• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Salvadora

How ya doing Sal?
Pretty great thanks.

Just landed another week off work (probably my last) and Arsenal have, despite all the odds, won two games on the trot. We might even beat the might Anderlecht tomorrow.

What prompted you to return? Glad you did.

What a legend.

Xabi really feels like a gift. And because he's old you know you're only getting 1 or 2 seasons of him at most.

Always liked him, but watching him each and every game really hits home why he's one of the 2 or 3 best midfielders of the last 10 years. Makes me wish we'd gotten him earlier.

Holy fuck the first minute and a half

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cew60VLZMQ4

I can't

CAN NOT

"entrepreneur"

QhIJCRL.png

wedward

Pretty great thanks.

Just landed another week off work (probably my last) and Arsenal have, despite all the odds, won two games on the trot. We might even beat the might Anderlecht tomorrow.

What prompted you to return? Glad you did.

Good to hear.

I had been thinking about leaving for a bit and work was starting to pick up so I thought I would leave for good. Also looked like we weren't going to be signing anyone which was frustrating. I was banned just before the Welbz stories were coming out. I was very happy we were getting him. Think he has done well so far.

Work has slowed down a bit and missed talking about Arsenal so I asked Wes if he could unban me.

Rough start but luckily it has been rough for everyone. Hoping we can win the rest of our CL games and Dortmund drop some points somewhere.

Zabojnik

Welcome Arsenal fans, old and new.

B1g7StwCMAExWoz.jpg:large

"To whom it may concern: Nazis not welcome" say @FCBayern fans.

I love our Südkurve

Someone not on his ignore list tell Bla that it doesn't say "Nazis not welcome", but "Nazis out." Close, but not the same thing.

EmiPrime

Watching Alexis kick so much ass makes me feel a little better about Fabregas. Sanchez has 7 goals in 9 PL games and that doesn't include his assists. Alexis really keeping my spirits high at the moment.

He really is a pleasure to watch. He's worth the ticket prices alone.

WB wedward.

Salvadora

Salva I don't think this place you work at is legit.

Is your office at a different location every week?
I've literally been off work for (after this week) a month and a week.

I was sitting there talking about vegetarianism with my manager at, like, 6:30 this morning before being sent home.

It's bloody mental.

Clegg

I've literally been off work for (after this week) a month and a week.

I was sitting there talking about vegetarianism with my manager at, like, 6:30 this morning before being sent home.

It's bloody mental.
Have they given reasons for your lack of work. Don't think I'd be able to stand twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. Sure there are times when I just diss at Uni but at least I know there's atuff for me to do.

Salvadora

Have they given reasons for your lack of work. Don't think I'd be able to stand twiddling my thumbs with nothing to do. Sure there are times when I just diss at Uni but at least I know there's atuff for me to do.
Technical issues with getting the systems up and running, basically.

Problem is, no one knew anything concrete beyond that for a good couple of weeks. Not even a date. And you're right, despite being paid it's incredibly boring sitting around the house doing nothing without any idea of when you would be doing something.

Looks like it could be coming to an end fairly soon, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point...

wedward

Wedward welcome back mate. Good to have you back and dont commit seppuku again!

Thanks man.

Alexis has looked pretty good centrally. Wonder what happens when Ozil comes back. With Theo and Ozil healthy I think we need to play:

------------Welbz
Sanchez Ozil Theo
---Ramsey Arteta

Clegg

Technical issues with getting the systems up and running, basically.

Problem is, no one knew anything concrete beyond that for a good couple of weeks. Not even a date. And you're right, despite being paid it's incredibly boring sitting around the house doing nothing without any idea of when you would be doing something.

Looks like it could be coming to an end fairly soon, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point...
That's a pisser. Hope it gets sorted out for you soon.

Lightning

Banned
Thanks man.

Alexis has looked pretty good centrally. Wonder what happens when Ozil comes back. With Theo and Ozil healthy I think we need to play:

------------Welbz
Sanchez Ozil Theo
---Ramsey Arteta
Who knows. Just happy to get our players back. Giroud, Özil and Debuchy will make a big difference to us both with depth and quality when they return.

What have you made of Chambers so far this season? Couple of shockers but overall I've been really impressed by him.

wedward

Who knows. Just happy to get our players back. Giroud, Özil and Debuchy will make a big difference to us both with depth and quality when they return.

What have you made of Chambers so far this season? Couple of shockers but overall I've been really impressed by him.

Yeah, he looks good for a 19 year old. Definitely think his future is at CB. Wish he wasn't being thrown in the deep end so soon but we are thin. Hopefully we can get a CB this January. Not feeling confident though. Going to be lots of teams looking for a good CB.

Salvadora

Tbf. 16 shots on target and no goal is horrendous luck.

There's a certain chess parallel with the way Rodgers has set us up this season called Kotov-syndrome. It's one where a player takes extraordinary steps to come out of a very complicated situation where he ends up making more mistakes, usually blunders, than if he'd just reacted with his first thought. In essence the player overcompensates for his complicated situation by handing his opponent the game.

Steven Gerrard is the closest you'll come to finding the Queen of chess in football. But much like the queen of chess, Gerrard is often let down by the pawns around him.
RAWK

Tc91

White Xbox One bundle with CoD + Sunset, sell Sunset, play CoD for a week until Halo and buy Forza too.

£369. Yay or nay?

There's a certain chess parallel with the way Rodgers has set us up this season called Kotov-syndrome. It's one where a player takes extraordinary steps to come out of a very complicated situation where he ends up making more mistakes, usually blunders, than if he'd just reacted with his first thought. In essence the player overcompensates for his complicated situation by handing his opponent the game.

Steven Gerrard is the closest you'll come to finding the Queen of chess in football. But much like the queen of chess, Gerrard is often let down by the pawns around him.
RAWK

lol.

but you have to admit, given that even the best keepers in the world only (lol) save about 70 to 75% of shots on target, to have 16 get on goal and have none of them go in is hilariously unlucky. all jokes aside.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, he looks good for a 19 year old. Definitely think his future is at CB. Wish he wasn't being thrown in the deep end so soon but we are thin. Hopefully we can get a CB this January. Not feeling confident though. Going to be lots of teams looking for a good CB.
I think we will get someone but whether we get who we need will be a different story. We need the right centre back, not just any centre back.

Hixx

I'm scurred

Reveillere looks alright

Imagine if Santi had scored that volley, he would have had two goal of the season contenders

Hixx

White Xbox One bundle with CoD + Sunset, sell Sunset, play CoD for a week until Halo and buy Forza too.

£369. Yay or nay?

Why would you sell Sunset and play CoD!?!?!

Sunset is the best new-gen only game so far. Easily.

Top Bottom