• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Facism

Gold Member
Finally getting to play TLoU's Left Behind on PS4.

What a time

started it last night. It's absolutely brilliant. I never paid attention to it when it released for PS3 because i don't usually do DLC, so the story content was a bit of surprise for me :)

Salvadora

I'm reliably informed that a croissant with cheese, butter and ham is far better than a baguette with the same.

Mmm, croissant. Love croissant. Warmed up with a slight crack on the crust. I feel warm just thinking about it.
I don't think you're taking into account the time and place.

At a cafe, sure, I'll take a croissant over a baguette, but I would much rather have the later at a beach.

Different strokes innit.

TeddyBoy

Sturridge to be on the bench against Madrid?

The SAS is back!

Well, sort of.

We'll still lose but at least we'll score :p

I've never had tuna melt since the concept sounds absolutely foul to me

Black pepper salami, iceberg lettuce, cucumber and American mustard in a poppy-seed baguette is boss.

Esch

Banned
Let's be honest Wenger probably doesn't even like baguettes. I bet he prefers a nice boule, or some brioche.

Just found out one of my high school friends that I was pretty close with back then killed himself yesterday. Haven't spoken to him in over 4 years since the guy just went AWOL after graduation but apparently yesterday morning he committed suicide by hanging himself. Always knew he had some depression problems even then but still, fuck.

What an absolute shitty two weeks it's been.
Sorry man :(

Sturridge to be on the bench against Madrid?

The SAS is back!

Well, sort of.

We'll still lose but at least we'll score :p

He's only travelling because

a) He goes to our games even when he's injured
b) Rodgers wants our unavailable players to travel, for squad cohesion reasons

Lightning

Banned
The one trait that is in all of them, is that they are crazy, to a bigger (avaya, Jason Raize '75 - '04, the three stooges, Shanks ...) or lesser (Salvadore, lightning, Bacon, ) extent. The less insane ones includes a guy who gets extremely hurt if anyone says anything bad about Chambers.
2EbcpKX.png
You will pay for this Wooden!

Just found out one of my high school friends that I was pretty close with back then killed himself yesterday. Haven't spoken to him in over 4 years since the guy just went AWOL after graduation but apparently yesterday morning he committed suicide by hanging himself. Always knew he had some depression problems even then but still, fuck.

Terrible news, sorry to hear that man

TeddyBoy

He's only travelling because

a) He goes to our games even when he's injured
b) Rodgers wants our unavailable players to travel, for squad cohesion reasons

zknS7MG.png

Sorry to hear that Dissonance :(

EmiPrime

What happens if the clubs/leagues refuse to move their seasons around?

If enough of them show a united front on this it could be the end of FIFA. That or the sponsors force FIFA to hold it elsewhere and during summer.

Maybe that's me being too optimistic though.

What happens if the clubs/leagues refuse to move their seasons around?

It would be very, very interesting. The PL would back the clubs obviously, and FIFA would lean on the FA to sort things out. That'd create a massive rift between the PL and the FA unless they came to some of agreement before it turned into a stalemate

I think I may get CoD

Any of you lot getting it on PS4?

Doesn't seem like there's a SpecOps mode, which sucks. Loved playing that with my brother in MW2

Esch

Banned
If enough of them show a united front on this it could be the end of FIFA. That or the sponsors force FIFA to hold it elsewhere and during summer.

Maybe that's me being too optimistic though.
The end of FIFA? That is pretty optimistic lol. They have a billion dollar reserve fund right?

jts

...hate me...
I think that if you cut a shitload of international breaks during the 2021/2022 season, it can easily be finished by early April, then give it a month's time and you can have the WC starting by early May.

Hard to prepare NTs without international breaks though. Whatever though. Same conditions to everyone, a single team will win and everyone can move on.

I think that if you cut a shitload of international breaks during the 2021/2022 season, it can easily be finished by early April, then give it a month's time and you can have the WC starting by early May.

Hard to prepare NTs without international breaks though. Whatever though. Same conditions to everyone, a single team will win and everyone can move on.

They want it in November-December/Jan-Feb.

Either way Clubs have to deal with a 2 month break.

Manager

B1h9q0YCEAEspJA.jpg:large

http://www.espn.co.uk/blogs/sport/story/364035.html

Manchester United beat Manchester City 0-1 yesterday. That was clear for all to see. The team that collected the three points from the derby were actually the losers. The old order has been re-established and this showed in everything except the numbers.

You can make a complex and accurate technical case about United's weaknesses in defence and their lack of shared experience as a unit, and you'd be right and you'll be proved right. But in the intangibles of yesterday's defeat there is real hope, for they looked like a side of purpose. City left knowing that another victory like that and they're done for. But United can make this defeat the beginning of the long and winding road that leads back to greatness.

cHNjGdP.png

jts

...hate me...
They want it in November-December/Jan-Feb.

Either way Clubs have to deal with a 2 month break.
But in the same page there was an article saying that clubs are trying to push it to May. It would make more sense, although the climate by then should be warmer. But can it be worse than Brazil in June?
Which means nothing if the big European clubs and FAs boycott the WC. They will fight this all the way.
Boycott the WC? FIFA is completely sovereign m8. They can revoke club status, or leagues, ban players or coaches, not recognise results, etc.

You don't mess with FIFA. Unless you can come up with an alternative.

Salvadora

I was talking to a Dutch lady today and she was telling me that Lipton Iced Tea is popular in the Netherlands.

Is this true?

I'm also shocked by the existence of Dutch street racers.

jts

...hate me...
IDK, if he can cut you nice deals and take you for rides on sweet tuned Honda Civics, I say what's the problem innit.

Make the best out of everything.

Top Bottom