• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

WJD

Fell asleep on Sunday so ended up watching LA Confidential last night. It's bloody brilliant isn't it?

Also MCC didn't get delivered today and I don't even have my Xbox with me but I'm still annoyed. Amazon Prime too. I hate myself sometimes.

FootballFan

Do you know what's quite embarrassing?

Some of these reviews read like fucking abhorrent scores and yet you get to the end and it's a 7/10

They know people won't read the content and they'll look at the score and deem it worthy of buying

Games reviews are a whole other level of madness to me compared to films/music/etc

But you don't play videogames

FootballFan

what's the best indie game out recently and I'll give it a whirl okay

Not flower or journey they were both boring

I saw limbo on iOS but that's the one with the big spider pls no

the last of us
ocarina of time
zone of the enders
war of the monsters
fifa 10

inky

what's the best indie game out recently and I'll give it a whirl okay

Not flower or journey they were both boring

I saw limbo on iOS but that's the one with the big spider pls no

Papers Please. I figure you'll get a kick out of not letting people into your dystopian regime.

Oh, you don't have a PC... nevermind ;P

Pennywise

Just fuck AC Unity.
Ubisoft is heading for the wrong direction for quite some time now, hopefully people will finally abandon them.

Looks like at least Bioware got their shit together and I can enjoy Dragon Age.

FootballFan

Hilarious haha

Cross posting a bit, but I suggest you all read this.
I tried to open a treasure chest, but was told I needed the Assassin’s Creed companion app to open it, with no additional information or context.

I tried to open another treasure chest, and was told I needed to sign up for Assassin’s Creed Initiates to open it.

When I paused the game, the second option in the pause menu is an eStore that lets you spend real money on time-saving boosts, bonus in-game currency, and so-on.

This is a $60 video game set in revolutionary Paris that continually spams you to sign up for Ubisoft services via locked-away in-game content.

More at the link.

Messi

The gaming side has been giving me a massive headache recently. Might have to stop reading it.

Hi motherfuckers :)

tumblr_inline_mn4h1nDJLi1qz4rgp.gif

Pennywise

I mean I'm not defending Ubisoft but how is this any different from what Activision does with Call of Duty?
They at least don't deliever a technical mess, the rest is the usual CoD.
And according to the preorder numbers, the not really evolving gameplay and quality from Ghosts has hit them a bit.

It'll still sell a shed load.

Of course.
People will renember that though.
I doubt as many people will bite when Watch Dogs 2 hit the shelves.

It'll still sell a shed load.

and all the microtransactions will more than make up for the few lost sales.

I mean I'm not defending Ubisoft but how is this any different from what Activision does with Call of Duty?

It's a long time since I've played CoD, but as far as I know it at least doesn't obstruct the singleplayer parts, like this

"I tried to open a treasure chest, but was told I needed the Assassin’s Creed companion app to open it, with no additional information or context.

I tried to open another treasure chest, and was told I needed to sign up for Assassin’s Creed Initiates to open it.

I tried to open a third treasure chest, and was told I needed to upgrade Arno’s lockpicking skill.

I upgraded Arno’s lockpicking skill, and was told my skill level still wasn’t high enough to open that chest. I gave up.

When I paused the game, the second option in the pause menu is an eStore that lets you spend real money on time-saving boosts, bonus in-game currency, and so-on."

But Activision are fucking horrible with microtransactions as well, really pretty much all the big publishers are. There might be weapon pre order exclusives and so on, but you don't try and pick up a weapon to be told you need to pay.

pulsemyne

Thought this was quite funny

10672420_842592159095340_8019968350722028684_n.png

What wasn't so funny was the abuse routledge got on twitter afterwards. There really are some vile twats about.

Elchele

Did you guys knew Mustafa (Ozil's dad and agent) was suing Ozil? In the end they reached an agreement of €630,000 from a commission the dad was fighting for.

Ah yes, Cesc with a hamstring injury.

I remember those.

Except this time he will be fine after the break.

He was confirmed to be injured even before the Liverpool match, but both he and the team was willing to take the risk and recover him during the international break.
AkpmCMU.png

Blablurn

It's incredible.

In 3 months of Bayern Alonso received more praise than Kroos in 5 years Bayern.

And in 3 months of being in Madrid, Kroos received more praise than in 5 years at Bayern.

Everything went better than expected.

Messi

It's incredible.

And in 3 months of being in Madrid, Kroos received more praise than in 5 years at Bayern.

Bro, why did you change your name? Blabum was a FootballGAF classic. Bad move m8.

wedward

It's incredible.

Remember when FF said Alonso is shit and a worse passer than Busquets.

Pep got the last laugh.

Sorry FF.

Top Bottom