• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

EmiPrime

All this stuff about the atmosphere at SB is quite interesting, if not a bit of a shame.

When I was going to SB regularly (late 2012) I thought the atmosphere was great, lots of noise, even if it was clapping for RDM or boo-ing Rafa... fans still made sure they were heard.

Last time I went to a game was with Quiche to see us play Newcastle (Hazard hat trick) and I do remember the heavy handed stewarding which seems excessive. Also considering earlier this season we were recorded as the loudest away fans, we can't be doing that badly for noise.

If the fans are allowed to criticise the team and the manager, he should be able to do it back, I do think he's been a bit tactless though and perhaps people have a right to be upset.

The telegraph are saying JT spoke to a fan and said the players/manager will raise the issue of ticket prices and stewarding with the board. I think I remember a Chelsea twitter account (unofficial obviously) saying that if we cut season ticket prices in half it would only cost us £8m, I don't know how true that is but worth considering.
If you look at our income could even a 25% drop at £4m or so be that much? We can buy back Mata from the United wilderness then sell him for a ridiculous fee to pay for it, perhaps.

Jose is a clever man, and I suspect there is obviously an angle here. One of the journalists on the Sunday Supplement was saying he thinks part of his comment was because he thinks the fans and players are getting complacent and that we think we've won the title already, which considering my comments is true, but we still need to actually win matches.

Perhaps he is trying to put pressure on the board to reconsider ticket prices or something. Its quite easy for a multi-millionare like Jose to say the atmosphere is shit though, when he's got enough money to buy season tickets a thousand times over... theres a better way he could have gone about it really.

That and it was QPR. Jose expecting loud crowds with the effective but boring football he has his teams churn out is a bit rich too.

Esch

Banned
I know, but it's great when I want to pick up something real quick on my way home

For better Mexican we had this place called Cantina 1511

http://cantina15eleven.com/
Looks good. Definitely americanized but I'd eat the shit out of that. If you're ever back here I say get yourself molcajetes, it's a stew with all kinds of meat and shrimp and cactus. Shit is delicious.

molcajete.jpg

Yes, Moyes.

Looks good. Definitely americanized but I'd eat the shit out of that. If you're ever back here I say get yourself molcajetes, it's a stew with all kinds of meat and shrimp and cactus. Shit is delicious.

Yes, Moyes.

I love mexican cuisine.

In India here all Mexican food is complete utter garbage shit :(

Esch

Banned
I love mexican cuisine.

In India here all Mexican food is complete utter garbage shit :(
:(

It's weird cause I see them as being pretty similar in some ways, like the way they use tortillas and we use roti, heavy spice and chili emphasis... like tandoor cuisine is pretty similar to the way they grill meats for tacos. Indian Americans tend to love mexican and italian food.

:(

It's weird cause I see them as being pretty similar in some ways, like the way they use tortillas and we use roti, heavy spice and chili emphasis... like tandoor cuisine is pretty similar to the way they grill meats for tacos. Indian Americans tend to love mexican and italian food.

Yea, problem is we try to indianize mexican food and it doesn't work. Doesn't help that the popular perception of Mexican food in India is Taco Bell

Esch

Banned
Yea, problem is we try to indianize mexican food and it doesn't work. Doesn't help that the popular perception of Mexican food in India is Taco Bell
Taco Bell, hahaha. I guess that's something american that'll never translate over. I like to think of it as mexican inspired post-food.

I'd be down for fusions though. I love indochinese food a lot. Some Chilli chicken with paneer pls

Clegg

James Wilson has scored for the U21's again. He's too good for that level of football now even though he's only 18. Look forward to sing more of him in the senior side.

Clydefrog

Yes, Moyes.

"sir, the pot is full! surely it's ready to be served?"

"no. it's missing something..... CACTUS!"

Esch

Banned
"sir, the pot is full! surely it's ready to be served?"

"no. it's missing something..... CACTUS!"
Cactus is actually pretty good. It tastes kind of like a mix of green beans and bell pepper and maybe kiwi? I'd definitely eat it a lot if I lived in the southwest.

Lightning

Banned
I don't know I never watch Chelsea but I need something to make myself feel better about them walking the title this season.

pls don't take it away from me
Watching Alexis kick so much ass makes me feel a little better about Fabregas. Sanchez has 7 goals in 9 PL games and that doesn't include his assists. Alexis really keeping my spirits high at the moment.

Top Bottom