• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

So who would be in the middle, Can, Henderson and Allen? Or will Lucas get exhumed?

I'd like to see Can and Lucas with Henderson free to move all over the place just ahead of them. Can seems to be decent at carrying the ball with a bit of intensity, so it wouldn't be too defensive a move

Carbonox

Cabaye could be possibly leaving PSG in January.

I would absolutely love him back at Newcastle but that wouldn't happen. Wonder who he'll go to. Arsenal (not the defensive midfield they need though)? Liverpool (would fit in I think)? Chelsea (cover for Fab/Matic perhaps)? Spurs (better than the likes of Capoue, Stromboli, etc. etc.)? Only teams I could see him go to as United would be looking elsewhere for Strootman, etc., City don't need him and he's too good for everyone else.

I would absolutely love him back at Newcastle but that wouldn't happen. Wonder who he'll go to. Arsenal? Liverpool? Chelsea? Spurs? Only teams I could see him go to as United would be looking elsewhere for Strootman, etc., City don't need him and he's too good for everyone else.

We're idiots if we don't go for him, though it'd have ramifications on Henderson and Sterling in particular

KidJr

To who asked, yes Bale is back for today, apparently starting.

Going to the Arsenal game today so hoping for a good performance man, this is a perfect game for us to still figure a few things out. We still need a better balance between defence and attack (although this has drastically improved over the past few games).

Wenger needs to start thinking longer term now, Giroud is back in full training after international break, so with Ozil being the only real offensive absentee of note we need to figure out our best 11 and quickly. I dont even know where to begin... Wiltshere has been playing really well and getting back to his previous level, Ramsey is still better though.

And please Welbeck you have all of that pace but you're so static, stop asking for the ball to feet and bloody run the channels. One thing I give Walcott praise for (inspite of still having some shocking decision making) is his runs and movement, he plays like a stirker and is a dream for a number 10. Welbeck I guess may have been told to hold the ball up more I dunno, I expect that of Giroud cus ya know he cant run behind anyone but yeah Welbeck needs to improve his movement. I can live with him missing chances but I cannot live with him not being in scoring positions.

Salvadora

I have nothing of value on my laptop except the music, but I got that backed up
What about the stuff that your ISP downloaded for you
CNmCbSf.png

First Ferrari and then you and Zabo can get your wish of having the club sold. Surely you have some contacts with some oil rich middle eastern. Get it done.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
First Ferrari and then you and Zabo can get your wish of having the club sold. Surely you have some contacts with some oil rich middle eastern. Get it done.

I'm done with the romantic idea of being owned by an Agnelli member, or being financially responsible, so to speak.

I'm sorry L1NETT, but I'm ready.

Ready to sell my soul

Chelsea bros, hand me some of your plastic flags

btw a spin off is actually GOOD for the Agnelli family, they're getting more control and money or something

3Sixty

Dream Team ‏@dreamteamfc 24m24 minutes ago

Ahead of tonight's clash at the Bernabeu, we decided to put together a combined Liverpool and Real Madrid XI.

B1l4VF7IcAEwRnm.png

49534935.jpg

bud

i just want madrid to score at least six, seven goals.

won't happen, though. they'll stop penetrating liverpool's box [
CNB1W6d.png
] after three goals, i reckon.

Fintan

I would absolutely love him back at Newcastle but that wouldn't happen. Wonder who he'll go to. Arsenal (not the defensive midfield they need though)? Liverpool (would fit in I think)? Chelsea (cover for Fab/Matic perhaps)? Spurs (better than the likes of Capoue, Stromboli, etc. etc.)? Only teams I could see him go to as United would be looking elsewhere for Strootman, etc., City don't need him and he's too good for everyone else.
Fabregas has played pretty much every game this season and we don't really have anyone else who can fulfill his role in the team. They're not identical players, but yeah, I'd like to sign Cabaye.

De Jong: "The contract renewal? I'm happy here, and I don't see any problems regarding the renewal of my contract."

He doesn't see any problems yet he still hasn't signed the renewal :(

Carbonox

One day I hope there will be a PS+ month of interest to me. Every month this year has been shockingly bad. #AintNoIndieCindy

GorillaJu

I thought this before and I still think Cabaye would be a really good fit for Liverpool. He could take Allen's spot easily. Class player. Not sure he'd be at the right price though.

One day I hope there will be a PS+ month of interest to me. Every month this year has been shockingly bad. #AintNoIndieCindy

There aren't enough games on PS4 yet man. The games that are out still feel "new" and the ones that don't feel new aren't good enough for PS+.

Clegg

Bordeaux manager Willy Sagnol on why he won't be signing any more black players. Seems reasonable enough to me.

"There will be much fewer Africans joining Bordeaux because I don't want 12 players who disappear for two months every two years."

"The advantage of the typical African player is he's not expensive, he's generally up for the fight and he's powerful on the pitch."
Ok now we might be getting into the realms of stereotypes.Probably best to stop now.

"But football isn't just that. Football is also technique, intelligence, discipline. You need everything."
Christ Willy shut the fuck up.

Godan

To who asked, yes Bale is back for today, apparently starting.

Going to the Arsenal game today so hoping for a good performance man, this is a perfect game for us to still figure a few things out. We still need a better balance between defence and attack (although this has drastically improved over the past few games).

Wenger needs to start thinking longer term now, Giroud is back in full training after international break, so with Ozil being the only real offensive absentee of note we need to figure out our best 11 and quickly. I dont even know where to begin... Wiltshere has been playing really well and getting back to his previous level, Ramsey is still better though.

And please Welbeck you have all of that pace but you're so static, stop asking for the ball to feet and bloody run the channels. One thing I give Walcott praise for (inspite of still having some shocking decision making) is his runs and movement, he plays like a stirker and is a dream for a number 10. Welbeck I guess may have been told to hold the ball up more I dunno, I expect that of Giroud cus ya know he cant run behind anyone but yeah Welbeck needs to improve his movement. I can live with him missing chances but I cannot live with him not being in scoring positions.

I just want to see us start using the pace we got. None of this passing slow build up we have done for the past 5 years. I mean we got fast players with Welbeck, Sanchez and the Ox just now so start using it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Jong: "The contract renewal? I'm happy here, and I don't see any problems regarding the renewal of my contract."

He doesn't see any problems yet he still hasn't signed the renewal :(

Pogba didn't "see any problems" for two seasons :lol

We are so pathetic

Top Bottom