• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

If Assassin’s Creed Unity represents the future direction of AAA video games, I seriously question the future health and legitimacy of this industry

Industry is going down a path that will be very successful for very few people and I don't think a lot of the "AAA" publishers have the mentality and business common sense to do it right. They're all driving themselves into a corner and I suspect that by the end of this "gen" that Sony, MS and Nintendo will be the only ones that actually doing new and interesting stuff in the bigger landscape.

Thank god for indies, tons of great stuff there.

Industry is going down a path that will be very successful for very few people and I don't think a lot of the "AAA" publishers have the mentality and business common sense to do it right. They're all driving themselves into a corner and I suspect that by the end of this "gen" that Sony, MS and Nintendo will be the only ones that actually doing new and interesting stuff in the bigger landscape.

Yep there's more good indie stuff than ever, and while I've never kickstarted anything, I'm appreciating a few things that did get its life there.

Esch

Banned
you're all going to be playing on nothing but Steam and iOS in 2020.

vzOriTo.png

Kikarian

The Indie games are great at the moment.

Wilbur

Banned
what's the best indie game out recently and I'll give it a whirl okay

Not flower or journey they were both boring

I saw limbo on iOS but that's the one with the big spider pls no

Esch

Banned

FTL was the game that changed my mind about the indie scene. so good m8. and it's on sale on steam all the time

You hear about the Reus for Schurrle swap deal rumour?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Tim Schafer's Broken Age

It's so creative and piss-your-pants funny

It will run on your Mac

And The Stanley Parable, don't read about it and spoil the brilliant idea pls.

Wilbur

Banned
who wants to buy me a pc

if you can use kick starter for Emil's game and elsk's mangoes then you can save the life of a poor little Egbert x x

Edit I played hotline Miami, liked the presentation and stuff but gameplay was a bit primitive innit

Linett please, you think Wilbur will last more than 2 minutes with to the moon?
cHNjGdP.png

I should play Superbrothers Sword and Sworcery soon, got it, but haven't really felt like playing it.

Esch

Banned
who wants to buy me a pc

if you can use kick starter for Emil's game and elsk's mangoes then you can save the life of a poor little Egbert x x

Edit I played hotline Miami, liked the presentation and stuff but gameplay was a bit primitive innit

you're going to get a PC and end up putting 350 hours into modded skyrim after playing 200 hours of console skyrim

bless

Wilbur

Banned
you're going to get a PC and end up putting 350 hours into modded skyrim after playing 200 hours of console skyrim

bless

The dream

LOOK

Yurt doesn't like books
I don't like games
Wooden doesn't like movies
Arnie doesn't like music

We are all imperfect

Apart from Shinji

Top Bottom