• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
why watch bilge like that
ain't seen it
when Peaky Blinders and Detectorists are on TV like RIGHT NOW

is british tv not good enough for you Hitcher.Why have got to look for shitty foreign imports

/farage face

---

I'm the kind of guy who decides whether or not to watch something after seeing a single shot.

Therefore I can see with great confidence, fuck Peaky Blinders.

If Gotham can capture the feeling of the city like BB did and the sequels didn't, I'll watch even if it's shit in every other aspect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
what's the point of Gotham without Batman

help me understand, because I love Donal Logue and I want him to be successful

L1NETT

I'm the kind of guy who decides whether or not to watch something after seeing a single shot.

Therefore I can see with great confidence, fuck Peaky Blinders.

are you blind and dumb m8. what shot did you see?

also, you want Batman related stuff

how about Scarecrow and Bane playing gang leaders?

peaky-blinders1.jpg

oh wait

are you blind and dumb m8. what shot did you see?

People were burning books, somebody
went up to Cillian Murphy and told him he wanted to enter his protection

Looked like a brooding Downton Abbey set in a world where Birmingham is an Irish town
dPrJaGc.png

Tom Hardy's Bane was shite btw, though he did what he could with it.

Linius

On the topic of a more interesting TV show. I've watched the pilot for Showtime's new show The Affair today. Featuring Ruth Wilson speaking with an American accent (sorry Linette), Dominic West and Josua Jackson (plus a bunch more). Shows good promise judging the pilot. At least strong acting and mostly nice directing. The story seems interesting too though I'll have to see a couple of more eps to see if it won't get repetive. The pilot I'd recommend at least.

L1NETT

Is Peaky Blinders goods Linnette? Looks interesting to me with a great cast.

fuck yeah boss

first series meanders in places, and some of the Brum accents are HILARIOUS but it looks fucking gorgeous, has a cracking soundtrack and Murphy is thoroughly engaging. It's not the most complex show ever but makes up for it in sheer production quality. And some of the fight scenes are trouser tightening-ly good.

Second series has kicked off with a fucking bang too. Hardy has been twiffic

Looked like a brooding Downton Abbey set in a world where Birmingham is an Irish town
dPrJaGc.png

:lol :lol

gave me a right good chuckle that. You couldn't be further off mind

On the topic of a more interesting TV show. I've watched the pilot for Showtime's new show The Affair today. Featuring Ruth Wilson speaking with an American accent (sorry Linette), Dominic West and Josua Jackson (plus a bunch more). Shows good promise judging the pilot. At least strong acting and mostly nice directing. The story seems interesting too though I'll have to see a couple of more eps to see if it won't get repetive. The pilot I'd recommend at least.

Yeah I'll give this a gander at some point

Ta for the tip my man

Linius

Aus Holland kommt nichts Gutes :/

Actually a Dutch TV show recently started that caught my attention, Hollands Hoop. I'm yet to watch it but critics have been speaking very positive about it. Which is kind of rare for Dutch drama shows. It's a Breaking Bad kind of show but revolving about a weed drugs empire.

And we have Penoza, a good Dutch mobster drama.

Blablurn

Actually a Dutch TV show recently started that caught my attention, Hollands Hoop. I'm yet to watch it but critics have been speaking very positive about it. Which is kind of rare for Dutch drama shows. It's a Breaking Bad kind of show but revolving about a weed drugs empire.

And we have Penoza, a good Dutch mobster drama.

:lol

if someone can pull off a show with that theme, its definitely holland!

Linius

I think I'll start watching Hollands Hoop later this month, I'll let you guys know how it is. Time to push Dutch television :p

Elchele

I think I'll start watching Hollands Hoop later this month, I'll let you guys know how it is. Time to push Dutch television :p

what does it feel to have an argentine queen tho
you should embrace argentina media production, its pretty great actually

Wilbur

Banned
Breaking Bad, now that was good telly

Innit. Seasons 3-5 were, at least. 1 and 2 were good, but the rest was dynamite.

Deadwood > The Wire > Breaking Bad > Boardwalk

the pantheon (haven't finished anything else ever tee hee)

Will get back on Sopranos when Boardwalk's done

Linius

what does it feel to have an argentine queen tho
you should embrace argentina media production, its pretty great actually

It's hard to imagine our king ever managed to make her his. That is all.

