• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

KidJr

I just want to see us start using the pace we got. None of this passing slow build up we have done for the past 5 years. I mean we got fast players with Welbeck, Sanchez and the Ox just now so start using it.

I hear you but from the games I've been to it hasnt been quite that simple. With maybe the exception of Alexis all of the guys you mentioned ALWAYS want the ball to feet and then run, Welbeck does not run the channels or make anywwhere near enough runs to take defenders out position. And when you add to the fact teams are playing much deeper it makes that pace even harder to exploit.

Its one of the major reasons why I think Walcott is such a vital player, he is by far our best off the ball runner and when that happens you make the defender have to make a choice, either stick with him or let him go. Your always going to follow the run which then creates space for others.

Perfect example of this was Tottenham (last game Theo played) where we ripped them to shreds. Look at Gnabry's goal, that was created by the run Walcott made off the ball to take the defender away and leave space in behind. Beginning of last season where Ozil looked God tier was hugely down to the fact he had a willing runner, no runners no space, no through balls.

EmiPrime

£27 for my seat against Southampton in December, not bad.

Looking forward to again seeing at least one of our next signings.

We score 2 goals and call it a night. I want to solidify top spot in the group and make use of heavy rotation for the last two matches, December is going to be an intense month for us - we can use the fresh legs and keep players injury free.

Hala Madrid!

3-1 is my prediction.

Hixx

Does this mean none of you saw Panti's reaction to Wes last night?

Fucking hell it was a bigger meltdown than Tiote vs Man United. Funniest moment of the season.

Phlebas

Banned
Aston Villa forced to cancel their goal of the month vote after failing to score a single goal

uQF2zg3.jpg

Hixx

[IM.G]http://giant.gfycat.com/PointlessCarefreeAdamsstaghornedbeetle.gif[/IMG]

JESUS CHRIST THIS GIF IS 115MB! Sorry!

Hixx

FM2015 is £20 at SimplyGames sister digital site (which for some reason is banned!?) for anyone who wants it.

Wilbur

Banned
Finished 14th with Hull in the end, took over at Christmas with them in 19th

Just started my third season. The title race is on.

@ManUtd 32m32 minutes ago
#mufc goalkeeper @D_DeGea has made the four-man shortlist for Player of the Year at the annual Northwest Football Awards.

31m31 minutes ago
De Gea's competition for the award? Raheem Sterling, Yaya Toure and Seamus Coleman. Winner announced 18 November. Good luck, David!

bud23

Casillas: "I think I can play for Madrid until I am 40" “I will play for Spain until 2016 at least, for sure".

l1x61OA.png

Tc91

FM2015 is £20 at SimplyGames sister digital site (which for some reason is banned!?) for anyone who wants it.

I think I got FM for free.

When I pre-ordered it off Amazon for the beta he gave me a steam code, put it in and it didn't say (beta access) or something similar which I recall it did for 2014. Now when I go to the store page I can only purchase it for friends.

Guess we will find out when it releases.

Salvadora

Seen this rumoured Liverpool line-up floated about the place:

Mignolet, Johnson, Skrtel, Touré, Moreno; Henderson, Lucas, Markovic, Lallana, Borini; Balotelli

No Sterling (and Lovren to a lesser extent) would be a shocker.

I'm top of League 1 with Bristol City in my first season on the new FM. However I've just lost 4 of my first team to injury all within the same week. Thanks FM.

L1NETT

I'm top of League 1 with Bristol City in my first season on the new FM. However I've just lost 4 of my first team to injury all within the same week. Thanks FM.

serves you right for buying the league m8

fuck Bristol City

I mean how is Kieren Agard playing in the league one. Bloke has the ambition of a jacket potato.

Clegg

Palace m8.

Warnock's going to cry.

Been watching clips of him instead of doing Uni work cuz why not.

I know you only usually get the best bits of the player so you're not getting a full picture of a performance, but it's noticeable how much he moves around the box to make himself available. He tries to get on the end of anything. We're missing that kind of striker right now.

Wilbur

Banned
Been watching clips of him instead of doing Uni work cuz why not.

I know you only usually get the best bits of the player so you're not getting a full picture of a performance, but it's noticeable how much he moves around the box to make himself available. He tries to get on the end of anything. We're missing that kind of striker right now.

Noticeable in his games for us so far as well. His movement's just electric. Doesn't stand still ever.

Top Bottom