• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappe

I am not part of United Gaf, nor am I saying that Rooney is indeed playing great atm, but comparing between the two players is kind of silly. Even if it had to be done, Rooney is much more useful player to the team than Mata is. Rooney can play so many position, know the team inside out, scores goals and contribute to the the team much more than Mata does.

As far as contribution goes Matas contribution as a no. 10 is on par if not better than Rooney. But the style of play when Mata is playing soo much more fluidic and fast. Rooney seems to have games where he just lumps it to the wings and slows play down a lot when he plays in no.10.

faridmon

Sorry for lumping you in with United GAF. I agree with what you say though. It is why I don't understand why he gets so much hate from United fans.

Its fine!

Yeah, I don't get it either. Yes, he isn't playing well, nor is he motivated, but the squad needs him. He is a good squad/utilitarian player who can play anywhere really and is the crux of the team as he have been there forever now.

I guess, when the team isn't doing that good, all the fingers should point towards the ''leader'' since he should do something about the situation, but Rooney isn't acting like one.

Also, the fact that he earns a lot of money doesn't help either.

scently

WOW a Rooney defence force. I though all of United GAF hated him.

No, not me. As a footballer he gets less credit than he deserve, especially at utd. As far as I am concern, he is a better 10 for us than Mata has displayed. I am not saying that he is the best 10 or is he extremely good at it, but, to me he is more effective than Mata. Mata is good as a 10 but he slows the game down even more than Rooney is accused of (the worst at this is RVP atm), has no physical presence whatsoever, and doesn't track back or help out in defence at all, which is something we need at utd at the moment, given the current state of the squad.

faridmon

As far as contribution goes Matas contribution as a no. 10 is on par if not better than Rooney. But the style of play when Mata is playing soo much more fluidic and fast. Rooney seems to have games where he just lumps it to the wings and slows play down a lot when he plays in no.10.

The problem with Mata is tat he is confidence player. He will only be effective when he plays as no. 10, aka the central guy. At united, he will not get that responsibility hence him being anonymous for the majority of the game.

Isn't he also being played out of position?

No, not me. As a footballer he gets less credit than he deserve, especially at utd. As far as I am concern, he is a better 10 for us than Mata has displayed. I am not saying that he is the best 10 or is he extremely good at it, but, to me he is more effective than Mata. Mata is good as a 10 but he slows the game down even more than Rooney is accused of (the worst at this is RVP atm), has no physical presence whatsoever, and doesn't track back or help out in defence at all, which is something we need at utd at the moment, given the current state of the squad.

I think that is the main reason why the fans arem't fond of him. Man United needs players who track back nowdays due to their situation and Rooney isn't contributing much.

And yet you hate Fabregas and Flamini

Fabregas went on strike to force through a cheap sale. Flamini waited down his contract so he could go off and get paid in Milan.

I don't like either of them, but I acknowledge Fabregas when he has a good game and know we would be a better team with him in the squad, even though I would not root for him with the same passion as his first stint. . Flamini is just worthless and 90% of footyGAF could do what he does. I still want him to perform amazingly when he plays for us.

United GAF just seem to rip on Rooney all the time, well that is the impresssion I get.

I want Mata to stay

izWnaWTJsQ1Qi.gif

I also want him to work harder

ibaTDPPZeaszos.gif

I guess, when the team isn't doing that good, all the fingers should point towards the ''leader'' since he should do something about the situation, but Rooney isn't acting like one.

Also, the fact that he earns a lot of money doesn't help either.

Yeah I think this is the main problems. He acts like a baby and his captaincy abilities at most is: Scream at other players, when it's actually you who fucked up. Then of course it doesn't help when he says he wants to leave the club once a year and gets a new fat contract.

Yeah I think this is the main problems. He acts like a baby and his captaincy abilities at most is: Scream at other players, when it's actually you who fucked up. Then of course it doesn't help when he says he wants to leave the club once a year and gets a new fat contract.

I know he wasn't captain but Schmeichel used to do this all of the time and people didn't give him the same shit for it.

L1NETT

You look at that Chelsea side and how they played against Arsenal and there is no way in hell I can see how Mata fits in that side in a million years

Look at the work ethic and speed of transitions they do, can't blame Mou for shipping him out. Easily the right move looking at them now.

--

anyway fuck that

COME ON CITY

GorillaJu

Man I really wanna talk about soft vinyl toys but there isn't even a thread on Gaf for Kaiju collectors.

Indie sofubi is my new obsession.

This guy should be coming in this week. Been waiting for months for it.

14049878725_18a6262e50_o.jpg

I'm sorry.

I've forgiven Mata. Can United sell him back if they're not starting him, pls?
Will settle for 25m.

What use will Chelsea even have for him at this point? He's not quick enough for the kind of football played, or good enough at defending which everyone else (even Hazard) seems to finally have gotten is a part of winning shit with Mourinho, he's not going to be playing the way he has before at Chelsea. On top of that his role is now filled and done better by Fabregas, who on top of that can also play in a deeper role, and as we know he won't ride the bench, so bad to Spain, or Juventus it is.

