• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

I liked Blade Runner. Was really good, I guess I could have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't for the "hype" of years and years of nerds on the internet and tv.

Yes Elchele! Yeah, nothing ever lives up to internet hype. Also, the then fresh film's ideas and themes have been cannibalized and incorporated into popular (sci-fi) culture over the past 30 years. Which is the same problem a movie adaptation of, say, Gibson's seminal cyberpunk/VR novel Neuromancer would have today. The Matrix already did it.
I'd still sell Fry's sister into sex slavery if somebody were to make it though. Nolan pls.
Good thing Blade Runner is more about the atmosphere and the sublime way it was shot than it is about the story. That shit is eternal.

Elchele

Yes Elchele! Yeah, nothing ever lives up to internet hype. Also, the then fresh film's ideas and themes have been cannibalized and incorporated into popular (sci-fi) culture over the past 30 years. Which is the same problem a movie adaptation of, say, Gibson's seminal cyberpunk/VR novel Neuromancer would have today. The Matrix already did it.
I'd still sell Fry's sister into sex slavery if somebody were to make it though. Nolan pls.
Good thing Blade Runner is more about the atmosphere and the sublime way it was shot than it is about the story. That shit is eternal.

I need more sci-fi in my life

Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a mess. The Gwen Stacy, Peter Parker stuff was good but everything else just falls flat.

My problem with the film is firstly everyone is connected, in a way. Peter's father worked with Osborne, Electro was an engineer in the Osborne labs, Gwen Stacy was an intern there and apparently, Sinister Six will probably be a creation of the Green Goblin.

You have a huge fucking Spider-Man universe but you choose to link everything together into a glob of plot paste. Way to go.

They also tried too hard with the film, to make it more different than the previous trilogy. It became as much as a mess to me as Spider-Man 3 is, except it's a little bit better with a romantic subplot that doesn't have a emo-looking, dancing Tobey Maguire.

EDIT: Anyway rewatched Terminator 2 and Aliens yesterday. Both still fantastic, only thing that looks dated is mullets, Paul Reiser's hair and some practical effects.

The latest spiderman was a great teenager romantic film, a horrible super hero film. But at least Garfield is a better Parker and Spidey than McGuire could ever hope to.

I preferred McGuire, thought ASM was watchable but ASM2 was just fucking awful. Only good thing about that film was Emma Stone
and then her character died. Sony need to just the rights back to Marvel, can't get any worse

I liked Blade Runner. Was really good, I guess I could have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't for the "hype" of years and years of nerds on the internet and tv.

It's a movie that grows on you for sure. I didn't think much of it the first time I watched it.

Then something just clicked when I watched it again by myself. I think it's mostly because I'm not trying to follow the story and just really soaked in the movie and every little detail in it.

zpqzjg.gif

evfbyu.gif

Amazing tech.

Is Farid's favourite movie 500 days of summer or amazing spiderman

I can't tell

500 days of Summer is a good movie that I hated 90% of.

It had that Manic Pixie Dream Girl going on and then the film pleasantly surprises you with the twist that JGL was just putting the girl on a pedestal. Unreliable narrator and all that.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite
soul crushingly depressing because I'm sure I've though like it too
part was that Reality/Dream part near the end at the party. It hit all the wrong notes.

Bold One

My favorite
soul crushingly depressing because I'm sure I've though like it too
part was that Reality/Dream part near the end at the party. It hit all the wrong notes.

I think that scene resonated with most guys tbh, 500 Days of Summer is a film about the brutal honesty of most relationships

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Xpike

Am I the only one that doesn't understand your post at all( the spoiler tagged part.)

if youre talking about never relating to it, imagine you going to see Barca against a Liga Adelante team and it turns out you lose 10-0.

If you're talking about literally not being able to understand, I'm saying that I've been in a scenario like that, and it was really depressing seeing it on film.

sohois

In America? Median at Harvard last year was 730. So if you can raise it, I'd highly recommend it.

Well, if I were doing an MBA you'd be correct, I'd need to bump it up a few points, but as I don't have £50000 to spare I'm not doing an MBA, just a masters in management.

680 is probably just shy of what I would need to go to the number 1 school in the world for MiM, but suitable for anywhere else. I suppose I would have to retake it if I really ballsed up the Analysis section though.

Anyway, after looking at the university requirements a bit more, I decided German probably wasn't the best option for me and that I'd be better off going for Spanish. I did 2 years of German when I was 11 compared to no Spanish whatsoever, but it was so far back I'm basically starting from the same place.

The next Spanish test is on the 22nd of November, so I guess I've got about 40 days to learn ~500 words and basic grammar and conversation. Nice challenge.

FootballFan

if youre talking about never relating to it, imagine you going to see Barca against a Liga Adelante team and it turns out you lose 10-0.

If you're talking about literally not being able to understand, I'm saying that I've been in a scenario like that, and it was really depressing seeing it on film.

Nah I mean the sentence itself

"soul crushingly depressing because I'm sure I've though like it too"

I dont know why I am finding it confusing lol.

7qeAmEp.jpg

No football at the Amsterdam Arena tomorrow. But a running event :D

You doing it???

I have a Nike 10k in two weeks. had been training for half marathon but then started suffering from piriformis syndrome, which I hadn't had for 3 years. That took two weeks out of my training and I just started training again today so sadly had to settle for 10k because I didn't know when I would be back training. I had been hoping to clock in under 40 minutes this year, but now it will be touch and go.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bladerunner <33

I enjoyed almost every single Marvel movie. Stupid fun, they mia san mia and they don't take themselves as seriously as DC movies. And of all people, I would expect Wooden to get that -_-

500 days was pretty cool. I understand why people hate JGL though :lol he was in EVERYTHING during that period

Just finished 1984 (or Nineteen Eighty-Four for the bellends in here)

:(

One of those where I only read like 5 pages at a time once or twice a week, then can't put it down for the last 50 or so pages. Dat slow burn.

Kristen Stewart describing it as primarily a love story makes it clear that she either hasn't read it, or has fuck all reading comprehension.

One of those where I only read like 5 pages at a time once or twice a week, then can't put it down for the last 50 or so pages. Dat slow burn.

Kristen Stewart describing it as primarily a love story makes it clear that she either hasn't read it, or has fuck all reading comprehension.

I prefer Animal Farm, just a much easier and enjoyable read than 1984.

Finally I am gonna put right one of my biggest gaming mistakes. In 2006 HMV were doing a buy one get one free and I wanted James Bond Everything or Nothing and then had to make my choice for the free game. There was the sexy resident evil 4 steelbook that my friend was telling me to get, but instead I went with some generic WW2 shooter.

Today I will put that right and start RE4
Which I had bought off PSN last october

FootballFan

I prefer Animal Farm, just a much easier and enjoyable read than 1984.

Both great. No need to pick.

Incredible

So what is good about RE4??? The controls are the worst I have ever experienced. It is almost unplayable for me.

It's a very well-paced game, lots of variety and it's just loads of fun. Perhaps if you had bought it back then, you idiot :lol :lol

It's one of my favourite games of all time.

It's a very well-paced game, lots of variety and it's just loads of fun. Perhaps if you had bought it back then, you idiot :lol :lol

It's one of my favourite games of all time.

I hope I will enjoy it and get use to it. I know everyone raves about it, but just moving feels so awkward now. Just completed the first section and will give it another play after I have finished cleaning

I felt the same about MGS2. Needs a rerelease with competent controls.

I love MGS2 controls, maybe that is my problem lol

Batongen

Banned

I burned through that book in like 2 days. Now, if you want to talk about slow burn I would suggest Atlas Shrugged, and not just for the sheer size of it or all the philosophical metaphors but for the 50 page monologue by one of the characters in the end. That shit is slow burn.

Just saw yesterday's result :loooool

Pls retire, Jogi

But I know you won't, so please stop calling up all these shitty 6 month fads from Leverkusen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom