• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Marc

ROOONEEEHH!!!

He got to say it finally! So glad for Clive.

Let the floodgates open now, Barkley available to play? At least Downing is off.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
On the other hand, Argentina v. Portugal is why international football sucks.

Marc

wr102205.jpg

The legend came from humble beginnings, to slay the beast of minnow.

Most interesting friendly since England v Argentina in Geneva. Friendlies should only be played against countries you hate/dislike to make them interesting. England could play anyone in FIFA.

pulsemyne

wr102205.jpg

The legend came from humble beginnings, to slay the beast of minnow.

Most interesting friendly since England v Argentina in Geneva. Friendlies should only be played against countries you hate/dislike to make them interesting. England could play anyone in FIFA.

They should restart the four nations tournament they have in the 1970's. Would be good for all sides.

Marc

Smalling in that window showing he can't head a ball or tackle.

Defender.

They should restart the four nations tournament they have in the 1970's. Would be good for all sides.

Entertaining yeah, but honestly need to be aspiring to try and win a relevant tournament. That isn't going to help in any way. The odd game every few years I'd welcome though.

Arnie

Finished work at 9. Sauntered to the cinema. Watching Nightcrawler on my Todd.

Hotdog. Nachos (salsa, no cheese). Coke.

Darkness that I can melt into and escape.

Don't have to watch fucking Scotland, either. Or Roy Hodgson for that matter.

K1LLER7

Sturridge is out for longer.

Brendan's the problem.

wedward

What does "on my Todd" mean?

Zabojnik

Just got back from Interstellar. I ... kinda loved it, actually. Going in with significantly lowered expectations really paid off.
Yeah, there was some pretty bad science and more than a few :rolleyes: worthy sentimental moments & overall cheesiness / nonsensiness, but, well, three hours flew by and I was very much entertained and I guess even slightly moved. So, yeah, it's not 2001 for the new age, but it's still a pretty damn good blockbuster. I would certainly rank it higher than Gravity, although I didn't see the latter in a cinema.

The best thing about the evening was a friend of mine though, who was blown away by the movie and was already praising it as one of the best films he'd ever seen. Until I pointed out
"you realize that the movie doesn't actually make any sense, right? If it was us, the super advanced humans from the future that sent back / created the wormhole and the whole multidimentional library thing ... how did the humans survive the dying Earth in the first place?" The realization utterly destroyed him, loooool, he couldn't speak for a while and got super depressed afterwards. :DDD

Marc

Gone well off the boil, playing not exactly solid stuff to begin with.

Why are we happy with a 0-2? Oh yeah, Woy.

At least Milner is defending well, Wilshere (who is head and shoulders MOTM for me) might have scored.

Top Bottom