• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

I like how Hodgson's incompetence continues to keep its grip on the club even years after the board fired him.

No really, I like it!

faridmon

The best of its kind? It's comments like that the reason the game is so overrated. The game got worse as it went on. The village wasn't bad, in fact I quite enjoyed it, the castle started alright but dragged on WAY to long and the island sucked ass. Not the kind of game I wanted I guess but for me just not that much fun.

Most of the hype was 'WOW they changed the controls this is so cool' but it's just overboard.

Nope. It actually became better as it went along. The shooting was satisfying that harder enemies just became fun to shoot at. The way those zombies behaved made it a perfect shooter/survival game on harder difficulties. The puzzles were simple, but made the game had a great pace, and the atmosphere was just top notch. If you didn't find the church level to be a blast then you have made up the game way ahead of its gameplay. That Ashley part was absolutely a delight as it harked back to older RE and the sniper part was just plain fun. The story was campy fun with a lot of quotable lines, the enemy design are some of the best in the business an the environmental was just gorgeous to look at. Add to that, the amazing level design, the great pace, amazing replay value, Magnificent visuals and sound design and even more magnificent reload animation and you have a game that is closest to a perfect game than any other game.

But the amazing part of being a human being is that you have the ability to cloud your mentality and judgement way ahead so if you are never prepared to like anything, you will never do. And that is what I get when I read your comment regarding the game ''Your comment is why the game is overrated'' oh please can't you come up with a better rebuff than that?

Blablurn

GracefulFeminineBorzoi.gif

YES THIAGO

LTWheels

I think that if Owen cam through United's academy, I don't think he would have been overplayed played, burnt out and injured.

I think Fergie wished that he had managed him as a young player. Part of his reason for signing him when he was broken. He has in the past talked about him a fair bit. Carrigher has been saying in his article that he met up with Fergie a week or so ago, and a lot of their conversation was how Owen was mismanaged as a youngster. Stuff like after returning from youth England duty, Owen went straight back into the Liverpool first team while United youngster where given time to recover.

Overrated is fine as a short hand word to mean 'I don't regard it as highly as most people do'

People who don't like it are the same kind of people who get their knickers in a twist over the term 'gamer'

Those people should be made to power SouthEast England on human-sized hamster wheels.

faridmon

Overrated is fine as a short hand word to mean 'I don't regard it as highly as most people do'

People who don't like it are the same kind of people who get their knickers in a twist over the term 'gamer'

Those people should be made to power SouthEast England on human-sized hamster wheels.

I am a gamer, Musicer, indier and filmer.

Yeah Nothing wrong with that :p

faridmon

Re; Evil Within, I absolutely like the look of it. The it oozes with atmosphere and attention to detail. Too bad it looks clunky and unrefined when it comes to control.

Or that could be Brad being Brad judging from the Quicklook.

Re; Evil Within, I absolutely like the look of it. The it oozes with atmosphere and attention to detail. Too bad it looks clunky and unrefined when it comes to control.

Or that could be Brad being Brad judging from the Quicklook.

Watching him play Alien was the worst. I don't doubt that it has many problems, but it wasn't helped by the way he was playing it.

edit: Eugh, the Japanophile Brotherhood.

According to the Telegraph, Woy has even been twisting the truth:

It is understood that Sterling did not approach Hodgson to complain of being too tired to play but that the England manager decided that was the case after asking the forward a series of questions.
Raheem, are you tired?

Yes Roy, I am.

Scandal.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
you know what's REALLY overrated? England

please quit football

surely you can find another sport

go

shoo

Jack cw

YEEEEEEES
Thiago's back. finally

imagine Alonso, Thiago, Martinez and Bernat in the team at the same time. Pep's going to stay for a long time in Munich

I imagine Xabi, Thiago and Götze in Bayerns midfield. That is the midfield Pep wanted since last year when he joined Bayern. Probably the most lethal midfield for a long time.

Salazar

The comparison of a footballer to an A&E worker or soldier is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

Especially when it's the A&E worker himself making it. This fucking country.

Raheezus should have chosen Jamaica, we don't deserve him.

Military metaphors and analogies do my head in.

"would follow into battle", "kind of bloke you'd want in the trenches" etc

No, you gimps. He'd probably be just as likely to join you in the great statistical mass of trench soldiers: dead without having fired your weapon. And you don't choose who to follow into battle. Arbitrary distributions of wealth, lineage, and prestige have historically tended to determine that.

I like a good old figurative dabble, but there are some realities that ASOS-model-looking numpties and rat-brained football journos shouldn't offend against.

GorillaJu

Well no the narrative being pushed is that Sterling approached Woy and straight out said he was tired instead of it being the other way around.

There's also the history of Hodgson always protecting his ego at the expense of his players and the only time he'll criticize himself is in an attempt to look dignified.

dc89

Totally off topic but this is too much. Greater Manchester Police are tweeting every call they receive today.

