• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud23

HOLY SHIT YES RONALDO

Lol, we played so shit and won. Thanks Ronaldo.

Thank you, Ronaldo! We seriously needed that win.

tumblr_inline_nccsfhi5Jo1qg3wzd.gif

kharma45

As someone who doesn't really watch Northern Ireland, how have they managed this? It feels like they could always have been doing better than they did. They'd always manage the odd good result, but this consistency is unprecedented.

Just finally clicking again. Michael O'Neill has worked hard with what he has. Everyone presses well as a team, players aren't being isolated.

We underperformed for a long time, although tonight was unexpected tbh. I'd have been very happy with a point.

faridmon

Kaguya is actually in theaters now man, saw it a few weeks back at the film museum in Amsterdam. A building you might like as an architect.

yeah the last funny anime I watched was Ouran Host club, didnt think I would like but I was pleasantly surprised.

Whatever you do, dont watch Grave of the Fireflies, you will be depressed for days

Yeah, I love Ouran. It was hilarious as well. I remember laughing quite hard at some of the antics. Maybe I should rewatch it again!

I have watch I Saw The Devil, Cold Fish and Confession (Japanese film) in 1 week. I can handle anything the world throws at me since.

I was really depressed for a month after those 3 movies, fuck 'em :(

Batongen

Banned
thanks. what exactly do you recommend?
the newest tv series?

:lol I was joking, I know nothing really about anime, but holy shit you are right there were 'new' episodes released 2001/2002.

The original was like shot in the 60/70s and I remember it from the 80s when a German ex-pat made ALL the voices in broken Swedish for the Swedish market.

spidye

I dislike Neon Genesis as well. Psuedu-intellectual bullshit with horrible writing and big self-wankery is not something I enjoy. Thank you!

Hmm, there is a lot to recommend, can you be more specific; Nothing much comes to mind that combines Humour and Action with nice animation except for Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Fucking watch that if you can)

But one with great action sequences with great cool fights and even cooler villains is Darker than Black. Its probably one of my favourite Action Anime and its only 24 eps.

don't forget angst ridden teenage boy with father issues

my favorite anime is dragon ball z. It had great humor combined with the best action sequences. that's the reason why I loved gurren lagann. gurrenn had a great story too.
It's hard to be more specific since I'm so ignorant when it comes to anime. always was a mainstream anime watcher

thanks. will try to watch darker than black

:lol I was joking, I know nothing really about anime, but holy shit you are right there were 'new' episodes released 2001/2002.

The original was like shot in the 60/70s and I remember it from the 80s when a German ex-pat made ALL the voices in broken Swedish for the Swedish market.

:/

FootballFan

my favorite anime is dragon ball z. It had great humor combined with the best action sequences. that's the reason why I loved gurren lagann. gurrenn had a great story too.
It's hard to be more specific since I'm so ignorant when it comes to anime. always was a mainstream anime watcher

Have you tried Dragon Ball, not Z? It has more humour than dbz and great fights too.

Fintan

Just finally clicking again. Michael O'Neill has worked hard with what he has. Everyone presses well as a team, players aren't being isolated.

We underperformed for a long time, although tonight was unexpected tbh. I'd have been very happy with a point.
That's awesome. Would be really cool to see Northern Ireland in a tournament.

faridmon

:/

The problem with Dragonball Z is that it went on forever. The pace was awful and a lot of episodes were wasted on just setting up the fights. But if you loved it then you will love Hunter x Hunter. It has humour, Action and adventure rolled into one fantastic package.

But watch Darker Than Black. I think you will appreciate a higher budget anime fighing sequences.

Bold One

The problem with Dragonball Z is that it went on forever. The pace was awful and a lot of episodes were wasted on just setting up the fights. But if you loved it then you will love Hunter x Hunter. It has humour, Action and adventure rolled into one fantastic package.

But watch Darker Than Black. I think you will appreciate a higher budget anime fighing sequences.

the real problem with DBZ was power creep, it really should have ended with Freiza though

spidye

Have you tried Dragon Ball, not Z? It has more humour than dbz and great fights too.
well of course. I'm a child of the 90's. ;)

yeah it really did go on forever. I even don't have the time to see 290 episodes.
darker than black has 50 episodes. this should be doable. and after that hunterxhunter
thanks.

FootballFan

Killer and I played two games earlier. Saved ourselves from relegation in the first one and won 2-1 (Turkeyburger with both goals!), won 1-0 in the next, late goal by Killer.

Incredible.

We need to organise a footballgaf meetup in NZ. Believe FC vs Banter FC or whatever we are called.

