• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the first ep of s2 of House of Cards and I laughed so hard at one bit that I never bothered to watch the rest of the series :lol It was ridiculous.

Yen

Really want to see Bron/Broen/"The Bridge" S2 but it can't be found anywhere online - going to have to buy the DVD, like it's 2003 or something. Right now I'm browsing Netflix for a show to watch, aided by some American Vanilla Coke, Tayto Cheese and Onion (Northern, of course), and the potential for a cheeky Blue Moon later.

Oh snap

Indian Super League kicked off today and I missed it

There was a big opening ceremony apparently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpJyg0T1OP8

Peter Ried's team lost 3-0 to Kolkata team where Luis Garcia plays

12atletico4.jpg

There was a GK chip Welbeck can learn from.
A volley from outside the box better than Rooney has had in some time.
And a tap in that Welbeck would score from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41VOPDOgFQ

What a time to be alive.

inky

I stopped halfway through House of Cards season 1. I really didn't find it compelling. Well, except for the bare ass shots (from whom I suspect was a body double) I guess.

Carbonox

I still need to finish Season 4 of BE. Fucking loved the shit out of seasons 2 and 3 especially but the premise and first couple of episodes of S4 just didn't grip me at all. :\

The Sopranos, I've only finished season 1 and thought it was superb. Definitely want to watch that all the way through.

Sticking with Arrow, The Flash and Agents of SHIELD for now until I find some other stuff. dat shit taste.

Arnie

Really want to see Bron/Broen/"The Bridge" S2 but it can't be found anywhere online - going to have to buy the DVD, like it's 2003 or something. Right now I'm browsing Netflix for a show to watch, aided by some American Vanilla Coke, Tayto Cheese and Onion (Northern, of course), and the potential for a cheeky Blue Moon later.
Same. Loved the first series.

I'm going to watch an episode of The Royle Family before bed. Can't go wrong.

Just seen an advert for that The Flash. Fucking hell :lol.

3Sixty

CALUM CHAMBERS (RIGHT-BACK) 5

He will have an England career, but he will not have it at right-back - as applies to his young contemporary John Stones. Often looked uncomfortable.

--

Yes Phil McNulty.

Woy pls

Pretty sure it's on the Danish netflix, if it's the Danish one you are watching, at least they used to be on there.

Wilbur

Banned
Apparently the American version of the Bridge is class too

Isn't that Diane Kruger in it as well? pls give me her knickers

Lightning

Banned
CALUM CHAMBERS (RIGHT-BACK) 5

He will have an England career, but he will not have it at right-back - as applies to his young contemporary John Stones. Often looked uncomfortable.

--

Yes Phil McNulty.

Woy pls
I don't understand you. Your club jump at the chance to get £16m and then blame the player.

pappe

Oh snap

Indian Super League kicked off today and I missed it

There was a big opening ceremony apparently:

Peter Ried's team lost 3-0 to Kolkata team where Luis Garcia plays

There was a GK chip Welbeck can learn from.
A volley from outside the box better than Rooney has had in some time.
And a tap in that Welbeck would score

What a time to be alive.

Why didnt Ljunberg or Anelka play for mumbai. It was a big turnout for the game didnt expect that. Who is Del Piero playing for?

Why didnt Ljunberg or Anelka play for mumbai. It was a big turnout for the game didnt expect that. Who is Del Piero playing for?

Anelka because of his quenelle gesture suspension apparently.
Ljunberg is injured.

Del Peiro plays for Delhi Dynami FC, he will be in action Tuesday.

The game kicked off in Kolkata which is the heart of Indian football. I mean the stadium there holds 125k people and Messi has even played there.

Edit: The main of the match gets 250 pounds.

Esch

Banned
holy crap, the winner of Indian Super League gets 800k pounds.

That is for 8 weeks of work.

I need to try following it. I can't help but feel like the ISL is bullshit though. Like they're shitting on all the clubs that came before like Mohan Bagan that I knew before

Randdalf

holy crap, the winner of Indian Super League gets 800k pounds.

That is for 8 weeks of work.

I wonder how significantly it will improve the quality of India's national team. They're currently 158th in the world, but I guess for a country more interested in cricket than football it's not surprising.

edit: also, the team called Atlético De Kolkata just makes me :lol, they have the same kit as Atlético madrid and everything

edit2: apparently Atlético Madrid are part owners in the team

I need to try following it. I can't help but feel like the ISL is bullshit though. Like they're shitting on all the clubs that came before like Mohan Bagan that I knew before

The regular season still stays. I think this is good because it will make the domestic players a lot more money...assuming it is succesful. Unlike cricketers, Indian football players make pittance.

I wonder how significantly it will improve the quality of India's national team. They're currently 158th in the world, but I guess for a country more interested in cricket than football it's not surprising.

It won't do much, problem in India is sport bodies have government control and they have no interest in promoting the sport. It is all corruption, just see the IPL.

Wilbur

Banned
I really like gravity. It's just entertaining as fuck, and so well constructed in terms of looks, economy of the story it's telling, pacing... Good film. No fucking powerhouse film, but in terms of blockbuster cinema there was very little better recently.

Hurt locker wasn't very good though. Never understood the hype for that. I'm sure part of the hype was because it cost so little to make and it was Bigelow.

Lightning

Banned
I'm delighted to get the England call up it's a proud moment for me and I can't wait to get started.

That was from Clyne when he got his call up. He may have to wait a while longer before getting started. Lol

jts

...hate me...
It's okay.
Got me hooked for 90 minutes. I mean the story is not exactly, huh, realistic I guess, and while space can be easy mode for talented directors, the movie has indeed some brilliant shots.

George Clooney was great playing George Clooney.

Love me a nice space flick that's all.

inky

Gravity was a great way to spend the Sunday at the theater. I doubt I'd re-watch it on my TV anytime soon tho.

Cuarón is a talented person who I want to make as many movies as he possibly can, so I'm glad it got high praise.

Zabojnik

Got me hooked for 90 minutes. I mean the story is not exactly, huh, realistic I guess, and while space can be easy mode for talented directors, the movie has indeed some brilliant shots.

George Clooney was great playing George Clooney.

Love me a nice space flick that's all.

I liked it, but I guess I made the mistake of going in expecting Cuaron to pull another Children of Men.

The second huge mistake I made was not seeing it at the cinema, so yeah.

Wilbur

Banned
I liked it, but I guess I made the mistake of going in expecting Cuaron to pull another Children of Men.

Cuaron seems like he might be going the way of Malick and becoming more interested in cinema as strictly a visual art form instead of narrative. Early days, but he's said a lot which makes me think that.

Bloody Malick. To The Wonder's like a fucking Razorlight music video.

Carbonox

Isis is a fine name, no one should be reporting the group in the ME as the name they call themselves as it just gives them added credit for their rise and establishment. Report them as something else. Putty Patrol or something, run by Rita Repulsa.

Zabojnik

Cuaron seems like he might be going the way of Malick and becoming more interested in cinema as strictly a visual art form instead of narrative. Early days, but he's said a lot which makes me think that.

Bloody Malick. To The Wonder's like a fucking Razorlight music video.

Pretty much why Malick will never be one of my favourites. Balance, man, balance. Some semblance of it at least, like in The New World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom