• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT7| daily blind is a renegade of funk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Controller for the drone that carried Albania flag around the pitch was found to be in possesion of Albania's prime minister brother who gained permission to watch the match after EU officials insisted.
This is news to me but haven't had chance to read up since game go cancelled because I was driving.

Who ever it was that was awesome.

FootballFan

Ak41Pdz.jpg

G6kX4Ba.jpg

#justbalkanstuff

Djokovic pls go back to tennis.

Chelsea have stormed ahead of Arsenal in the race for Sami Khedira after it emerged that Real Madrid are looking to sign goalkeeper Petr Cech despite being linked with Manchester United's David De Gea.

[...]

However, the chances of Carlo Ancelotti landing [De Gea] are unlikely, and the former Blues chief is now planning a loan move for Cech with the view to a permanent deal.

Jose Mourinho is keen to bring Real's wantaway midfielder Khedira to give himself more options in the centre of the pitch, and the La Liga giants are ready to use the German as part of the deal for Cech.

The move is set to quash Arsene Wenger's hopes of signing the Germany international.

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

-

Khedira would be a decent signing for a reasonable fee, really hoping we give Chalobah his chance though :(

Cech to Real wouldn't be a surprise, I don't think a loan deal is particularly satisfactory though. Real got all that money to spunk over James etc we should be doing a permanent deal only.

Lightning

Banned
Chelsea have stormed ahead of Arsenal in the race for Sami Khedira after it emerged that Real Madrid are looking to sign goalkeeper Petr Cech despite being linked with Manchester United's David De Gea.

[...]

However, the chances of Carlo Ancelotti landing [De Gea] are unlikely, and the former Blues chief is now planning a loan move for Cech with the view to a permanent deal.

Jose Mourinho is keen to bring Real's wantaway midfielder Khedira to give himself more options in the centre of the pitch, and the La Liga giants are ready to use the German as part of the deal for Cech.

The move is set to quash Arsene Wenger's hopes of signing the Germany international.

iU9wk9lPdhHay.png

-
Given how Khedira is never fit and our history with players Khedira should not come to Arsenal. He'll hardly ever play since he will forever be injured.

aTTckr

That would be for the best.

Neither side is going to be ready for a competitive match in any sport for a long time against each other.

If they're not able to play against any team in the competition you shouldn't be allowed to partake in that competition. UEFA shouldn't have to make special rules for countries that can't behave in a civilized manner.

Given how Khedira is never fit and our history with players Khedira should not come to Arsenal. He'll hardly ever play since he will forever be injured.

He'd be in a wheelchair by the end of his first month with Arsenal with the way you're going.

Anyway, this has some great quotes:

Chelsea and Beşiktaş have struck a partnership

Chelsea and Beşiktaş have reached a partnership agreement according to Turkish newspaper Milliyet.

The arrangement will involve close co-operation between the first teams and academies, training support and joint scouting projects.The agreement will also see potential loan moves in the near future for Chelsea academy players to gain experience at Beşiktaş.

Beşiktaş will model their academy on Chelsea and the Premier League outfit will offer expertise in developing the youth setup. Black Eagles board member Erdal Torunoğulları recently completed a trip to the Chelsea academy to complete the agreement.
Beşiktaş have focused on signing young players and promoting academy players over recent years.

Black Eagles administrative director Semih Usta recently told UEFA, “We made our short-to-long-term plans and will do our best to transform Beşiktaş into a club that pays particular attention to youth infrastructure, facilities and scouting.” The Eagles have a network of 65 football academies in every region of the country as well as Germany, England, Holland and as far afield as Nigeria. Beşiktaş also recently signed former Chelsea academy player Gökhan Töre, former Arsenal player Oğuzhan Özyakup and former Fulham youth Kerim Frei Koyunlu.

Turkish football

jts

...hate me...
Oh god, my first match in div 5 of FIFA 15 Seasons was this absolute cracker.

k0CEKiQl.png

I'm still so fucking buzzed.

