• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Esch

Banned
Have a bad feeling about Swansea next week somehow. Got the feeling we're in for another 70 minutes of terrible play then pulling a tie or 1 goal win thanks to Alexis in the last few.

Lightning

Banned
but sahin chose liverpool over arsenal.
CNB1W6d.png
Look how that worked out for sahin! Alexis was obviously taking notes.

Have a bad feeling about Swansea next week somehow. Got the feeling we're in for another 70 minutes of terrible play then pulling a tie or 1 goal win thanks to Alexis in the last few.
Relax. In Alexis we trust!

Manager

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: @FA will take no action against Marouane Fellaini for alleged spit at Sergio Aguero during Manchester derby. #SSNHQ

--------

B1iCSVNIcAEKYDQ.jpg:large

He's currently on a new training routine, saying it's doing him wonders. Much more leg muscle training. Looks like he's gonna break any minute on the pitch though!

Salvadora

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3m3 minutes ago
BREAKING: @FA will take no action against Marouane Fellaini for alleged spit at Sergio Aguero during Manchester derby. #SSNHQ
Of course they wouldn't considering he gets away with assaulting players on a regular basis

EmiPrime

Boycott the WC? FIFA is completely sovereign m8. They can revoke club status, or leagues or not recognise results.

You don't mess with FIFA. Unless you can come up with an alternative.

I think they can and will if it came down to it. They'd have the media and fans on board and support from the individual FAs. Could it be the excuse the big clubs use to form a European super league?

It probably won't come down to that though. Pressure from sponsors and clubs and a few more scandals should do it.

We played much better on Saturday than we have recently, less aimless possession and more direct attacking play.

I'm really glad we're getting Walcott back. It might take some time before he's fit again to play at a competitive level but it's a much needed boost for the team. Here's hoping his pace is just as brilliant as it always was. I am curious to see how well he can connnect with Welback or Sanchez.

All this stuff about the atmosphere at SB is quite interesting, if not a bit of a shame.

When I was going to SB regularly (late 2012) I thought the atmosphere was great, lots of noise, even if it was clapping for RDM or boo-ing Rafa... fans still made sure they were heard.

Last time I went to a game was with Quiche to see us play Newcastle (Hazard hat trick) and I do remember the heavy handed stewarding which seems excessive. Also considering earlier this season we were recorded as the loudest away fans, we can't be doing that badly for noise.

If the fans are allowed to criticise the team and the manager, he should be able to do it back, I do think he's been a bit tactless though and perhaps people have a right to be upset.

The telegraph are saying JT spoke to a fan and said the players/manager will raise the issue of ticket prices and stewarding with the board. I think I remember a Chelsea twitter account (unofficial obviously) saying that if we cut season ticket prices in half it would only cost us £8m, I don't know how true that is but worth considering.
If you look at our income could even a 25% drop at £4m or so be that much? We can buy back Mata from the United wilderness then sell him for a ridiculous fee to pay for it, perhaps.

Jose is a clever man, and I suspect there is obviously an angle here. One of the journalists on the Sunday Supplement was saying he thinks part of his comment was because he thinks the fans and players are getting complacent and that we think we've won the title already, which considering my comments is true, but we still need to actually win matches.

Perhaps he is trying to put pressure on the board to reconsider ticket prices or something. Its quite easy for a multi-millionare like Jose to say the atmosphere is shit though, when he's got enough money to buy season tickets a thousand times over... theres a better way he could have gone about it really.

Hixx

His pace won't be the same after a ligament injury. You never fully recover from it.

I still get jip from when I did my MCL 10 years ago.

confuziz

Banned
Dang, my videocard (HD 6770) doesn't run Evolve.

I need a new one..is the HD 9750 any good? (it's pretty cheap, don't want to spend more than €180.'

Manager

Dang, my videocard (HD 6770) doesn't run Evolve.

I need a new one..is the HD 9750 any good? (it's pretty cheap, don't want to spend more than €180.'

You mean 7950? Didn't know they still sold those in stores.

€180 is a tough spot, so much greatness at ~€250 with the R9 290 and then €300 with the 970. The 280x at ~€220 is a rebranded 7970, pretty good but you might as well take the step up to 290 then.

confuziz

Banned
You mean 7950?

€180 is a tough spot, so much greatness at ~€250 with the R9 290 and then €300 with the 970. The 280x at ~€220 is a rebranded 7970, pretty good but you might as well take the step up to 290 then.

Oops yeah I meant 7950 :lol. Yeah the thing is that I just want to have a card that is 'decent'. I don't need ultra 120 fps settings or something like that. PS4 is still my main gaming 'console'.

According to futuremark this card is currently in the 23rd place, which is pretty good.

Manager

Oops yeah I meant 7950 :lol. Yeah the thing is that I just want to have a card that is 'decent'. I don't need ultra 120 fps settings or something like that. PS4 is still my main gaming 'console'.

The R9 280 is a rebranded 7950 "OC" and is more widely available than the 7950, as the latter is older, so I guess you could try that (most popular should be Asus Radeon R9 280 DirectCU II).

If you want to read some yourself, Tomshardware publish a guide every month:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-8.html

wooden what do you think about ethics in video game journalism

and feminism

As a big fan of Anita Sharkeishan, I have made my own personal game, WQFT2ST, a game where it's a male in a damsel in distress situation. I have done this to confront gamers about their cisgendered middle class-overprivileged masculine view of the world, and to make them think, maybe provoke them a little. Women are also displayed in a mature and realistic way, where they have their own desires and needs, like Claire. You can say I revolutionized gaming, without even releasing anything yet.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As a big fan of Anita Sharkeishan, I have made my own personal game, WQFT2ST, a game where it's a male in a damsel in distress situation. I have done this to confront gamers about their cisgendered middle class-overprivileged masculine view of the world, and to make them think, maybe provoke them a little. Women are also displayed in a mature and realistic way, where they In a way, where they have their own desires and needs, like Claire. You can say I revolutionized gaming, without even releasing anything yet.

Just release it, The Walking Dead DLC way.

And ffs I better brown envelope my way outta jail you cunt -_-

Esch

Banned
I miss American fast food (the good ones). I.e. Popeyes, Chipotle, Moe's, Jack in the Box shakes

:(
Chipotles/moes is just bland market fake mexican tbh. It's fresh but overpriced and the real Mccoy is better.

Gotta take you to a real taqueria, get you some carnitas, tongue tacos, giant margaritas and food poisoning m8

Top Bottom