But in real football.

7 a side.

Will be great.

El Topo

Kinda wish they turned Tower of God into an anime. Great webcomic. If you've never read it, you should check it out. You can read it on the official website. Wonderful twist at the end of S1.

faridmon

the real problem with DBZ was power creep, it really should have ended with Freiza though

Yeah, this as well.

But somehow i came to associate the power level increasing further and further with the series so I guess I never became that annoyed by it, but they should have stopped there.
Also, hate the fact that every shonen Anime is using the same template with Power creep and all. That show is both a blessing and a curse.

Pennywise

Yeah, I love Ouran. It was hilarious as well. I remember laughing quite hard at some of the antics. Maybe I should rewatch it again!

I have watch I Saw The Devil, Cold Fish and Confession (Japanese film) in 1 week. I can handle anything the world throws at me since.

I was really depressed for a month after those 3 movies, fuck 'em :(
I Saw the Devil was great.
If you want to see other good korean movies, just tell me.

Me, you, Dan and Penny. The water carriers while Fergie, Killer and Dean get the glory.

edit: Clegg, don't ever forget the Almunia chip
Pls.
I scored alot of goals and got many assists.
Dean is only good for scoring or dozing off while he is offside.
Killer can be pretty egoistic when he is in Steve Bould mode, same goes for Fergie when he want's to shoot from 32452346 m.

Still gotta play Ireland and Scotland away m8

And ?
It's just the usual stuff, they will get back in form soon enough.

Lightning

Banned
If we finish 3rd we get qualifiers? We better catch Czech and Iceland of these 6 points. Anything less than topping the group is an unforgivable failure.

If Hiddink had any dignity left he'd resign before he kills our euros before we even get there.

faridmon

I Saw the Devil was great.
If you want to see other good korean movies, just tell me.

Cool. I really like Korean movies except that I don't know where to look for one.

What do you think of I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK? Its on Amazon prime and wanted something really funny but I heard its a depressing movie.

Serb fans ran into field and attacked Albanian players. Match abandoned after 40 minutes.

Hope UEFA gives Albania the 3-0 win. Which might help us make the Euro for first time ever.

Pennywise

Cool. I really like Korean movies except that I don't know where to look for one.

What do you think of I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK? Its on Amazon prime and wanted something really funny but I heard its a depressing movie.

It's more like a bittersweet lovestory.
It certainly has depressing elements, but it's well integrated.

Not really a masterpiece.
A lovely film though :)

A Bittersweet Life
New World
Thirst
Oldboy (guess you already know it).
Lady Vengeance
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

@Wilbur
We're playing clubs, join us if you want.

Serb fans ran into field and attacked Albanian players. Match abandoned after 40 minutes.

Hope UEFA gives Albania the 3-0 win. Which might help us make the Euro for first time ever.
Stewarts were also beating up Albanian players.

And not only fans but Ivan Bogdanov, the hooligan leader 'somehow' managed to bypass 4000 cops.

Wilbur

Banned

A Bittersweet Life
New World
Thirst
Lady Vengeance

@Wilbur

Gimme a few minutes baby

faridmon

How long will it take till I don't feel like shit about the whole thing?

Thought there was a chance

Friends and family help immensely in those kind of situation. Believe you me, I had that rough patch, and i know how it feels. Hit up as many mates as possible and ask them out for a dinner. Its actually proven scientifically that eating out with mates decreases the level of depression one person can have.

faridmon

A Bittersweet Life
New World
Thirst
Lady Vengeance

@Wilbur

Watched those, didn't like Thirst as much as I though I would be but Park Chan-wook's other films are great.

Still haven't watched Stoker though.

Splatt

Controller for the drone that carried Albania flag around the pitch was found to be in possesion of Albania's prime minister brother who gained permission to watch the match after EU officials insisted.

Phlebas

Banned
It sucks. We all feel your pain. You need to get your mind off things, talk/go out with friends and family. I wish I could give you better advice.

Friends and family help immensely in those kind of situation. Believe you me, I had that rough patch, and i know how it feels. Hit up as many mates as possible and ask them out for a dinner. Its actually proven scientifically that eating out with mates decreases the level of depression one person can have.

Thanks.

I'll try and focus on other things.

faridmon

Both of them will have bans for various reasons.

The drone was initiated by the Albans, no?

Wilbur

Banned
Phlebas:

There's no set time limit on such things. As banal as it sounds, you feel like shit until you... don't.

Be with other people. Don't be afraid to talk about it. Try doing what you enjoy as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom