• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

bud

I could already do a Gosling double bill with Drive and Only Good Forgives, but I've seen them both, just like Lars :/

you should see half nelson if you haven't already.

it's gosling's best film.

Bud if you could have sex with only one man, terrorist law or something, would it be Gosling or Pelle?

honestly, this is very hard (i'm talking about my penis).

pelle's more handsome, but gosling....

... drives.

i honestly don't know, wooden.

i really don't.

Matthew Fox
BL0m0Nf.png

Not even the hottest guy on Lost.

eah8YBi.jpg

#rip

Hixx

m8s

Are we pretending that Southampton were supposed to win all matches

Or that Arsenal or United and the likes will get their shit together

Or that there are good teams in the EPL besides Chelsea

This was a minor bump in the road.

ids habidding

#saintstoUCL

You made it to season 9?
tXwL4hD.png

I followed it to like season... 8 or so. Gave up when it was being aired. Wanted to finish it.

GorillaJu

I miss being able to go see stuff like Half Nelson, the Squid and the Whale, and all the other limited release stuff in the theaters that I watched back in the day. Shit comes out so late in Japan or not at all. Gone Girl is finally arriving in December. Birdman won't ever come. Thankfully Inherent Vice I'll be home to see since I'm going back for Christmas, but I get to see so few good films.

jts

...hate me...
I followed it to like season... 8 or so. Gave up when it was being aired. Wanted to finish it.
Makes sense if you're so close. I gave up on season 6, they were phoning it in already.

But now that you mention it, I just got a morbid curiosity to know how it all develops and ends. Probably gonna read up.

EmiPrime

About a £60 difference in price. Though the 7 inch version is cheaper than the Nexus 7... hmm.

I want a Chromebook like but most of them are 720p and the 1080p one I have my eye on isn't out in the UK until next year :(

You can get the 1080p Toshiba one from Amazon US, they'll import it for around £270 and they'll refund you the customs fees if it doesn't get caught.

Hixx

You can get the 1080p Toshiba one from Amazon US, they'll import it for around £270 and they'll refund you the customs fees if it doesn't get caught.

Hmm... might look into that.

But getting tempted to get the Samsung tabpro or whatever it is called. Wish it was in another colour other than white but seems a solid enough tablet.

wedward

It still amuses me when people pretend Martinez won't take over at Arsenal.

This isn't a Moyes situation.

There is 0 reason to believe Martinez is even being considered.

I don't think we will get Klopp but I do think Arsenal will be pretty desirable to quite a few managers when Wenger leaves.

We have money, a solid squad, London, new stadium, revenue and commercial deals are increasing, a owner that will stay out of the way and a board that will basically do whatever the manager asks.

Hell, I would give Bould a shot at manager. With Wenger gone he can stop playing nice and try and help this team find its balls. Worst case he teaches them how to bunker down like Stoke.

Abraxas

This isn't a Moyes situation.

There is 0 reason to believe Martinez is even being considered.

I don't think we will get Klopp but I do think Arsenal will be pretty desirable to quite a few managers when Wenger leaves.

We have money, a solid squad, London, new stadium, revenue and commercial deals are increasing, a owner that will stay out of the way and a board that will basically do whatever the manager asks.

Hell, I would give Bould a shot at manager. With Wenger gone he can stop playing nice and try and help this team find its balls. Worst case he teaches them how to bunker down like Stoke.

I think Footy-GAF should manage Arsenal when Wenger leaves.
Make a Twitch plays kind of thing, but with GAF posts. For instance, the appointed assistant manager would come on and write:
Steve Bould said:
Should Walcott start ahead of the Ox at Right mid so soon after his recovery from horrific double leg break against Stoke in Dec. 2014?

And then everyone posts whatever they want and the most common is what happens.
Arse might even get third like that.

Wilbur

Banned
guys later should I go see

The Imitation Game at 1:00
Get On Up at 3:30
Mr Turner at 1:15

What we do in the shadows is only on in Brixton, the drop is only on in Kingston and the Homesman isn't on

I'd like to see all 3 so will probably see one on Wednesday too but only one tomorrow so which one

Esch

Banned
ESPN taking a big ol poop on Wenger

And here's the rub: Arsenal, who have earned 17 points from 12 games this season, aren't even very good to watch anymore. At least at some points over the past decade they could be seen as some sort of aesthetic ornament, there to look nice and distract you for a little while without actually being of any practical use or of any real consequence. They aren't even that these days. The sort of nice passing football that made them Barca-lite appears in brief pulses while the only real entertainment is provided either by Alexis Sanchez zipping around everywhere or the imminent prospect of some slapstick defending.

The time between now and when Wenger finally decides to go is basically dead time for Arsenal. Essentially, every day Wenger stays in charge is another one wasted. The things that desperately need to change at the club aren't going to change, because Wenger is still there and either won't or can't do what is required. He's like a lame-duck leader, the only difference being at least we all know when a lame-duck leader will leave office.
lol

Wilbur

Banned
Lars and the real girl is really good

Elsk pretending anyone other than him has the very worst taste in the history of humankind is jokes

Elchele

:lol jokes

You like Bayern and x men films

Fuck off to your trailer park

I only liked the last two xmen films. The rest were shit or mediocre.

Bayern are part of good taste club. It is known.

edit: i'm downloading Audition and Half Nelson now

jtb

Banned
caught up on the last few episodes of Homeland today. yurt, you were right: ridiculously good episode (minus the terrible ending but whatever) and a really good season so far too

valeo

I only liked the last two xmen films. The rest were shit or mediocre.

Bayern are part of good taste club. It is known.

edit: i'm downloading Audition and Half Nelson now

Last X-Men film was a turd for what it's worth. X-Men 2 was much better.

spot on. We have been so boring for the last three or four seasons. Fabregas was such a beautiful player to watch with his range of passing and interchanging with the forward line. Now it is just so dull and Sanchez is the only one keeping us from a relegation scrap.

Arteta is our captain, and he is the most boring and one dimensional player we have. How he starts is beyond me, oh wait it is because Wenger failed to buy someone the last few years.

Wenger is killing the club. He is the third highest paid coach in football and it is a complete joke. That fact makes me so angry. he haggles around with player wages and transfer fees and yet he pockets such a huge check. he really is a complete cunt at this stage and needs to do one.

That United game was the first time I have ever seen us concede goals like that and lose and for me not to show any emotion. Wenger has killed the way I view Arsenal now. I just expect results like that now. I don't mind getting beat, but getting beat because we make the same mistakes in every single game is another thing completely.

Top Bottom