• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Wilbur

Banned
Remember when a certain club paid £24m for Darren Bent?
FcxTZpk.png

Good times.

Absolute madness

should have hired Pepe Mel when you had the chance

I can't believe Wenger is still in his job, he should have been fired years ago

I have been telling people Wenger should have gone since 09.

But the real problem is with the board. The board has allowed this culture of failure to be acceptable. They allowed Wenger to have his philosophy without the expectations of real results. I am sure if the board told him during this barren spell, that he had to win or he was gone then we would have been performing a lot better.

Wenger did a great job in his early year and a very impressive job with the financial limitations by the stadium. However, he started to become a caricature of himself and is completely unrecognisable from the manager of a decade ago, the board should have put more pressure on him to deliver.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ashley Cole on Sky IT "Our media always depicted England as one of the best in the world, when we rarely were. That added pressure."

Hixx

No chance in hell are we going to be regulated

KuGsj.gif

I should probably try and play this Halo game.

Tried 1 & 2 on PC, was a bit eh.

Always found it funny because Halo always had these serious and gritty trailers, teasers, but the story is standard sci fi comic tbh

Hixx

The story in Halo is a bit... eh, but the universe they created is fairly interesting. As a rule of thumb I try to stay away from books based on games but at the peak of my Halo interest I got into the books and a couple of them are actually pretty decent reads.

"There's only one Shola Ameobi"

I'm really glad he's going to be playing and ending his career at our club as he is a great player. His injury last season really hurt us as it was clear that we were missing his influence just from holding the ball up and his goal scoring.

Newcastle have also done well in bringing Gabriel Obertan from man u and looks to be a fine player. http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=KI3EcmLNWPU&gl=US
He's got real quality in moving the ball, passing and most importantly in dribbling.
Got some really big raps from man u fans. Should be interesting to see if he starts ahead of Dan Gosling and Joey Barton!

im dying

KidJr

Arsenal's problem in a nutshell.

Not happy, not good enough = Give him another year.

It isn't going to change ever. You're in a tough spot because changing manager is always risky, especially when Wenger has been there for so long. But Arsenal are a lot richer these days - it's time.

I mean I dont necessarily think change is always the answer, look say what we will about Wenger but the dude has one three PL titles and five FA cups. It's easy to say change change change but the guy clearly can win as he has done in it in the past. He's turned us from a club that no body cared about to certainly into a top 10 team by Revenue, top 5 globally supported, provided us with a world class stadium which will provide long term growth and stability. I mean look people say its all about winning (which ultimately is) but if you dont recognize these feats I dont think people would or can be very self aware. We are not Man U (who have absurd amount of debt), Chelsea or Man City.

We have done well to compete with the resources we have until now, we have nearly fnished paying off our stadium, new sponserships mean we finally have cash flow coming into the balance sheet but again its not like we've hit the lottery, its still going to take time.

But hey thats probably why I'm an arsenal fan and I'm acutely aware of that.

lol sorry for the self censoring

Brøndby reactions to losing for the second time in a row to the amateurs Hobro are amazing. These interviews with the players... "It's absolutely embarrassing.. A team like Brøndby comes here for a second time... and we lose somewhere in the woods. Fucking hell that's bad man".

KKvg23h.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, really sounds like he's set on leaving :lol

Get the fuck over it, nothing will happen until like a week or something before he/a club must activate the release clause. Reus loves the club and even if he intended to leave, he'd focus on getting shit together for BVB.

Let's face it, he's pretty much gone if we don't qualify for the CL. It might be crazy talking about CL spots again after the first win in the last few matches. But if we want to save this Bundesliga season, the aim is to win the next 6 matches. If we pulled that off, we'd have 28 points and a CL spot is still very much possible.

eh, pretty sure we'll finish in the top 4 and qualify. God bless the generous Italians for giving their 4th CL seat to Germania

55-60 point should be more than enough, so 9-10 more wins and a few draws?

Jack cw

I love how you make them think they are still relevant, Jack. <3

They better not hear what Paul Breitner said about Italian football a few days ago.
Yeah, really sounds like he's set on leaving :lol

Get the fuck over it, nothing will happen until like a week or something before he/a club must activate the release clause. Reus loves the club and even if he intended to leave, he'd focus on getting shit together for BVB.

Stage1: Denial.

Carbonox

Yurt come see on my Birthday and take me to Little Russia in London to meet your gf's parents. I wanna party with the Spetsnaz and learn how to assassinate people with poison.

L1NETT

Right want Blyth Spartans away in this evenings draw

Would be on box, extra bit of dosh and decent chance of progressing

Knowing us we'll get Bristol Cunts away or some other such rancid draw.

Blablurn

B2E5J6oCQAE8Yu6.jpg:large

Schweini travelling to Belgrad to celebrate his new gfs birthday.

I'm sure he loves that jetset lifestyle.

But I can't hate on him.

He won it all.

His final performance in brazil was incredible. We Germans will tell our grandchildren about it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Schweini :lol forever the massive gaping vagina that shits itself during big games

Yurt come see on my Birthday and take me to Little Russia in London to meet your gf's parents. I wanna party with the Spetsnaz and learn how to assassinate people with poison.
Ahahahaha her folks are in...somewhere unpronounceable next to Moscow

D_prOdigy

It's gonna be in my backlog for a while, bought it because it was just under 13 euros and always wanted to try a Layton game.

Miracle Mask is gud. They all gud. Unwound Future has GOAT story tho - would recommend the older DS games if you get a taste for it.

Blablurn

A deserved loss. But again, how's ANY of this related to Schweini :looooool

Fucking insecure Bayern cunts

You're insecure because you keep attacking a player who won the CL, the World Cup and more national titles than Juve in the last 10 years.

Top Bottom