• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Marc

Rooney singing and it being on the news, fucking christ... this world is doomed.

Apparently on a stage in a pub, surely someone explained to him he sucks or has his ego reached critical mass.

the Homeland OT is fucking pathetic

so many nerds just nitpicking and making fun of everything.

I am actually quite into this season, a completely different show but it had to change. Some great bits, just the usual in shows these days... too many cunts. Last episode was great. Never read the show threads though so maybe some valid criticism.

Zabojnik

just to show you the massive gap between us and them -> we're sponsored by a crappy American car we own, while Atletico are sponsored BY A FUCKING COUNTRY

A COUNTRY ZAZO

Today is the day, Yurtnik. Today is the day the shackles come off
and we land directly in EL.

The current Homeland season is alright. Have yet to see the last episode doe. Looked like things might go ballistic from the preview.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I am actually quite into this season, a completely different show but it had to change. Some great bits, just the usual in shows these days... too many cunts. Last episode was great. Never read the show threads though so maybe some valid criticism.

Maybe, but they've reached a ridiculous level of nitpicking

"Carrie is breathing too heavily"

what?

what?

don't ever go to TV Shows movies any OTs, they'll just spoil the fun you're having really.

inky

Yurty pls. It's inevitable. Homeland is like the Liverpool of shows.

It had some promise and made everyone pay attention, then when it was close to being something truly good it threw it away in the last step of the season, then the following season it became a joke.

At least apply the same standards to all threads.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Today is the day, Yurtnik. Today is the day the shackles come off
and we land directly in EL.

The current Homeland season is alright. Have yet to see the last episode doe. Looked like things might go ballistic from the preview.

it was gud

It had some promise and made everyone pay attention, then when it was close to being something truly good it threw it away in the last step of the season, then the following season it became a joke.

S2 was quite terrible, and S3 was not that bad, but it's still a quality show and still leaps and bounds better than stuff like The Blacklist and etc

Person of Interest OT is quite nice.

You should watch it Yurt.

I did! I think I've watched an episode or two in a hotel room once

I use Off Topic and the Gaming Thread to keep me updated on news and rumors.

Going off and reading the replies is like staring into a dark abyss of hate and ethics in game journalism.

holy shit

Disgusting. Borini gets away with it a little since he's played like twice in the league, Balotelli and Lambert have no excuse though

Tbf. 16 shots on target and no goal is horrendous luck.

Nope. They don't even make keeper's make decent saves in general. Most of those shots on target are probably hopeful Balotelli potshots as well

BREAKING: Newcastle winger Jonas Gutierrez given all-clear after treatment for testicular cancer. #SSNHQ

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/529408451425099776

Boss

Some of tomorrow's papers say Rodgers is going to drop Gerrard for the Madrid game.

Hmm. If Allen remains and Gerrard is dropped, I'll see it as a political move by Rodgers, a Litmus test to see where the fanbase's loyalty lies. Gerrard's better performances this year have come a little further forward, and Allen is a nonentity atm. If the thinking is simply that we need to remove Gerrard from DM, by rights he should be moved into Allen's position really.

Madrid match is barely worth talking about in terms of what it means for our chances of qualification, we'll get smashed anywhere between 3 and 8-0.

I assume Sledgehammer know what they're doing with 'Press F to Pay Respects', there's no way they're oblivious to how silly it is, and CoD's reputation for heavy-handed sentimentality and ham-fisted attempts to evoke emotion

inky

I'm just kidding with the Liverpool stuff btw, before someone gets offended ;P

You are right anyway. I avoid a lot of OTs too. Although in some cases it is due to the diehards who can't stand when someone doesn't love the show as much as they do and have to let you know in the most annoying ways possible.

One case was the Hannibal thread for me. Fine looking show that puts visuals and style over coherent developments or characters. Some diehards started bringing up the books and scoffing at anyone who didn't pick up the small details from them that shed a bit of light on some stuff happening. Better to avoid that kind of drama altogether.

Linius

I was busy putting some douche in The Walking Dead thread back on earth. He started to question people's judgement if they like this weeks episode. I don'r really care about people criticizing things in a constructive and reasonable manner, but if you think it's cool to speak disrespectful about other people's taste I can't ignore that.

TeddyBoy

:(

Really hope the Gerrard being dropped rumours are correct. Without Gerrard in the team we can play a much more defensive formation and hopefully avoid a battering tonight.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lazio, Sampdoria, Napoli, Genoa, AC Milan, Udinese and Inter are all 2-3 points away from 2nd and 3rd.

Roma is sandwiched :lol one or two bad results and they'll drop down to midtable(!)

I was busy putting some douche in The Walking Dead thread back on earth. He started to question people's judgement if they like this weeks episode. I don'r really care about people criticizing things in a constructive and reasonable manner, but if you think it's cool to speak disrespectful about other people's taste I can't ignore that.

Yeah I fucking hate that.

Linius

Well except for in here of course, because we all know Fry got a bad taste for everything. Even goes from supporting a winning club to a club that fucking slips. You don't make that shit up.

#legitnormalbanter

:(

Really hope the Gerrard being dropped rumours are correct. Without Gerrard in the team we can play a much more defensive formation and hopefully avoid a battering tonight.

this is one of those cases where my sentimentality is getting in the way of my judgement. I fear that if he's dropped against Madrid, he'll be off in the summer, and I'm desperate for him to retire having played for us all his career.

But, if we were to somehow get just a point (fuck, scoring a goal would be enough) from this match, it'd be an absolutely huge boost, and that may well be more likely without Gerrard than with him

Well except for in here of course, because we all know Fry got a bad taste for everything. Even goes from supporting a winning club to a club that fucking slips. You don't make that shit up.

#legitnormalbanter

2nd place in the PL is worth more than every shitty Eredivisie title you goons have won put together

#enoughselfpity
#fightfirewithfire
#theresurrectionstartsnow

edit: #plsdontbanterme

Probably because Homeland is a pretty pathetic show as Claire Danes moved from being ok to completely overacting season 1 onwards?

Wish they had killed the terrorist guy in s1 itself, a season 1 ending with a suicide bombing by a returning marine (?) running for Congress killing the Vice President. That would have been something.

Mastadon

Banned
CoD multiplayer is pretty fun, the extra mobility adds a lot. Getting used to KB+M is pretty hard though, got destroyed a couple of times last night. Anyone else playing on PC?

In your opinion, perhaps.

and you do realise she's bipolar, right?

right?

right?

Yes on both accounts.

She still has taken it a bit too far, along with the writers. The show went from god tier in S1 to OK whatever in S2/S3.

Will see where S4 heads.

Although how does a person whose hobby seems to be sleeping around with terrorists becomes a CIA Station employee is beyond my comprehension.

It's basically Titanfall now ain't it?

It is strange to look back and see all the stick that TItanfall got and now realize it is the only exclusive game till now to deliver on what they were supposed to. Destiny reviewed badly, Watch Dogs did ok, Driveclub is a failure with no online still.

Not counting FH2 because nobody ever said it would fail.

Lightning

Banned
Hoping for Galatasary, Arsenal, Malmo, Juventus, Madrid and Leverkusen victories tomorrow.

Only Arsenal's is of any importance though.

dc89

Such a fantastic footballer.

fellaini+elbows.jpg

iuCXpDg9V9qSR.jpg

Then that knee in the back a few weeks ago.

Didn't you know? Didn't you hear?

Zabaleta ran into his elbow.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I could see Gerrard being used off the bench. He seems to play with more impetus when he's coming in half way through.

So who would be in the middle, Can, Henderson and Allen? Or will Lucas get exhumed?

dc89

My FIFA 15 career has really turned sour.

Yesterday - Aguero injured for 3 months & Zabaleta wants to leave in summer.
Today - Brondby IF await me in the Europa League

Top Bottom