• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Salvadora

Southampton big team? Joke?

Swansea will be tough, West Brom away will be tough and United will be hard as well. But I can't see us losing any of those so yeah good times ahead me thinks.

Also Özil, Giroud and Debuchy all ahead of schedule for their returns and we now have Walcott back. Gonna be good.
Generally we've been at our best when facing lower league opposition, like your West Broms and Uniteds, so our improvement has to come in the big games.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Generally we've been at our best when facing lower league opposition, like your West Broms and Uniteds, so our improvement has to come in the big games.

I don't even remember the last time you beat United.

Barzul

B1dS1WOIAAAa3uq.jpg

Posted yet?

United's defence is the dumbest I think I've ever seen

Does any one of them have a single brain cell?

Maybe Shaw

We're both full to the brim with players in the defensive unit who are liable to make at least 1 shit decision per game which leads to a clear chance. Well, we're a little worse in that aspect since our keeper flaps at at least 1 cross per game, or comes off/stays on his line in the wrong moments, and Gerrard can always be relied on to balls things up

Carbonox

Was I drunk earlier or did I read that Pellegrini wants Gerrard at Man City in the Summer?

I would sack Pellegrini on the spot for that. Now he's truly lost it.

I worry for Rodgers, I really do. If ever a team has needed a good transfer window to sort things out, it's us in January. WIth that record though, I've no faith whatsoever that we'll sign the players required.

And the transfer committee isn't that much of an excuse given that he has final say, and FSG backed down on their insistence that he should work under a DoF, giving him more transfer power than they'd have initially liked.

Should have bought Sanchez instead of Lallana, and given him the Markovic money in wages. Simple.

Am I being a fuckwit in thinking Rossiter should start against Madrid? These fucks need to be shown that their place in the team is not guaranteed, and consistently poor performances will be punished.

Weren't there rumours that Rodgers didn't want Sturridge, the only highlight on that list.

Think he's said himself that Sturridge wasn't his target but he greenlit it since it was him or nobody pretty much. I've never read the quotes myself though, so could have been bollocks

The guy's by far our best player, absolutely desperate for him to come back. All that money spent, still reliant on one player :s

Scum

I worry for Rodgers, I really do. If ever a team has needed a good transfer window to sort things out, it's us in January. WIth that record though, I've no faith whatsoever that we'll sign the players required.

And the transfer committee isn't that much of an excuse given that he has final say, and FSG backed down on their insistence that he should work under a DoF, giving him more transfer power than they'd have initially liked.

Should have bought Sanchez instead of Lallana, and given him the Markovic money in wages. Simple.

Am I being a fuckwit in thinking Rossiter should start against Madrid? These fucks need to be shown that their place in the team is not guaranteed, and consistently poor performances will be punished.

Go get Shaqiri on loan in Jan. FInd a DM to sit in front of the back four. Only play Balo in a two up top. Throw Allen away in a skip. Rest Sterling.

L1NETT

I know it's a day old, and the headline is from the Daily Hate but it nearly made me pass a happiness fart

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino in talks with Red Bull over possible buy-out

pls oh lord almighty

OneTwoTee

Banned

Need another January window like 2013. Can't see the club splashing out on any big signings.

And I agree that poor performers should be dropped, but there's no guarantee that Rossiter or any of our other midfield players will be any better. At least it might give some players a kick up the arse I suppose.

Do Red Bull have a reputation for making loads of promises before their takeovers, then doing the bare minimum to advertise their brand and keep the team in whichever league they're in, with no interest in actually improving them?

Need another January window like 2013. Can't see the club splashing out on any big signings.

And I agree that poor performers should be dropped, but there's no guarantee that Rossiter or any of our other midfield players will be any better. At least it might give some players a kick up the arse I suppose.

To drop the poor performers, they have to be replaced by the likes of Rossiter though. Otherwise, we're just replacing them with other poor performers.

Salvadora

We're both full to the brim with players in the defensive unit who are liable to make at least 1 shit decision per game which leads to a clear chance. Well, we're a little worse in that aspect since our keeper flaps at at least 1 cross per game, or comes off/stays on his line in the wrong moments, and Gerrard can always be relied on to balls things up
At some point, you can't really blame the personal (well you can but), it's clearly something more than that at Liverpool. It's at the point where you could have Bosscielny and Mertesacker as your CB pairing and still look awful at the back.

It reminds me of Arsenal a few years ago.

You need a Steve Bould.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ryan Mason made 5 tackles today, Capoue just 1. He is our biggest problem right now, his laziness in the middle and his complete lack of aggression leave our defense too exposed and it sets the tone for the rest of the team. Surely after that shite he served up Dembele or Stambouli have to take his place.

Clegg

Isn't a little girl suicide bombed in a CoD? They just plumb new depths for controversy.

CoD 4 was clearly the best. Ghillies in the Mist is better than anything they've done in years.

Top Bottom