Batongen

Banned
Controller for the drone that carried Albania flag around the pitch was found to be in possesion of Albania's prime minister brother who gained permission to watch the match after EU officials insisted.

Holy shit, it's gone political. This is how (world) wars are started, seriously.

R&R

This is news to me but haven't had chance to read up since game go cancelled because I was driving.

Who ever it was that was awesome.

It was not Albanian flag, it was flag of Greater Albania. Why the fuck is it "amazing" that this kind of super provocative political message is messing up a euro qualifier game?

Just rewatched the Godfather 1 and part 2 with Coppola's commentary, stunningly good films. I don't really count them as 2 films really, they are a family story.

Pacino is incredible in 2, just this level of rage and darkness building up inside him.

Clegg

Kind of sad what's happened to Pacino. He just jacked it in after winning the Oscar for Scent of a Woman. Made him think he could win anything if he chewed enough scenery.

BUT AT LEAST SHE GOT A BIG ASS

Kind of sad what's happened to Pacino. He just jacked it in after winning the Oscar for Scent of a Woman. Made him think he could win anything if he chewed enough scenery.

BUT AT LEAST SHE GOT A BIG ASS

Same with De Niro really. Both have incredible bodies of work, particularly in the GOAT decade for film and in the 80s. But both are getting too old :(

Hopefully that Scorsese film with De Niro, Pacino and Pesci gets made. PLS HAPPEN

The Evil Within sure has a ... Surprising story. Didn't expect that kind of things just in the first chapter lol, at one point it was almost like that movie speed.

R&R

Because, history. Love pissing off Serbs.

Such a bullshit reason if there ever is one, are you actually serious? What happened had no place in a football field. Of course, it is mostly FIFAs fault in allowing this match to happen in the first place, but the incident and reactions from both sides were totally inappropiate and hopefully they will both pay the penalty in points deductions. And if the culprit really was the Albanian prime ministers brother...oh boy, there's going to be repercursions.

Clegg

Same with De Niro really. Both have incredible bodies of work, particularly in the GOAT decade for film and in the 80s. But both are getting too old :(

Hopefully that Scorsese film with De Niro, Pacino and Pesci gets made. PLS HAPPEN
Can understand why they got lazy though. Already regarded as some of the greatest of all time. Don't need to put the effort in anymore.

Scorsese and Pesci still have some quality left in them. Not too sure about Pacino and De Niro.

Splatt

Can understand why they got lazy though. Already regarded as some of the greatest of all time. Don't need to put the effort in anymore.

Scorsese and Pesci still have some quality left in them. Not too sure about Pacino and De Niro.

Has Joe Pesci done anything after Lethal Weapon 4?

The voice acting is surprisingly well done.

Really? I felt like it all came off as incredible weird, like no humans actually talk, although it's probably more the script than the actual voice acting. But silent hill 2 is my favorite game ever, my tolerance for weird ass voice acting is high.

faridmon

Really? I felt like it all came off as incredible weird, like no humans actually talk, although it's probably more the script than the actual voice acting. But silent hill 2 is my favorite game ever, my tolerance for weird ass voice acting is high.

The script is indeed a bit iffy, but Sebastian Castellanos is doing some great performance. Surprised me a lot to be frank. Although I have to say, maybe that is because I was expecting worse.

Zabojnik

Anime talk and no mention of Patlabor 1 and 2. For shame.

iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

Balkan <3

Splatt

he retired like 15 years ago.

That explains his IMDB page :lol:

Yep.

Probably basing my opinion on the fact that he hasn't done much bad simply because he hasn't appeared in anything.

This is perfect logic so pls don't pick holes.

It says on his IMDB page that he is giving voice in some shitty CGI movie.

He's following the Sean Connery path.
iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

Balkan <3

It's the equivalent of this gif

ibopSj4arYoPMw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom