• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

LAM09

dc, if old but did anyone see this "goal" that was awarded to Genk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTdCTuohzJY

ngDCi9a.png

What an awful decision. The wrongly awarded goalscorer was even in shock.

He could at least spend the £100. He'll never see any of that £25m though...

He sees it every time he looks at the league table. And then down at us. Languishing. Waiting for Sturridge, when we know he'll just get injured again as soon as he comes back.

Liverpool-Southampton in the League Cup final pls.

I would have to get a kindle to read that much text on a website. Skimming through it though

"being a Chelsea fan isn't the most emotionally gratifying position to hold. Chelsea are rich and good, and that's about it. Chelsea fans don't get to feel the particular brand of happiness that is seeing your club conquer the world on their own terms, like when Spain won everything with tiki-taka or when Barça started an entire lineup of homegrown players or when Real Madrid won their tenth European Cup with some of the best and most famous players the world over but with their own Madridista, Iker Casillas, at the heart of everything"

"Mourinho might not be the right man for every club, but he is the right man for this time. It's easier to win when winning is the only thing you care about."

"As long as the players do what Mourinho asks, which is basically just win, they are free to express themselves how they see fit."

lol, just win alright

Let's talk about odd things you've heard at work/school/uni wherever, from people you wouldn't expect it from. From 2 different people at work

'People in this country really don't like Hitler, huh? So there's nothing you* like about him?'

'Women where I grew up know their place, in this country they're always talking, they're all fucking bitches'

People so cray

*'you,' as in English people

Let's talk about odd things you've heard at work/school/uni wherever, from people you wouldn't expect it from. From 2 different people at work

'People in this country really don't like Hitler, huh? So there's nothing you* like about him?'

'Women where I grew up know their place, in this country they're always talking, they're all fucking bitches'

People so cray

*'you,' as in English people

"He couldn't poop it out and had been on the shitter for so long that he decided to get in there and grab it out himself"

Add £16m for Chambers and £32m for Shaw and Southampton are laughing their asses off at Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and United.

Need them to start getting properly difficult fixtures soon, otherwise we'll end up like 12 points behind at Christmas. Not that our fixtures have been particularly hard, we've just played like shit all season.

Fully expect Newcastle to beat us on the back of 3 great results, at home.

Well, it's hard to give a good answer but the story that many City faithful trumpet is that they've been priced out of going to many games. Historically, Man City's fans were far more blue collar than United's. Whether or not the increasing cost of tickets is truly the primary case is hard to say, but there's certainly at least some level of truth to it. Many of the new tickets they're adding with the stadium expansion are in the cheaper price bracket.
There it is again.

What's the basis for this?

Please please please don't cite that report Ian Herbert quoted.

There it is again.

What's the basis for this?

Please please please don't cite that report Ian Herbert quoted.

Doesn't it just make sense, maybe not historically, but today at least?

Less OOT fans and gloryhunters (for want of a better term), therefore a much smaller section of fans who can afford to go?

There just probably aren't that many City fans who want to, or can afford to fill the seats left empty when the local fans don't go.

Ruh oh. Meier has incurred the wrath of Viva. Again.
It's complete nonsense.

They couldn't even sell out half their ground when tickets we're going for £15 a pop earlier this year.

Dunno why people are buying into this myth they're pushing.

Their fanbase is just shit.

Savage Gordon are top.

Goodnight.

Doesn't it just make sense, maybe not historically, but today at least?

Less OOT fans and gloryhunters (for want of a better term), therefore a much smaller section of fans who can afford to go?

There just probably aren't that many City fans who want to, or can afford to fill the seats left empty when the local fans don't go.
Of course they have less fans than clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and United. That's not up for discussion and that's why their attendances are the way they are.

What's stupid is this idea that their fanbase is from some other socioeconomic demographic altogether. They're not. And their tickets are cheaper. It's got nothing to do with why they can't sell out.

The basic premise that it could've just been Mou's constant sniping that doomed Casillas is completely off base.

Casillas has always been dodgy on very crucial aspects of goal keeping. He made up for it by being the best shot stopper in world football.

But now that his reflexes have declined and he's no longer making amazing saves after amazing saves, he became what he always was. A shit keeper.

Is that you Hummels?

Scum

It's complete nonsense.

They couldn't even sell out half their ground when tickets we're going for £15 a pop earlier this year.

Dunno why people are buying into this myth they're pushing.

Their fanbase is just shit.

Savage Gordon are top.

Goodnight.

Of course they have less fans than clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool and United. That's not up for discussion and that's why their attendances are the way they are.

What's stupid is this idea that their fanbase is from some other socioeconomic demographic altogether. They're not. And their tickets are cheaper. It's got nothing to do with why they can't sell out.

Savage Gordon. looool

K1LLER7

Shaw was solid against Chelsea and has been since he returned. He'll be the best LB in the world one day. £30m well spent.

Cider X

The basic premise that it could've just been Mou's constant sniping that doomed Casillas is completely off base.

Casillas has always been dodgy on very crucial aspects of goal keeping. He made up for it by being the best shot stopper in world football.

But now that his reflexes have declined and he's no longer making amazing saves after amazing saves, he became what he always was. A shit keeper.

Is that you Hummels?

What complete utter nonsense. Casillas was the GOAT keeper for years. Dodgy... Lol.

K1LLER7

Based on nothing but age and pricetag
Plus that English hype!
Like Sterling :p

Tbf he looked very good for Southampton last season and he's started off well at United. I see no reason why he can't be one of the best in his position. Of course there's still room for improvement like any young player, but I think he'll get to that level.

There are many reasons I can say to defend Shaw's pricetag.

Like the fact that we got one of the best English players in the game, at such a young age at a time where most of our best couldn't even be a substitute in the Spain national team.

That also solves a problem where you must have a set quota of English and Homegrown players in a squad.

Still, the real reason why I couldn't even be arsed if we even paid 40 million for Shaw is we finally have someone solid as a left back. Evra was so shit for the last two seasons.

I may have fucked up by expressing my distaste for Captain America 2 in the Marvel thread.

How do I know it was a boring as shit movie? I ate all of my M&M's in the first 15 mins.

Both packets.

Cap 2 was pure shite. The Winter soldier is one of the worst movie titles ever, whatthe fuck did he even do in the film???

The whole plot was just lame and absurd.

I wish it is possible to sue studios for stealing my time, because that is what Marvel did on that one.

Blablurn

So much for "he will change name back". For me it still feels like a stab in the back.

I asked 3 mods to change it but no answer.

Coming from the board I loved so much.

An then all this shit because of nothing.

Disappointing. And yet he does not even comment on it. Not even on Twitter.

confuziz

Banned
So much for "he will change name back". For me it still feels like a stab in the back.

At least Bayern is doing alright.

Lightning

Banned

Stop moaning and enjoy the laugh.

Top Bottom