• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Hixx

Very anxious about the neet's game. Starting to worry Palace will do us over (bad record at Selhurst, plus the Monday night hoodoo) and it will be back to manager on a tightrope who will come in? the players are terrible, sack Margaret Byrne, the director of football is terrible I haven't even seen him since August, Ellis Short wants to take a long, hard look at himself, my mate works at the academy reckons Gus hasn't been in all week and the players are talking about Pulis

Fucking hate football.

inky

I miss net cafes-

I don't. Me and my friends used to go to one to play Starcraft and Warcraft 3, but the owner of the cafe would always have his friends around and would ask to join our games in exchange for free hours. They would fucking stomp us because we were noobs who could barely memorize keyboard shortcuts, let alone use them in the game.

Did I mention he was Korean? Well, correction, he was a Korean raised in Argentina, so not only was he a Starcraft god, he was also extremely annoying when speaking (sorry Argentinians, but you know this is true).

The only thing we were mildly on level with them at was CS, but they didn't like it as much so to play that we had to pay.

Hixx

I dinnit smoke because it's fucking rancid

Honestly

Fucks up your teeth, breath, fingers and you fucking STINK

Why?

Carbonox

Do you guys smoke? I do it sometimes when I'm with people. On partys. But that's it.

I used to be a career smoker for a couple of years several years ago.I could never return to smoking on a regular basis though. Shit is vile. I'll dabble on nights out though but that's it.

Cigars are for special occasions but I'm a bit of a pleb with them and can't quite grasp the art properly. :lol

Meier

Rojo out for three months? Ouch.

I saw one other headline said maybe as much as 6 (!!). I would have thought they'd just kinda yank on his arm and get it sorted and he'd be out for a few weeks -- had no clue the recovery time would be so substantial.

I'm a little nervous about Kolarov.. the Tunnel Cam video has me concerned. He was walking very gingerly then came out with a huge ice pack on his knee while using crutches.

Hey Football-GAF. I've been lurking here for a few months now but never took the time to start posting here, but some of you may have already seen me in gaming threads. Anyway I'm a big Arsenal fan, which couldn't become more obvious from my name, and I hope to enjoy my time here. I'm already looking forward to our game tomorrow!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hey Football-GAF. I've been lurking here for a few months now but never took the time to start posting here, but some of you may have already seen me in gaming threads. Anyway I'm a big Arsenal fan, which couldn't become more obvious from my name, and I hope to enjoy my time here. I'm already looking forward to our game tomorrow!

Welcome dude

Are you Team jtb & Salva or Team Three Stooges?

Or you know, avvaya

It's been a year and a half since I arrived and I am fine with everything, I want to renew, but we both have to agree. I would like to finish my career here.

Looks like Perez wants to offer a 4-5 year extension. YES. Based Carlo, bring balance to the force.

wpid-image4.jpg

I smoke but I kind of wish I didn't. Me and my girlfriend gave up for about 9 months last year and the money we saved was ludicrous but then we kept having the odd fag when we were drinking and then we started drinking so we could have the odd fag. A short while later we were both back smoking regularly again. Not really bothered about my health its the amount of money I could save if I didn't smoke that makes me want to quit.

Welcome brah, enjoy your stay.

Esch

Banned
Welcome.

Wenger out.

I dinnit smoke because it's fucking rancid

Honestly

Fucks up your teeth, breath, fingers and you fucking STINK

Why?

New years eve, I smell and probably have vomit on me anyway. It's an improvement to smell of cigars.

Honestly the even bigger factor is how fucking expensive it is though, at least here, I would have to like not eat to be able to smoke.

Nice avatar m8

Welcome.

6 months?

Wow.

I don't really care cos he's rubbish but that's pretty sad for him. He might not get another clear chance to stake his claim for a place in the team if he's out for that long.

Edit:
Manchester United’s Marcos Rojo is likely to be out of the side for at least six weeks – and possibly as long as six months – after suffering a shoulder injury against Manchester City.

:lol

If I got an injury report like that on FM I'd sack my physio straight away.

I love how we have sub-categories for Arsenal fans
KuGsj.gif

Welcome!

The one trait that is in all of them, is that they are crazy, to a bigger (avaya, Jason Raize '75 - '04, the three stooges, Shanks ...) or lesser (Salvadore, lightning, Bacon, ) extent. The less insane ones includes a guy who gets extremely hurt if anyone says anything bad about Chambers.
2EbcpKX.png

The one trait that is in all of them, is that they are crazy, to a bigger (avaya, Jason Raize '75 - '04, the three stooges, Shanks ...) or lesser (Salvadore, lightning, Bacon, ) extent. The less insane ones includes a guy who gets extremely hurt if anyone says anything bad about Chambers.
2EbcpKX.png

:lol

Thanks guys! This looks like a great
and crazy
community so I hope I will settle down here quickly.

Welcome dude

Are you Team jtb & Salva or Team Three Stooges?

Or you know, avvaya
I'd have to spend some more time here before I can decide that :)

New years eve, I smell and probably have vomit on me anyway. It's an improvement to smell of cigars.

Honestly the even bigger factor is how fucking expensive it is though, at least here, I would have to like not eat to be able to smoke.

Nice avatar m8
Thanks!

Man U - City analysis from Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/2l5j9j/analysis_manchester_city_vs_manchester_united_epl/

Chris Smalling: I won't dwell into his yellow cards, because everyone knows he fucked up and I don't think there's much to discuss about that. In the following sequence there's a lot going on, so please bear with me: here
http://gfycat.com/RewardingColossalItalianbrownbear, please keep an eye on Blind and Yaya. Blind is marking Jovetic, but notices how Yaya is crossing the halfway line without being followed by Rooney. Now, and assuming Yaya simply had a higher priority and/or that Blind was instructed to mark him if he went behind Rooney, Daley Blind releases Jovetic and marks Touré instead. He points to now-free Jovetic and Smalling sprints to mark him. However, by doing this he releases Agüero, leaving him absolutely alone and our defense in an incredibly frail position due to what we talked about in point 1, regarding our high defensive line and how fast players are particularly dangerous. Thankfully for us, it was Demichelis who had the ball and he didn't see or couldn't release that deep pass behind our defense that would've created a great chance for City after only 6 minutes.

Now similarly, please have a look at this sequence http://gfycat.com/TediousImaginativeAfricanharrierhawk
and bear with me: we can see Jovetic basically messing around with Smalling, dragging him away from our line of defense time and time again, like a cat boops some sort of rat toy. While this is happening, and as the Ivorian moves into the space behind Smalling, Blind is forced to stay as a CB instead of following Yaya, because somehow now Smalling is in the same line as Di María, on the halfway line. One could argue that Blind's role involves covering for a CB at times, but it was the manner in which Smalling was dragged out that impressed me. Is Jovetic really that dangerous in the halfway line with his back to goal that he deserves a center back pressing him there? In previous matches, we've seen Shaw and Jones being dragged out to the midfield, which ended up in goal-scoring chances against us because of all the space they left behind; now Smalling did something similar, and while these sequences didn't end up in goal-scoring opportunities,

I don't see it as a coincidence that it was Smalling who got played around so badly. It brought to mind what van Gaal said about players needing to 'control their aggression.' Smalling may have been too fired up, which can cause a loss of concentration and good judgement http://gfycat.com/LazyImportantHydatidtapeworm . He wasn't good at all today, and I hope he comes back stronger. Also, he and we can't forget that McNair could provide stern competition for a first-team spot.

Top Bottom