I know he wasn't captain but Schmeichel used to do this all of the time and people didn't give him the same shit for it.

I didn't exactly browse internet forums when he was the number 1, goalkeepers are actually insane though.

Hixx

Mata has incredible talent but as John Dorian once said "YOU GOTTA WANT IT, JUANY M".

I don't think he does want it enough.

Of all the players who would play there he's only better than Jazuci tbh, though that's not saying much.

qindarka

Banned
What use will Chelsea even have for him at this point? He's not quick enough for the kind of football played, or good enough at defending which everyone else (even Hazard) seems to finally have gotten is a part of winning shit with Mourinho, he's not going to be playing the way he has before at Chelsea. On top of that his role is now filled and done better by Fabregas, who on top of that can also play in a deeper role, and as we know he won't ride the bench, so bad to Spain, or Juventus it is.

I know, probably won't be starting for us now. Just miss him though, really feels like his time with us was cut short.

Mesut Ozil wants to quit Arsenal as soon as January and the Gunners are ready to do business.
Bayern Munich are lining up a bid of around £30million for Ozil, who joined Arsenal from Real Madrid last summer for a club record £42.5million.
The Football Grapevine understands the German international has grown increasingly unhappy at Arsenal, not least because he is not being played in his preferred forward floating role by Arsene Wenger.

Daily Mail but still funny

Problem with Rooney is he just stops an attacking tempo dead at times. He used to be more effective when he was our tank, trampling the other team to strike at goal.

Unfortunately he stopped doing so and lost his best quality as a player. You see him getting up front and get stopped dead by defenders. It's infuriating.

Mata is a fantastic no. 10 that isn't used so well atm. I can see him doing well if LVG has the balls to use this:

Rafael - Jones - Rojo - Shaw
Blind
Herrera - Carrick
Januzaj - Mata - DiMaria
Falcao

Unfortunately, RVP will still be picked next game even though his fitness has been shit lately. :(

GorillaJu

I don't know what Mata does anymore. I think he's better as a CM and I've seen him play deep for Chelsea pre-Mou but he's just too slow to act and doesn't really bring the ball forward even when there's time and space.

pappe

Thinking of long term and next season when we hopefully have UCL and we stick with the diamond formation we will need mata as he can rotate with Rooney when Rooney gets injured or needs rest but I have a feeling Mata will become a fixture in the starting 11 as the season goes on.

Hixx

Problem with Rooney is he just stops an attacking tempo dead at times. He used to be more effective when he was our tank, trampling the other team to strike at goal.

Unfortunately he stopped doing so and lost his best quality as a player. You see him getting up front and get stopped dead by defenders. It's infuriating.

Mata is a fantastic no. 10 that isn't used so well atm. I can see him doing well if LVG has the balls to use this:

Rafael - Jones - Rojo - Shaw
Blind
Herrera - Carrick
Januzaj - Mata - DiMaria
Falcao

Unfortunately, RVP will still be picked next game even though his fitness has been shit lately. :(

There's a massive, massive flaw in that 11 you picked.

WJD

For WBA I'd like to see Januzaj and Herrera in for Mata and Valencia. The former is in need of minutes and he's not gonna get them against Chelsea or City.

Just stick him in the hole and see how it goes.

qindarka

Banned
He was a pretty cool guy. Miss Luiz more though, now he was great, when it came to anything but defending. What a guy.

There was no way we could have rejected that bid for Luiz but I do hope we don't end up missing him. He filled two positions which we are nor short of depth in.

I suppose it doesn't matter as we're just going to sign Pogba and Varane in January or the summer.
No, I don't actually think this.

This is my advice to everyone in Believe FC aswell

[IMG']http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140909012954/degrassi/images/c/c5/Ashton-kutcher-laughing-top-10-vine-videos.gif[/IMG]

Believe FC is dead. RIP

What event was this from? One of our end of the season POTY ones or something? Cahill looks pissed lololo

Yeah was from some award thing

There was no way we could have rejected that bid for Luiz but I do hope we don't end up missing him. He filled two positions which we are nor short of depth in.

I suppose it doesn't matter as we're just going to sign Pogba and Varane in January or the summer.
No, I don't actually think this.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea are at the very least looking to try and get Pogba, Varane dream is over though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Neil Lennon set to be named Bolton manager

I mean that's a good appointment for them

But that club financially is a mess. Victim of how poisonous and destructive the current footballing system is. Club is on the verge of completely imploding

How many more clubs will go through this before something is changed. Gonna guess loads more. Gotta feel for the fans really

This could back fire for him too, career-wise.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man I really wanna talk about soft vinyl toys but there isn't even a thread on Gaf for Kaiju collectors.

I don't know anything about this, but I'll talk to you about them, if it makes you happy

show us your collection or your fav ones! I can appreciate art in all its forms

are they famous monsters from popular TV shows or just random ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom