 years... what the fucking curse is this.

Portugal played well though, new manager, new set of players, I am happy for the first game together.
Yeah, I've never seen them doing it. Remember at least 4 or 5 games.

I couldn't watch the match but I'm glad if you say they played well. Santos is a fine choice and I already like the basic common sense he's bringing back to the team/federation.

And Poland shamed Germany.
YES MOYES

The world champions curse lives!
just made it up

Garfields spiderman is shit, although it might just be because of how fucking awful the movies are, not his performance. But in the end, the result is the same, SHIT.

Portugeezer

Is Eder still playing as striker for Portugal? I hope not because he's at Sanogo levels of shiteness.

Ronnie played as striker, though I wasn't really paying attention throughout the whole game, him and Nani popped up in the middle mostly.

Eder came on as a sub towards the end, Sanogo is quality tho m8.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i still wonder who saw (500) Days of Summer, a film about failed relationships, broken ideas of love, etc, and went "Let's give this bitch a Spiderman film"

Elchele

I liked Blade Runner. Was really good, I guess I could have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't for the "hype" of years and years of nerds on the internet and tv.

faridmon

i still wonder who saw (500) Days of Summer, a film about failed relationships, broken ideas of love, etc, and went "Let's give this bitch a Spiderman film"

My favourite movie of all time. Not kidding. Love that movie to pieces. I must have watched it dozen times and I usually never watch a movie more than once.

Having said, the second Spiderman movie by him was rubbish. Hope he never does those again.

K1LLER7

Ronnie played as striker, though I wasn't really paying attention throughout the whole game, him and Nani popped up in the middle mostly.

Eder came on as a sub towards the end, Sanogo is quality tho m8.
Hmm, guess the new manager realised Eder is not the answer to Portugal's on-going (seems like forever) striking problems.

That's good....but now he needs to give Bebe a call up.

Pls, you mentioning Sanogo and quality in the same sentence is just wrong m8.

Pfft. All these White Boys in spandex. I want another Blade film. :<
What's Wesley up to these days?

I'd love another Blade film.

Hmm, guess the new manager realised Eder is not the answer to Portugal's on-going (seems like forever) striking problems.

That's good....but now he needs to give Bebe a call up.

Pls, you mentioning Sanogo and quality in the same sentence is just wrong m8.

What's Wesley up to these days?

I'd love another Blade film.
Is Wesley Snipes still in prison?

faridmon

Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a face that just annoys me. It's an unreasonable maybe, but his fucking face is so annoying.

And fuck the smiths

That movie made me like JGL. He has a baby face. A face that I cannot ever hate.

Also, The Smiths had Johnny Marr so fuck you for cursing them out.

Fuck the rest of them though is more sensibly correct attitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom