• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

K1LLER7

Surprised at how much of the ball the team had at 11 v 11 vs City. Haven't seen us play a decent possession game for a while now. Actually played some decent stuff around Yaya at times.

Really want us to play Herrera, but can't see LVG dropping Fellaini considering he's been one of our better players and is dat big lad.

Hope Rumbo is fit for the next match and we try the diamond again. If not, give Wilson a start up top with RVP.

Carbonox

Started The Blacklist. That is a damn fine opening episode to a season. The sort of shit gwaning in that is what you'd usually see in a mid-season or end of season finale.

dont you guys get tired of talking about how shit United is

lets talk about something awesome instead

dat Flash, so gud
p0QHO.gif

Flash has been brilliant so far. Pleasantly surprised.

Tubie

Fuck, Valencia are now up 0-2.

as soon as I read "Tomas Roncero" I knew I was in for a hyperbolic delight

Did not disappoint hahahah

"James' golazo yesterday should be donated to science"

jesus

He's fantastic if you wanna get hyped about Madrid.

Su centro del campo es el Louvre. Kroos, Modric, Isco y James garantizan un juego de alta tecnificación, sólo al alcance del Brasil de Pelé, el Ajax de Cruyff, el Madrid de la Quinta del Buitre o el Madrid de Zidane, Figo, Raúl y Ronaldo.

lolol

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Mason's our best wind up merchant as well as our best midfielder.

Salvadora

Who could blame them? They're idiots as it is and even though they're idiots, they know that it's even more idiotic to spend more time running in training than working with the ball especially when the team looks like they can't pass worth a shit or even control a ball.

Not to mention he got to work with a team that was full of confidence after winning the title.

What was his plan? Was there any improvement in the play or any signs of improvement in playing style by the end of the season? What was there for the players to adjust to? With LVG, it's clear he wants a possession based side and the defenders are important to that. That is why you saw defenders having trouble passing it out from the back at the start of the season. A lot of those mistakes led to goals.
Every United fan should blame them for leaking starting line-ups to the media and shouting abuse at the manager from the bench. Nobody deserves treatment like that.

Furthermore, some of your players decided to go on holiday post-Ferguson and never came back. Disastrous performances that shouldn't be shrugged off by blaming the manager and which have continued into this season.

You could see improvement in December when he was named manager of the month (?) and won 4 games on the trot. Hell, you could even see the disintegration of United in Ferguson's last season in which you had to come from behind in what seemed like every game. Relying on RVP to bail you out. So, when he became injured for the first time in 2 seasons, it's not surprise performances feel.

jts

...hate me...
Valencia's career, I'm loving it. One of this season's sensations, no doubt.

Shame they lost against Depor of all teams. They would be leading La Liga!

1404420469_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Nuno Espirito Santo is a PROPER coach. Write down his name.

ElyrionX

I agree that the performances on-field have been encouraging despite the poor results. But the last time I heard this argument was when it came from a Liverpool fan several seasons ago when we beat them at Anfield and look where that got them.

Ultimately, results matter and LvG has not been delivering despite the massive amount of spending. Losing games to City is fine but dropping points against Leicester or WBA most definitely is not regardless of whether we have an injury crisis or not.

Top Bottom