GMP Day 2014 @GMPDay14_1 - 18 minutes ago
call 451 theft of garden gnome #salford #gmp24

I. Can't.

spidye

I imagine Xabi, Thiago and Götze in Bayerns midfield. That is the midfield Pep wanted since last year when he joined Bayern. Probably the most lethal midfield for a long time.

yeah I seriously think this midfield could be deadly for any team in the world but we all know he'll just put lahm there somewhere

Jack cw

yeah I seriously think this midfield could be deadly for any team in the world but we all know he'll just put lahm there somewhere

Haha, I would love to see Lahm at Lewandowskis or Müllers position.
Pep will put him back on the wing though.

Dark Rider

edited*

and the Italian media and players are worse actually "winning Euro 2016? Why not?"

why not? Because the squad is utter shite that's why! GO SIT NEXT TO ENGLAND

The media in England does that every major competition
how would we be able to tell them apart if they sit next to each other?

at least Italy played for the euro trophy last time around but England got nothing

Well no the narrative being pushed is that Sterling approached Woy and straight out said he was tired instead of it being the other way around.
Does it really make that big a difference?

Hodgson is an idiot. We know this. He should have said nothing about it at all.

Sterling, either himself or when asked, said he felt tired. It amounts to the same thing - that he's not able to give his best. Good on him for being honest about it and if Hodgson spotted it himself, not that it was hard, good on him too for initiating that.

England football team man - tragic.

Linius

Totally off topic but this is too much. Greater Manchester Police are tweeting every call they receive today.

GMP Day 2014 @GMPDay14_1 - 18 minutes ago
call 451 theft of garden gnome #salford #gmp24

I. Can't.

Keep us updated Dan. This is beautiful :lol

You should call them and say Ajax robbed the City a few years ago.

Jack cw

and where should rafinha play? you know he's pep's favourite. he HAS to play

:|

Don't worry, he will rotate but in the impotant games he wont do the same mistakes twice. What we played in the last couple of weeks was based on the injuries and Lahm or Alaba had to play besides Xabi. Once Thiago and Ribery come back, Rafinha and sadly Bernat will sit on the bench.

dc89

Keep us updated Dan. This is beautiful :lol

You should call them and say Ajax robbed the City a few years ago.

GMP Day 2014 @GMPDay14_2 - 46 minutes ago
Call 419 report of assault with compass at school #gmp24

Complete savages up here m8.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't stop you in 2006.

The 2006 squad:

Gianluigi Buffon
2 DF Cristian Zaccardo
3 DF Fabio Grosso
4 MF Daniele De Rossi
5 DF Fabio Cannavaro (c)
6 DF Andrea Barzagli
7 FW Alessandro Del Piero
8 MF Gennaro Gattuso
9 FW Luca Toni
10 FW Francesco Totti
11 FW Alberto Gilardino
12 GK Angelo Peruzzi
13 DF Alessandro Nesta
14 GK Marco Amelia
15 FW Vincenzo Iaquinta
16 MF Mauro Camoranesi
17 MF Simone Barone
18 FW Filippo Inzaghi
19 DF Gianluca Zambrotta
20 MF Simone Perrotta
21 MF Andrea Pirlo
22 DF Massimo Oddo
23 DF Marco Materazzi

spidye

Don't worry, he will rotate but in the impotant games he wont do the same mistakes twice. What we played in the last couple of weeks was based on the injuries and Lahm or Alaba had to play besides Xabi. Once Thiago and Ribery come back, Rafinha and sadly Bernat will sit on the bench.

let's see

if the squad is healthy I could see us playing like this

---------------------------Neuer---------------------
------Boateng/Benatia----Martinez----Dante/Badstuber†------
Lahm/Rafinha-----------------------------------Alaba/Bernat-------
----------------Alonso/Schweini†----Thiago/Götze--------------
------Robben/Shaqiri-----------------------Ribery†/Müller--------
-----------------------------Lewandowski----------------------

on tpaper this team should be enough for competing for the cl cup each year

let's see

if the squad is healthy I could see us playing like this

---------------------------Neuer---------------------
------Boateng/Benatia----Martinez----Dante/Badstuber†------
Lahm/Rafinha-----------------------------------Alaba/Bernat-------
----------------Alonso/Schweini†----Thiago/Götze--------------
------Robben/Shaqiri-----------------------Ribery†/Müller--------
-----------------------------Lewandowski----------------------

on tpaper this team should be enough for competing for the cl cup each year

u forgot Özil m8

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
But now you have Immobile! I honestly don't think your 2006 squad was all that great, same with the French team back then. Better than your current squad? Probably.

2006 was such a bad WC.
because you're a Bundesface and you don't know half of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom