• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

KidJr

I love the beautiful game but the FA are making me feel really uncomfortable with their whole stance on racism. Tbh I never used to pay much attention to it (racism in Football) but after the FA gave Rio the same match ban as John Terry I actually feel f*cking p*ssed. I mean what the hell...

Wilbur

Banned
LINETTTTTTTTTTTT

ACs4z8N.png

faridmon

Thinking about it, this is the first week since the League started which Everton had a full week to themselves.

I still don't get the idea of players getting tired of playing 2 matches a week when they are paid to do so, but whatever.

I love the beautiful game but the FA are making me feel really uncomfortable with their whole stance on racism. Tbh I never used to pay much attention to it (racism in Football) but after the FA gave Rio the same match ban as John Terry I actually feel f*cking p*ssed. I mean what the hell...

I don't think its inherently racist, but more of incompetence and inconsistency. FA banning Ferdinand for such word and making it as long as Terry is ridiculous, but again they have an history of doing so. The whole Suarez debacle just shows that they just do whatever hell they want.

faridmon

Will Pellegrini be sacked at the end of the season if they get knocked out in the CL group stages and don't win anything?

His contract when he signed, specifically mentioned that he should win 5 trophies in 5 years. If he doesn't win anything this season, he still have 2 trophies.

The question is that how much do the the owners value League cup as a trophy.

Blablurn

Ribery is such a lying little shit haha. He said the attack on him was no problem. Everyone saw that Ribery was just about to explode after the guy hit him.

Even Scholl said that he actually messed witht he wrong Bayern player. Franck usually has problems to calm down. I'm surprised he didn't do anything crazy yesterday.

tumblr_ne8dpuYgwA1reido2o7_r1_250.gif

KidJr

Thinking about it, this is the first week since the League started which Everton had a full week to themselves.

I still don't get the idea of players getting tired of playing 2 matches a week when they are paid to do so, but whatever.

I don't think its inherently racist, but more of incompetence and inconsistency. FA banning Ferdinand for such word and making it as long as Terry is ridiculous, but again they have an history of doing so. The whole Suarez debacle just shows that they just do whatever hell they want.

Yeah I guess I'm not trying to come across as angry black man in the slightest but and maybe incompetence is the right word but I just don't really believe the FA can be serious about having a tough line approach to racism.

Maybe it's because why I've not really noticed this level of incompetence before from the FA (I actually think despite alot of the slack they receive, they do a decent job).

Yeah I guess I'm not trying to come across as angry black man in the slightest but and maybe incompetence is the right word but I just don't really believe the FA can be serious about having a tough line approach to racism.

Maybe it's because why I've not really noticed this level of incompetence before from the FA (I actually think despite alot of the slack they receive, they do a decent job).

Greg Dyke doesn't care about black people.

I was about to ask if Tom Ince is actually good/PL material or he is just flying on the back of his father's talent.

His Dad has nothing to do with the way he's regarded, he was legit for Blackpool*. Unfortunately it seems like the Championship is his level at the moment, and he should try and make a move back down permanent so he can get some consistent gametime, and settle at a club. This loan to Forest could be very good for him, but if he just ends up back on Hull's bench (does he even get on their bench?) at the end of it, it'll be pointless for him.

*No doubt that he only got a chance at Inter because of Paul. Then they pretended that it was a mutual decision not to move there.

KidJr

Greg Dyke doesn't care about black people.

Maybe man, sad if this really is the case. Again I dont know enought to outright say ya or nay and I dont like to throw the term around to much but this incident really shocked me.

On a more positive note.

I need some help, (I'm not sure if there is a thread for this) my fantasy football team needs rejigging.

I'm playing:

GK- Lloris

Defence - Chambers, Zebaleta, and some random Burnley guy

Midfield - Silva, Sanchez, Hazard, Siggerson, Fabregas

Striker - Auguero and Sahko

What changes would you make if any?

faridmon

Ince should have come to us when we wanted him. We would have developed him and playing him along with Barkley, Stones and Garbutt, he would have felt at home while being in the next England hopeful generation.

Now, he is stuck in a limbo.

Top Bottom