• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Wilbur

Banned
Hart's mistake was by the rules. Gotta leave the box before you can give that

So you just retake it if you get it wrong? Whereas if you fuck up a throw the opposition get it?

What a shit rule.

Just watched toure hitting that girl in the face on repeat around fifteen times. I'm in tears.

3Sixty

"Are you more committed then me?"
TUSE9qh.png

Clearly not mate since you are prepared to buy up the whole of Arsenal's catalogue and dress up like a complete bellend.

Are those Arsenal headphones Beats by Swansea?

KidJr

I don't mind getting beat. That happens in football. What makes me angry is that we are constantly the masters of our own downfall because we can't stay composed and just make silly mistakes. I don't expect us to have the Milan back four of the early 90s back there, but they should be solid enough to not lose their heads and completely melt when an opponent starts putting any pressure on us.

+1

I mean I cant fathom it, its sooooooooooo simple, you have 15 minutes left, you are 1-0 up WHY the HELL were 7 players in Swansea's half trying to score another goal. I'm not even buying the arm chair supportter crap http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29917344 Martin Keown made the same assessment here.

Just utter pathetic crap, you play football every f*cking day, week in week out, i just cannot understand it. F*ck sake man, sh*t week of footbal all round from Arsenal. And then Wenger has the cheeek to come out and be like oh yeah... no one is going to catch Chelsea. I expect that crap from Brendan Rodgers not you Arsene...

I still can't believe we went through a entire season unbeaten. That wouldn't happen nowadays with our defence, lol

Because that team was LIGHT years better than we are... Pires, Henry, Berkamp Fabregas, Veria SMH..

+1

I mean I cant fathom it, its sooooooooooo simple, you have 15 minutes left, you are 1-0 up WHY the HELL were 7 players in Swansea's half trying to score another goal. I'm not even buying the arm chair supportter crap http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29917344 Martin Keown made the same assessment here.

Just utter pathetic crap, you play football every f*cking day, week in week out, i just cannot understand it. F*ck sake man, sh*t week of footbal all round from Arsenal. And then Wenger has the cheeek to come out and be like oh yeah... no one is going to catch Chelsea. I expect that crap from Brendan Rodgers not you Arsene...

Because that team was LIGHT years better than we are... Pires, Henry, Berkamp Fabregas, Veria SMH..

Wenger has spent the best part of 5/6 years saying spineless things like that? How are you not used to it.

This is the man who said finishing 4th was like winning a trophy.

His players take after him.

Wilbur

Banned
I just think it's silly to say "GET RID OF HIM AND GO GET KLOPP"

Sure, if Klopp becomes available, maybe the urge is too strong to pass up. But you could let Wenger see out his contract and then try for Koeman if he's still doing well at Saints, or Martinez, or Moyes when he wins La Liga.

Wilbur

Banned
3Sixty, Wanyama's really come on this season hasn't he? Looks far more assured with the ball now.

Pardew's getting 8 more years.
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Has to get a lot of credit for their recent run. Five wins in a row is brilliant. As much as a joke as he is as a man, I've always thought Newcastle sacking him would be the wrong decision.

KidJr

I'm done with Wenger now. Cant stand the man. Need a new manager who isn't tactically inept and doesn't make the team a bunch of pussies.

I'm not quite done with Wenger and for a manager that has done so much I'm happy to give him until the end of the season to turn it around, I cant see us finishing higher than 4th tbh nor winning any trophy, I wouldnt be happy with that but I'd accept it and give him one more year.

Alot of my of other friends tend to make fun of Arsenal fanst for seemingly blindly following Wenger, I dont know whether its the greatest trick he's ever pulled (in convincing the fans) but I really feel we are three or four players max from being able to compete with the Chelsea's of this world.

But yes I want Klopp, he gets it. The beautiful game played efficiently well.

His contract still runs out before Pardew though.

True, lol.

What will it take for the board to pay out the rest of his contract and let him go?
Well, there's no chance the board will sack him because they love him and are content with his ways.

Obviously if we don't finish in the top 4, it will be really bad. But maybe it will light a stick up the board's asses and get them to actually do something.

Kyoufu

Has to get a lot of credit for their recent run. Five wins in a row is brilliant. As much as a joke as he is as a man, I've always thought Newcastle sacking him would be the wrong decision.

Well I just hope we don't repeat last year's crash when we went on a win streak around November then sold Cabaye and went on relegation form which we only just came out of not long ago.

Also Cabella is awful.

Wilbur

Banned
Well I just hope we don't repeat last year's crash when we went on a win streak around November then sold Cabaye and went on relegation form which we only just came out of not long ago.

Also Cabella is awful.

Yeah, but Cabaye was the absolute best player in the side and was sold without Pardew having a say. They should have done better, but taking the fulcrum of the team out and getting no replacement obviously would have - and has - taken time to correct.

He hasn't started well, but seemed to have a good season last year.

KidJr

Yeah I dont get Newcastle's real frustration with Pardrew, this happens every year, you loose some games fans scream for him to be sacked. Padrew ignores the relentless cries because ya know he's signed an 8 year contract so dudes chilling but manages to eventually turn it around. Padrew isnt the problem imo Mike is, same thing with Tottenham.

Carbonox

Also Cabella is awful.

I wonder who we could sell in January that would lead us to that relegation form again.

Cabella needs to toughen up and show some intelligence or he won't last long. I'd rather have Ben Arfa and he's shite. We're fortunate Aarons has come up in to the squad though to fill that winger role when he's fit.

We'll give Cabella the time he needs to bed in though. Especially the money paid for him and we're only a few months in. Shit can change massively.

I'm not quite done with Wenger and for a manager that has done so much I'm happy to give him until the end of the season to turn it around, I cant see us finishing higher than 4th tbh nor winning any trophy, I wouldnt be happy with that but I'd accept it and give him one more year.

Alot of my of other friends tend to make fun of Arsenal fanst for seemingly blindly following Wenger, I dont know whether its the greatest trick he's ever pulled (in convincing the fans) but I really feel we are three or four players max from being able to compete with the Chelsea's of this world.

But yes I want Klopp, he gets it. The beautiful game played efficiently well.

Arsenal's problem in a nutshell.

Not happy, not good enough = Give him another year.

It isn't going to change ever. You're in a tough spot because changing manager is always risky, especially when Wenger has been there for so long. But Arsenal are a lot richer these days - it's time.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah I dont get Newcastle's real frustration with Pardrew, this happens every year, you loose some games fans scream for him to be sacked. Padrew ignores the relentless cries because ya know he's signed an 8 year contract so dudes chilling but manages to eventually turn it around. Padrew isnt the problem imo Mike is, same thing with Tottenham.

It's everything at that club that's the problem :lol

Pardew has his flaws. Ashley's an awful owner in many regards. Some of the fans have unrealistic expectations. There seems to be just an element of comedy that follows the club around. Perfect storm sometimes.

I can totally see Arsenal doing a Moyes.

I don't mean they'll sign Moyes, I mean they'll replace Wenger with someone who loosely reflects his playstyle and management approach, like Martinez, and it'll be a fucking car crash.

Hixx

It's everything at that club that's the problem :lol

Pardew has his flaws. Ashley's an awful owner in many regards. Some of the fans have unrealistic expectations. There seems to be just an element of comedy that follows the club around. Perfect storm sometimes.

it's great

their "fans" have this habit of hiding in a hole when they're doing shit and then coming out when they win a few, it's hilarious

see: kyoufu, willkiller

I don't mean they'll sign Moyes, I mean they'll replace Wenger with someone who loosely reflects his playstyle and management approach, like Martinez, and it'll be a fucking car crash.

Maybe.

But there is room for improvement at Arsenal. Clear room. A new manager can come in and do so many things better than Wenger does...and there's space to climb the table too. That means a manager can come in and demand more from everybody and justify his own methods.

Ferguson was delivering maximum results. Deviating from anything he did or said was always going to be a hard sell.

Wilbur

Banned

It can work, i.e. Swansea, but I think they've done a good job of recognising Laudrup's faults - which seemed to be a state of permanent relaxation and complacency - and giving it to Monk, who seems a more disciplined character.

We just tried to replace Fergie with a lesser one - not just in terms of play style but because he's fucking Scottish and religious and he's a winner (because you don't need to have won things to be a winner innit).

Martinez may have lots of similarities to Wenger, but he has enough differences compared to our situation I think.

+1

Please stop censoring yourself.
nt5j5sS.png

It can work, i.e. Swansea, but I think they've done a good job of recognising Laudrup's faults - which seemed to be a state of permanent relaxation and complacency - and giving it to Monk, who seems a more disciplined character.

and of course, no one liking him as he's a cunt.

3Sixty

3Sixty, Wanyama's really come on this season hasn't he? Looks far more assured with the ball now.

Aye, as I said last year if he could work on his passing he'd be a complete midfielder.

He has been fantastic this season. Playing with a point to prove as well with Cork being preferred at times.

Elchele

should have hired Pepe Mel when you had the chance

I can't believe Wenger is still in his job, he should have been fired years ago

Wilbur

Banned
Aye, as I said last year if he could work on his passing he'd be a complete midfielder.

He has been fantastic this season. Playing with a point to prove as well with Cork being preferred at times.

I remember Poch preferring Cork lots last season too, but - fucking Neanderthal stereotype that it is - Wanyama always had it in him to be part of a good Premier League midfield, just looking at him. Now his technique's come on leaps and bounds... should have come to United m8.

Speaking of United, Shaw had another good game. Really like him already.

Top Bottom