• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Meier

What a free kick. He was so confident - nailed it.

Did it take a deflection? Watching on my iPad now with no sound. It looked almost too good to be true in real time.

Villa red

Equaliser from a player who could have been sent off

Deflected free kick to take the lead

This is all our luck for the season in one game

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well that was jammy as hell.

Perhaps this result will give us a bit of confidence.

This fucking Copenhagen team.
nt5j5sS.png

Aston Villa throwing away my money in the last minutes.
nt5j5sS.png

I'm going to play final fantasy 13.
nt5j5sS.png

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Embarrassing we won that.

Fucking terrible

Kane is the saviour. This is where we are.

Fixing our problems isn't hard. All our players need to work as hard as Mason and Kane. The goal we conceded today was rancid and pure laziness.

Every United fan should blame them for leaking starting line-ups to the media and shouting abuse at the manager from the bench. Nobody deserves treatment like that.

Furthermore, some of your players decided to go on holiday post-Ferguson and never came back. Disastrous performances that shouldn't be shrugged off by blaming the manager and which have continued into this season.

You could see improvement in December when he was named manager of the month (?) and won 4 games on the trot. Hell, you could even see the disintegration of United in Ferguson's last season in which you had to come from behind in what seemed like every game. Relying on RVP to bail you out. So, when he became injured for the first time in 2 seasons, it's not surprise performances feel.

Improvement? The team was playing like crap. Played Everton and Newcastle, lost. United beat Villa, West Ham, Hull, and Norwich.

I'm so tired of everyone saying RVP was the only reason United won the title. Rafael had his best season for United. De Gea, Vidic, Rio, Carrick, and Chicha all had great seasons. Evra had a shiny turd of a season compared to his usual stinky turd of a season. Almost every United player had their worst season under Moyes. His man management was crap.

Some leaks by 1 player and a couple of insults does not mean the entire team wasn't trying. It's just a bunch of excuses for a man that showed nothing that proved he was qualified for the job. No history of winning trophies. No interviews showing he was big enough for the job. No on field performances showing any hint of improvement. Former Everton players and staff talking about the lack of working with the ball in training. The results were shit by the end of the season. He failed in all aspects of the job with no reason to trust him in the future.

Hixx

Can't see Lambert staying much longer. 6 losses on the bounce, now? Mind if we lose tomorrow it could be a race between the pair of us for Pulis
l1x61OA.png

if anyone thought it was going to be easy with LvG they were clueless monkeys. He is trying to implement a new system and new players, of course it is going to be hard in the first season.
Just saw this now but how is this an excuse? Look at how good Southampton is doing

Can't see Lambert staying much longer. 6 losses on the bounce, now? Mind if we lose tomorrow it could be a race between the pair of us for Pulis
l1x61OA.png

Keane to take over when Lambert is sacked?

Thing is though, Lambert has just signed a contract so if they do get rid it'll be compensation that Lerner won't want to pay. Also Lerner is trying to sell Villa as well isn't he?

Hixx

Thing is though, Lambert has just signed a contract so if they do get rid it'll be compensation that Lerner won't want to pay. Also Lerner is trying to sell Villa as well isn't he?

Good point but their next two games are ones where it's easy to see them going 8 defeats in a row which would surely be some sort of club record. If he keeps his job in November, December will be huge for Villa because they have probably the easiest run of their season in it. Do they want the new manager "bounce" for that?

I was just thinking about the match and noticed that Valencia didn't even go forward in the match. I think he only overlapped once in the entire match.

Salvadora

Great results this weekend. Our only competitors for top 4 drop points.

Not that it matters this early.
I think this is maybe the second or third time these season when events have conspired to give Arsenal an advantage after the weekend.

Swansea need to be put to rest next weekend and then we don't face a big team until Southampton on December 3rd.

Exciting times, Lightning.

Lightning

Banned
I think this is maybe the second or third time these season when events have conspired to give Arsenal an advantage after the weekend.

Swansea need to be put to rest next weekend and then we don't face a big team until Southampton on December 3rd.

Exciting times, Lightning.
Southampton big team? Joke?

Swansea will be tough, West Brom away will be tough and United will be hard as well. But I can't see us losing any of those so yeah good times ahead me thinks.

Also Özil, Giroud and Debuchy all ahead of schedule for their returns and we now have Walcott back. Gonna be good.

Hixx

Swansea will be tough, West Brom away will be tough and United will be hard as well. But I can't see us losing any of those so yeah good times ahead me thinks.

Also Özil, Giroud and Debuchy all ahead of schedule for their returns and we now have Walcott back. Gonna be good.

5 point gap brev

You need to be concerning yourself with West Ham, innit

3Sixty

Swansea will be easy mate.

We beat them init.

Top Bottom