• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Esch

Banned
GrippingTestyBison.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Please join WhatsApp Cola.
We need you.
Linius needs you.

I was thinking about it but giving out my phone number to a group of people worries me.

Also according to sources of people who i already have in whatsapp "You talk like you have never spoken to a human being before"

True Quote

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bacon me and koo talk all the time, we are skype bros

I practice on him what I say to girls

Because of our chats I learned this invaluable wisdom

"Bi polar girls arent real girls"

Bacon me and koo talk all the time, we are skype bros

I practice on him what I say to girls

Because of our chats I learned this invaluable wisdom

"Bi polar girls arent real girls"

I can't believe he actually said that.

And yet I can totally believe he actually said that.

Without a hint of irony too.

Pennywise

what does kyoufu do

i get the impression he plays fifa all day long

does he study or work

He plays Monster Hunter all day long, at least that's the impression I got from twitter.

I was thinking about it but giving out my phone number to a group of people worries me.

Also according to sources of people who i already have in whatsapp "You talk like you have never spoken to a human being before"

True Quote

It's not like anyone is gonna call ya at night and just breathes or moans into the phone.
Some of the best stories happened in WhatsApp.

Lightning

Banned
(2) Szczesny:

"You can have bad luck when you lose a 1-goal lead. You can have very bad luck losing 2-goal lead, but to lose 3 goals?"
Szczesny, Arteta and Mertesacker have all condemned that Anderlecht disaster. Hopefully that mirror looking prevents that sort of shit from ever happening again.

Wilbur

Banned
My whatsapp wish list:

Arnie to come back
Carbo
Yurt
Scum
Shatner
Cola
Kyoufu
Quiche to be more vocal
Suen to stop leaving and making me add him again

Mr Cola

Koo is one of the funniest people i know

Mostly because he can reach pitches higher than a man of his age should be able to do.

Phlebas

Banned
So assuming City qualify for the CL next year, will they use the seedings as an excuse when they get knocked out in the group stage again?

Also how do I join WhatsApp

So assuming City qualify for the CL next year, will they use the seedings as an excuse when they get knocked out in the group stage again?

Doesn't the seedings change next year so its the champions from top 7 leagues + this years winner?

They aren't going to win the Premier League and if the seedings have changed then they'll be lower anyway

Lightning

Banned
I wish players would stop doing live q & a's with fans. Monreal done one and some arsenal fans decided to insult and belittle him instead. Fucking worthless lemons don't deserve interaction with players.

Sort of shit annoys me. Don't mind having an opinion but hate abuse being slung out at players trying their best. Not Monreal's fault Wenger's asked him to play centre back and what happened against Anderlecht was the whole team, not just Monreal.

I wish players would stop doing live q & a's with fans. Monreal done one and some arsenal fans decided to insult and belittle him instead. Fucking worthless lemons don't deserve interaction with players.

Sort of shit annoys me. Don't mind having an opinion but hate abuse being slung out at players trying their best. Not Monreal's fault Wenger's asked him to play centre back and what happened against Anderlecht was the whole team, not just Monreal.

I agree and never got this. If the player was actually a cunt? Yeah sure, but if it's just players that are a bit shit? Nah.

I agree, it doesn't help the player or team at all, and if anything it only worsen the image of the club. There are too many fans who are just ready to throw whatever insults they have while being entirely clueless.

dc89

My whatsapp wish list:

Arnie to come back
Carbo
Yurt
Scum
Shatner
Cola
Kyoufu
Quiche to be more vocal
Suen to stop leaving and making me add him again

I agree.
And either a filter or bans for every discussion about phones or apple and that shit.

:looooool

I'm laughing at what Suen said to me when speaking to Randy about phones. "Dan. Shove your phone so far up your arse that you can't hear Txiki ringing you. Dan, fuck off." /sunface

Wilbur

Banned

Gotta PM me ur number m8

I've just realised I have one from cartoon as well

Sorry man, whoops

Pennywise

:looooool

I'm laughing at what Suen said to me when speaking to Randy about phones. "Dan. Shove your phone so far up your arse that you can't hear Txiki ringing you. Dan, fuck off." /sunface

>:
It was that one day, I'm looking at Twitter and see this endless debate between you and Bla about phones.
Look at footy gaf and see the same stuff and then even on WhatsApp.
It was almost as annoying as the Arsenal talk on here, but I can avoid them on Twitter or WhatsApp :D

wedward

Mertesacker saying Arsenal need to put "ten percent more" is funny. No Mertesacker, ten percent more is not enough; after the Anderlecht disaster in addition to our lack of a winning mentality since the beginning of the season 200 percent wouldn't even be enough.

10 percent would probably do it honestly.

dc89

O2 have given me a free gift. Either a £30 Debenhams voucher or 6 free Cineworld tickets.
Tickets is the obvious choice. This is how it feels to be Nathan and Dean.

Meanwhile Advanced Warfare is Michael Bay when he was good fantastic. Having so much fun with the single player.

Kevin Spacey is awesome too. Dead fish eyes notwithstanding.

Marc

Anyone going to see Interstellar?

Don't Rises me Nolan, pls be good.

edit: whoops, was quoting from older page so didn't realise people were already talking about it.

It just seems odd to me to rip into a player for performing well against shit premier league defences but then suggest a number of players who a) haven't performed well or b) haven't performed at all.

What is the point of Nick Powell playing eight minutes for England in a friendly when he can't get a game for Leicester? Out of that list, only Shelvey and Cattermole have any right beating Downing to a place on current form.

It's the same argument you're bound to make with someone like Hart or Rooney. "They're playing poorly, they don't deserve their place."

Downing does, because he's playing well and it's naive to assume his form will automatically disappear the second he's in an England shirt (other than the fact Hodgson is in charge).

It's a silly argument, based off nothing except some noble want to see some youngsters blooded.

Sorry for delayed response, got... distracted.

As I said, club form has been indicative of international form... when? Sometimes it is clear a player needs tactical assistance, or a formation that suits them or just the right run of games to build form. Sometimes it is obvious from day one that they are not cut out for that level and never will be. The likes of a Downing or Milner could get a 100 more caps and you're telling me you expect them to magically change in to better players? Nah, I disagree.

What is the point of Downing playing 8 minutes? Is he going to be the answer when we have already looked at him? Clearly not. Powell at least can get exposure to the group and learn something from others, he has technique suited to international football. He has also been part of the youth system and is a natural progression to be in a squad. And I say this every qualification rounds and every time I get shot down. Then that player through injury, form or desperation ends up getting picked right at the end and gets heaps of pressure put on them. The likes of a Walcott, or Barkley, or Sterling... get thrown in usually rather than anything gradual. Suddenly that player is the answer to everything and tons of pressure put on them. If they are about the squad, it is not a big deal coming on as a sub or starting games later in the campaign.

Tell me this Wilbs, how are English youth players expected to gain form in this league now exactly? They will either play at struggling clubs, in the championship or be loaned out from bigger clubs. Sometimes the odd random form will prop up a struggling club to higher in the table. Very few are getting chances, that is clear as day. England can't rely on the clubs to bring these players through anymore. Needs must. And it is a circular argument as well, as people say there are no top English players and yet English players aren't allowed to play at the top so yeah... no shit. If Barca were in the prem and just loaned out Messi every 6 months to championship clubs, he would adapt to become a championship player. I use him as an example, don't take it too literally. ;)

What form though, what is your long term goal of having him in there exactly? You're expecting to play him at the euros is that it? You're building a team around him, an impact sub... what? Form has nothing to do with it, this group is a farce, you could turn up drunk to every game and still flop over the line the way qualifying works now. I already said, I wouldn't be shocked if he had a good game. It would be hard not to, that isn't the point though. There is no rhyme or reason to it for when we actually get qualified.

Pennywise

I usually don't let trailers sway me either way, but there are some spectacular trailers.

Of course.
It's just sad that so many movies give away some of the best parts in trailers, especially when they release like 5 or more trailers.
One or two should be more than enough, yet they release so many of them, which takes away alot suspension.

Of course.
It's just sad that so many movies give away some of the best parts in trailers, especially when they release like 5 or more trailers.
One or two should be more than enough, yet they release so many of them, which takes away alot suspension.

Can't be help though, those trailers really help in hyping up a movie/series.

My company tried to be subtle about it, but we realised that while us movie geeks don't really appreciate being spoiled on so many scenes, the general public really lap those things up.

So damned if you do, damned if you don't. We decided that we'd just release those trailers anyway, would be pretty stupid to restrict it just due to a couple of geeks like us, even as how much we don't like it.

Top Bottom