• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

I think Moreno will prove to be a fantastic signing when and if we figure out how the left side should work and give him freedom to go past the midfield when he attacks, and when we hammer into him that he should just twat it out sometimes. Trying to play out from the back is admirable most of the time, but any defender becomes a liability when they do it at the wrong moments.

Lallana and Can will be at the very least decent options to come into the team with little fuss, and Manquillo has been fine. Have huge doubts about the rest of them.

The Palace match will say a lot about where we are as a team

Should have a fully fit squad aside from Flanagan, in a reasonably difficult away game that is eminently winnable provided we play the way we should be expecting.

LTWheels

I think Lallama's been fine.

It's telling that the only two teams in the league not to play a DM are Liverpool and Arsenal.

Gerrard 'worked' in that poistion last season because with Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge on the pitch, it forced other teams defences back, giving him time and space to play his game. Now he is not really adding anything attacking or defensively.

I think Lallama's been fine.

It's telling that the only two teams in the league not to play a DM are Liverpool and Arsenal.

Gerrard 'worked' in that poistion last season because with Sterling, Suarez and Sturridge on the pitch, it forced other teams defences back, giving him time and space to play his game. Now he is not really adding anything attacking or defensively.

Did you notice Hazard doing him with the exact same feint twice in a minute on Saturday, giving him a run straight at the heart of our defense? Christ.

Jack cw

Stake to the heart far every Dortmund fan if it happens. Must fucking suck to support them sometimes. Still, they have a brilliant manager, a good system, and some of the best scouts in the world.

I guess that happens to all players who share the same agent. Kroos, Götze and Reus. He has a clear career plan for those players and even Puma is now part of the negotiations with Reus. He is their key player and they want Dortmund to become the second great club besides Arsenal, but Dortmund struggeling made them overthink their strategy and place Reus into a world class team. 2 years ago he signed with Dortmund to win trophies, that's why he left Gladbach, not for the money only. Dortmund agreed to the buyout clause because Reus wouldn't have signed with them. He won nothing with BVB until now and wont likely play CL next season. There isn't much choice for him, Bayern pays his 12 million wage and gurantees him the German championship and big chances of winning the CL. Real already bought Bale and James, so they don't need another winger there.

How can any supporter think that Reus will stay forever at Dortmund when he signed with a buyout clause he could pull after two years? BVB was just a step to finally join one of the top 3 clubs. There is much more interest than only Reus's and Dortmund's behind this transfer.

This fucking guy missed two pks in one game.

I'm done

PES tomorrow
I'll get the game tomorrow (and some other too from the US store) and we will see if they implemented something like a pro club mode. I wont give Konami the benefit of the doubt after their constat lack of features in recent years.

Reus should come to Liverpool for a challenge, and guaranteed playtime. Otherwise he'll just be another Pep. You know it makes sense Marco.

we'll probably get fucking Grosskreutz

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte recalls Balotelli for Italy

hopefully just to shut some people up and to see how he really is up close

Lightning

Banned
It will be very difficult, almost impossible, for Arsenal, Liverpool or United to sign Marco Reus. He wants to be challenging for the league title and cl title and our clubs are miles away from doing that.

What are any of us going to convince him with? He's not after money and our clubs don't have anything else to offer.

Bayern, Madrid or maybe Chelsea are the only places I can see him ending up.

Yep. People will say he had Silva and Zlatan for his title winning season, but he still did a good job in his first year with a big club that had been average for a few years. Then they get rid of the Pirlo and his idea was to build the team around Silva's passing. They did ok and finished second, but hen they sold Silva and he was left with no one who could do what he needed, but he still managed to get them third, which was his best job IMO.

His final few months were him not giving a fuck because of the way Silvio had treated him in the summer.

Milan have just terrible defenders for the last four years, and even De Sciglio hasn't pushed on to the next level.

Allegri might not be the man manager of Conte, but he has good ideas and was always a great choice for Juve amongst managers within Italian.
He also fielded Muntari-Van Bommel-Nocerino most of the time (which isn't, surprisingly, a creative midfield), tried to put Emanuelson as AMC even if it was clear that he wasn't going to do much, had most of the team against him during his second season ("I just need 14 players to win the scudetto" isn't the best thing to say when you're still 2 points behind the first place, just like saying "well done so far" after being 3-0 down vs Arsenal at half time) and eventually managed to screw up his second scudetto with us.

Allegri probably isn't the worst manager of all time, but he isn't the best of all time as well. Sure, Berlusconi and the board didn't help (especially when he forced him to stay last year. It was clear since June 2013 that we were going to fail), but he could've done much better.

It will be very difficult, almost impossible, for Arsenal, Liverpool or United to sign Marco Reus. He wants to be challenging for the league title and cl title and our clubs are miles away from doing that.

What are any of us going to convince him with? He's not after money and our clubs don't have anything else to offer.

Bayern, Madrid or maybe Chelsea are the only places I can see him ending up.

Liverpool have the best fans in the world though. And a proud history.

Jack cw

in any case, I hope it's in the Westfalenstadion! The greatest stadium, with the greatest down-to-earth fans and team..err...on earth!

tumblr_nemua3QIew1sa367mo1_500.gif

I can't believe Balotelli got called up, what a sick joke

I don't know, I think there's just Croatia and Albania in 2014.

You will win in a friendly though, because...Italy and friendlies :lol

They can't even beat us in friendlies.

I doubt anyone here can remember the last time Germany beat us in a match.

KidJr

It drives me INSANE that Wenger, a clever guy, someone who you'd THINK was a tactical genius is awful at that part of football. Man management, developing young talent and running a football club there arnt too much better at that in the world.

But Jamie Carragah starts pointing out SIMPLE defensive and tactical mistakes, you really have a right to question the manager.

On a better note, my fantasy football team is going through the gears wonderfully after missing the first week of points.

He also fielded Muntari-Van Bommel-Nocerino most of the time (which isn't, surprisingly, a creative midfield), tried to put Emanuelson as AMC even if it was clear that he wasn't going to do much, had most of the team against him during his second season ("I just need 14 players to win the scudetto" isn't the best thing to say when you're still 2 points behind the first place, just like saying "well done so far" after being 3-0 down vs Arsenal at half time) and eventually managed to screw up his second scudetto with us.

Allegri probably isn't the worst manager of all time, but he isn't the best of all time as well. Sure, Berlusconi and the board didn't help (especially when he forced him to stay last year. It was clear since June 2013 that we were going to fail), but he could've done much better.

He is a bit dopey with his comments and man management, but the midfield was part of his tactics to use Silva as the playmaker and have that midfield be a powerhouse, and it almost worked out.

Salazar

This prick Andy Dunn in the Mirror was surely trolling Arsenal fans, lol

But that is a trifling issue for the idealist. Sanchez, Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Podolski. That’s what it is all about.

And they won’t be far off.

Certainly, they might win a cup. But the Premier League and the Champions League will – not by much – be beyond them. They will keep getting ambushed, as they did on Tuesday.

Watching Arsenal remains one of ­football’s joys. Fleetingly, and, as Mourinho would agree, watching Ozil is one of football’s joys.

Listening to Wenger away from the frenzy of match day is one of football’s joys. On the grandest stages, it will all add up to failure.

But at least it will be beautiful failure.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

his post match comments were legendary :lol it's like he was talking about a completely different game, in a completely different sport.

Wilbur

Banned
I said this to Arnie and Will on Saturday.

I can imagine, being Sanchez and having the choice between Arsenal and Liverpool, going to meet Wenger and being impressed out of your fucking nut talking to him, giving you no doubt that this is the club you should be signing for.

And then you step on the training pitch.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I said this to Arnie and Will on Saturday.

I can imagine, being Sanchez and having the choice between Arsenal and Liverpool, going to meet Wenger and being impressed out of your fucking nut talking to him, giving you no doubt that this is the club you should be signing for.

And then you step on the training pitch.

The French accent gets everyone innit.

and Brendan doesn't come off well. I mean, with his whole OCD face molesting, giant sculptures of his mug, his love for transformers and all

Carbonox

I want to see Interstellar but I don't want to see it so badly that it makes me need to travel to the cinema.

I saw some ads of The Drop on TV though - forgot that's coming out. That's definitely one I'll see.

Salazar

"muscular injuries is the one thing that transcends time on the training pitch and space away from shad"

I was reading an account of Viking deaths earlier this morning.

Struck by a pitchfork while seeking revenge for his sparrow.
Vanished into a boulder.
Trampled by a nightmare.
Drowned in a mead barrel while up for a midnight piss.

It's Arsenal, innit. An ancient Scandinavian Arsenal.

dc89

"Are you more committed then me?"
TUSE9qh.png

Clearly not mate since you are prepared to buy up the whole of Arsenal's catalogue and dress up like a complete bellend.

The headphones

Lol

Have you got Barca ones?

"what do you mean people like me"

tumblr_lx1chfY2Ax1qkxlolo1_r2_250.gif

:lol fuck, it was quite clear what he meant you fuckwit

:lool

--

I'd do anything for a XB1 and a copy of Halo to binge on all day.

Pledge allegiance to Gaal? No problem.
Clean a toilet after Brian and Nathan have been on it with no flushes in between? You got it.

It drives me INSANE that Wenger, a clever guy, someone who you'd THINK was a tactical genius is awful at that part of football. Man management, developing young talent and running a football club there arnt too much better at that in the world.

But Jamie Carragah starts pointing out SIMPLE defensive and tactical mistakes, you really have a right to question the manager.

On a better note, my fantasy football team is going through the gears wonderfully after missing the first week of points.

I don't mind getting beat. That happens in football. What makes me angry is that we are constantly the masters of our own downfall because we can't stay composed and just make silly mistakes. I don't expect us to have the Milan back four of the early 90s back there, but they should be solid enough to not lose their heads and completely melt when an opponent starts putting any pressure on us.

Yeah, really sounds like he's set on leaving :lol

Get the fuck over it, nothing will happen until like a week or something before he/a club must activate the release clause. Reus loves the club and even if he intended to leave, he'd focus on getting shit together for BVB.

Let's face it, he's pretty much gone if we don't qualify for the CL. It might be crazy talking about CL spots again after the first win in the last few matches. But if we want to save this Bundesliga season, the aim is to win the next 6 matches. If we pulled that off, we'd have 28 points and a CL spot is still very much possible.

I love how you make them think they are still relevant, Jack. <3

I love how you can't remember Germany beating Italy.

I still can't believe we went through a entire season unbeaten. That wouldn't happen nowadays with our defence, lol

What is more impressive was the CL minutes without conceding record and getting to the final. That wasn't a great back four talent wise, but they were solid and knew what was expected of them.

Top Bottom