• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Zabojnik

go if you wanna see Quagliarella slay some Turks

Holy shit, lol. It is him!

Yeah, I'm loving Shaw already.

What about his shit haircut though.

Not to the Spanish government

iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

Mangala hasn't been fully fit yet nor completely adapted to the EPL so his start has been rough but he is a great CB who's going to prove himself soon enough.

But I guess City are always prime targets for #bantz and especially vulnerable this season as Chelsea seem to have the title in the bag already.

However City are still more likely to be stronger contenders for the title than Arsenal, Utd and Liverpool next season and the one after that.

I woke up so bitter.

I'll die abusing City. They got lucky, and act like they earned their success becauuse they got relegated once or twice a decade ago. The lot of them can do one.

And Mangala is a specimen, not a defender.

How good they are compared to anyine but Chelsea is barely worth talking about, since they were practically given their seat at the table rather than earning it. Everyone knows they're better than ourselves, Arsenal and Man Utd, but it's not an achievement by any means. It'd be like saying well done to someone who happened to win the lottery. Only they didn't even have to take the risk of buying a fucking ticket.

Hmm, I would love to have a FPS take the mantle that has lay dormant since I stopped playing MW2. BF3 and 4 just didn't quite do it for me. Hopefully there's a MP demo weekend at some point for CoD:AW

We had a midnight launch for it, 4 people turned up. The prfit from that won't cover the extra wages spent on the 3 people who for some reason stayed for an extra 4 hours to make sure it went smoothly.

The slip will be my end on this forum. Poetic, really.

I was close to a permanent ban following it and I'll no doubt request one in the coming months when Liverpool's situation looks comparatively dire.

I'll make sure to leave you all a lovely message before I go, though.

I've been here since 2007. Sometimes you just have to let go.

Relax Arnie.

Liverpool has been through worse, and United, Arsenal are as messed up as Liverpool.

Do what I do when it gets dire. Just fuck off somewhere out of NeoGAF for a bit.

dc89

Funner fact: Mangala cost the same amount of money it would take to absolve Ethiopa of all debt, and allow every citizen of the country above the age of 18 a yearly wage of £12,000 for 29 years

Funnest fact: Mangala is shit

Let's not go down that route, as I'm sure the money you lot have spunked on average players would solve a much bigger problem thatn Ethiopa's debt.

bet he weighed more than all four combined as well

:loool sensational.

Fun conjecture: Mangala wasn't playing because he's shit.

Edit: Hitcher wow

Shaw can play for us for the next 11-12 years as first choice LB. That's a stupid comparison.

And Mangala wasn't playing because he was injured.

absolutely

sensational

I'll continue with my fun facts. I'm gonna try and produce one a day.

El Topo

Funner fact: Mangala cost the same amount of money it would take to absolve Ethiopa of all debt, and allow every citizen of the country above the age of 18 a yearly wage of £12,000 for 29 years

Funnest fact: Mangala is shit

Ethiopia's external debt is $14bn. Mangala is the worst deal of the millennium.

jts

...hate me...
I'll die abusing City. They got lucky, and act like they earned their success becauuse they got relegated once or twice a decade ago. The lot of them can do one.

How good they are compared to anyine but Chelsea is barely worth talking about, since they were practically given their seat at the table rather than earning it. Everyone knows they're better than ourselves, Arsenal and Man Utd, but it's not an achievement by any means. It'd be like saying well done to someone who happened to win the lottery. Only they didn't even have to take the risk of buying a fucking ticket.
As an outsider I really don't care too much how they get there tbh.

They have a great team tho.

But I'm here to defend my man Mangala. Or to defend you guys from criticizing him. Because he had the same exact start at Porto. I had big arguments about his potential against people than ridiculed him, and by the end of his career there all of them came apologizing with tears on their faces. Don't let that happen to you.

He's better than Sakho, Rojo and the likes, and a whole year younger. Will become an EPL legend m8.

dc89

We got lucky. We're next door to United - I don't like to admit it, but that has to be a factor.

But some of the factors which I think would have been considered when the owner looked into buying the club came from the clubs decision making - leaving Maine Road where we had no room to expand even one seat etc.

Clegg

So, LVG then

are you guys even playing better than last season? Is his philosophy...palpable?
Are we playing better than last season? Undoubtedly.

Is it down to his philosophy or the £150m spent on better player? Probably the latter right now tbh.

You can see that he's trying to build a possession based side and it's sort of working. At times we look more comfortable on the ball than I've seen us in years. That includes the last few years of Ferguson's tenure too. But there's still too many players in the squad who lose the ball far too easy. Fellaini, Rooney, Valencia and all our defenders. Hard to get results when you put yourselves under needless pressure.

jts

...hate me...
eating crow really puts life into perspective sometimes
Absolutely m8, I've had so much that I can attest to that.

Also haven't got the chance to say that we are previleged to have you back m8. People were spreading the worst rumors about your disappearance. /snitch

Manager

Zabaleta should've been sent off. But City should've had a pen so it evens itself out? Not really. Shite refereeing as per in the PL.

What logic are you using? Are you saying that if he would've gotten a yellow first half, he would have gotten a second and a red in the 2nd half? There is no way he would fly in a tackle like that, the yellow, if he already was on a yellow. He's gotten one red in the last 4 year's PL, he knows how to deal with that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Are we playing better than last season? Undoubtedly.

Is it down to his philosophy or the £150m spent on better player? Probably the latter right now tbh.

I'd wait on Falcao, he's a notorious slow starter, let alone while carrying a God-mode-ending injury.

that one year in France really killed his God mode momentum too
Absolutely m8, I've had so much that I can attest to that.

Also haven't got the chance to say that we are previleged to have you back m8. People were spreading the worst rumors about your disappearance. /snitch

WHAT :lol what happened in the last few days, I'm still confused as fuck :lol

and thanks <3

Clegg

What logic are you using? Are you saying that if he would've gotten a yellow first half, he would have gotten a second and a red in the 2nd half? There is no way he would fly in a tackle like that, the yellow, if he already was on a yellow.
I'm not falling for that.

Manager

I'm not falling for that.

11 yellow's last year, 0 red. One red in the last four years. That's what he does, he'll keep on until he gets the yellow, specially in matches like these.

edit
Also, "But City should've had a pen"? Rather three clear penalties, as MOTD said.

As an outsider I really don't care too much how they get there tbh.

They have a great team tho.

But I'm here to defend my man Mangala. Or to defend you guys from criticizing him. Because he had the same exact start at Porto. I had big arguments about his potential against people than ridiculed him, and by the end of his career there all of them came apologizing with tears on their faces. Don't let that happen to you.

He's better than Sakho, Rojo and the likes, and a whole year younger. Will become an EPL legend m8.

Our Sporting bros said Rojo is better. I choose to believe them.

tri_willy

united fans, are you really convinced you're playing better this year? maybe time will tell at seasons end, but not now... you guys played shit under moyes and still had more points.

Lippi has retired, the man who got me to support Juve during the mid 90s and delivered that beautiful 4th star.

I really don't know where I would rate him amongst the managers I have seen. On his day he was the best, but when he wasn't he was pretty average.

Clegg

11 yellow's last year, 0 red. One red in the last four years. That's what he does, he'll keep on until he gets the yellow, specially in matches like these.

edit
Also, "But City should've had a pen"? Rather three clear penalties, as MOTD said.
Only clear cut pen for me was the first one. But that's the only one I saw replayed.

As for the Zabaleta thing he still committed two offences worthy of getting sent off for. And it's hard for me to accept an argument of not flying into tackles when already on a yellow because that same thing happened just yesterday. Smalling is a special kind of imbecile tho.

Top Bottom