• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
PSV vs Panathinaikos would have been an amazing CL draw in the 90s.

I lament the death of the mid-tier European leagues.

Ignoring the fact that Dinamo stole 3 points in extra time against PSV. Why are you even trying to do PR for Dinamo? Go watch some Zenit m8
I just thought it was funny when you claimed that PSV should have no problems winning this group when they're not the best team in it. That's all.

Linius

I just thought it was funny when you claimed that PSV should have no problems winning this group when they're not the best team in it. That's all.

Maybe we can judge that after PSV and Dinamo played against each other twice. But let's not draw early conclusions, they only played in Moscow after all and deserved more than a loss in the final minutes of the game. And Dinamo already played the easiest opponent twice. If Panathinaikos can get a draw against Dinamo this group can still go either way.

If I ever said they would win this group easily that's a mistake. But PSV and Dinamo are both the better teams in this group, that much is obvious.

Sviatochan <3

how are you liking AVB
I like his signings. I like that Hulk is playing better, but we've been very uninspiring the past month or so. If we don't turn it around we'll be shamed out of the CL. We can probably still go into the winter break with a lead in the league playing like this but it won't be comfortable. Now is the time to see whether AVB will cut it.

Maybe we can judge that after PSV and Dinamo played against each other twice. But let's not draw early conclusions, they only played in Moscow after all and deserved more than a loss in the final minutes of the game. And Dinamo already played the easiest opponent twice. If Panathinaikos can get a draw against Dinamo this group can still go either way.

If I ever said they would win this group easily that's a mistake. But PSV and Dinamo are both the better teams in this group, that much is obvious.
There's a good chance that we won't have that chance since odds are good that Dinamo will have clinched first place in the group before that game.

faridmon

All my blue-mates hate him.

Which is odd because I actually think he's alright.

They all love Tony Hibbert though.

He is just plain shit.

He have done well in one season when 90% of our squad were injured (remember when we used Cahil as a striker), He has no technique, his vision is limited and seem to run on mud.

Hibbert is hsit as well, but we just love him ironically. I bet all your mates groan when they see him on a squad line-up. Very slow and can't tackle at all.

Lightning

Banned
I honestly think Everton have a shot at winning the competition depending on which CL teams get dumped in it. Most of them won't take it seriously anyway.

Got a real shot against the teams currently in it. Best pl team in the comp.

faridmon

I honestly think Everton have a shot at winning the competition depending on which CL teams get dumped in it. Most of them won't take it seriously anyway.

Got a real shot against the teams currently in it. Best pl team in the comp.

I think the CL dropouts are gonna screw us real hard. Teams such as Juve and Schalke are powerhouses.

Callum Wilson keeping his priorities in check: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29938491

"It was a bit of a surprise as I have never played for England at any level before. I had a good month. I've got the shout so it's nice. I tend to not think about it and concentrate on the games and take it day by day.

"Hopefully I'll be involved, my plans for getting a haircut have gone out the window but I can arrange it for another time. Hopefully I can do well and show people what I'm all about."

Lightning

Banned
I think the CL dropouts are gonna screw us real hard. Teams such as Juve and Schalke are powerhouses.
Schalke won't be in the comp and I'm sure Juve will qualify from their group.

Teams that are a worry are Roma could be lumped into it, that will be a problem. Liverpool screw up again they will be there too. That will be funny but doesn't help Everton's chances. One of Zenit, Monaco or Benfica are also going to be put in it.

They are the main threats in my view.

Hixx

Everton looking comfortable against Lille. Ffs
LLShC.gif

Never rely on the French for anything.

Top Bottom