I've seen El Secreto De Sus Ojos mate. Have it on DVD, great piece of work.

Arnie

Prefer Boardwalk to Breaking Bad.

The style just makes my bollocks fizz. They fucking took season one of Peaky Blinders off iPlayer whilst I was powering through it.

You can stick your license fee up your arse.

Batongen

Banned

The style just makes my bollocks fizz. They fucking took season one of Peaky Blinders off iPlayer whilst I was powering through it.

I'll be sure to pass the message along.

Linius

Man, I find myself watching Alfonso Ribeiro on Dancing With the Stars almost every day now. Tom Jones is just to addictive.

Wilbur

Banned

I posted that and then I thought I should go back and edit it.

Just thinking about some of the scenes, goddamn.

S3 spoilers
Gyp getting the erotic asphyxiation when they try and kill him, and he's stomping through the hotel naked with that bird's eye view
and S4
the fight between Eli and Knox, the episode where they have Eddie, the bit where Rothstein's talking to the guy at the poker table and he gets all angry...

Fuck BB. BE GOAT

Did you ever get round to watching Deadwood? I know Hitch did, cannae remember if you did.

edit: also, True detective was mostly great even if the ending was disappointing, and Fargo was fucking brilliant

Linius

I posted that and then I thought I should go back and edit it.

Just thinking about some of the scenes, goddamn.

S3 spoilers
Gyp getting the erotic asphyxiation when they try and kill him, and he's stomping through the hotel naked with that bird's eye view
and S4
the fight between Eli and Knox, the episode where they have Eddie, the bit where Rothstein's talking to the guy at the poker table and he gets all angry...

Fuck BB. BE GOAT

Did you ever get round to watching Deadwood? I know Hitch did, cannae remember if you did.

edit: also, True detective was mostly great even if the ending was disappointing, and Fargo was fucking brilliant

BE spoilers

Eddie's dead was so classy. Beatiful shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXe_qH3mkuY

Oh here it is on Youtube

EDIT

There's also a Godfather like scene with three (iirc) assassinations running at the same time which is brilliantly executed.

Elchele

It's hard to imagine our king ever managed to make her his. That is all.

I've seen El Secreto De Sus Ojos mate. Have it on DVD, great piece of work.

Great film. You should watch 'Relatos Salvajes', looks like the premiere in Netherlands is on the 30 of October.

and XXY is also very interesting

(Ricardo Darín, from El Secreto de sus Ojos, is part of the cast in both films)

Gotham had a great premise but they went ahead and fucked it up by having Batman villains as children. What a load of shit. There was so much potential in telling Jim Gordon's early days and it could have been awesome. Heck, the best Batman story ever (Year One) is arguably more about Gordon than it is about Bruce.

Arnie

I watched the first season. Didn't get around to the second. Will go back and rewatch at some point. Enjoyed it but didn't fully get into it like the other shows.

El Topo

Gotham had a great premise but they went ahead and fucked it up by having Batman villains as children. What a load of shit. There was so much potential in telling Jim Gordon's early days and it could have been awesome. Heck, the best Batman story ever (Year One) is arguably more about Gordon than it is about Bruce.

I know little about the show, but how bad could it be? Do they have Catwoman or Joker run around as kids, spilling stupid lines that vaguely hint at their future?

Zabojnik

Is the first episode of The Flash as cliche-ridden, standard CW and might have enjoyed it when I was 15 as the first 15 minutes of so led me to believe?

WJD

Haven't watched any of Boardwalk but it's always looked interesting to me.

Currently chugging my way through Mad Men S2 after caining through Person of Interest S1&2.

Then I've got like the last 4 episodes of Fargo to watch.

Plus the second season of House of Cards

And all of Twin Peaks

Wilbur

Banned
Haven't watched any of Boardwalk but it's always looked interesting to me.

Currently chugging my way through Mad Men S2 after caining through Person of Interest S1&2.

Then I've got like the last 4 episodes of Fargo to watch.

Plus the second season of House of Cards

And all of Twin Peaks

Couldn't hack house of cards. Brilliant acting and visuals that attempted to distract me from the ludicrously poor writing.

Mad Men and Game of Thrones are probably my next shows. Ten years after everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom