• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Honigstein's comments on Klopp: "I don't know why people associate Klopp with Arsenal. He wouldnt be a good fit and its not the type of club he'd like. He's never said anything good about the club or indeed London. He'd be much happier at a club like Liverpool or United."

Klopp doesnt really seem like a red wine drinker does he

J-rgen-Klopp-011.jpg

Honigstein's comments on Klopp: "I don't know why people associate Klopp with Arsenal. He wouldnt be a good fit and its not the type of club he'd like. He's never said anything good about the club or indeed London. He'd be much happier at a club like Liverpool or United."

Klopp doesnt really seem like a red wine drinker does he
This was from today's Football Weekly right? Good episode.

But yeah, no idea why Klopp is always associated with fucking Arsenal lol.

Pennywise

This was from today's Football Weekly right? Good episode.

But yeah, no idea why Klopp is always associated with fucking Arsenal lol.

Because Arsenal is desperate and there are nearly no good choices on the market.
At least no big choice, there are quite a few prospects that have to prove themselves on bigger clubs, but there is nearly no one in the league of Klopp,Simeone or someone like that.

Because Arsenal is desperate and there are nearly no good choices on the market.
At least no big choice, there are quite a few prospects that have to prove themselves on bigger clubs, but there is nearly no one in the league of Klopp,Simeone or someone like that.
I know that but what I meant was, why would Klopp be so gung ho set on going to Arsenal? He's got admiration for Wenger but not necessarily the club itself.

I honestly think we will end up with Garcia from Roma. Not that I particularly want him.
....Why not? Garcia is a great manager. He won a bunch of shit with Lille a few years back.

Lightning

Banned
I know that but what I meant was, why would Klopp be so gung ho set on going to Arsenal? He's got admiration for Wenger but not necessarily the club itself.

....Why not? Garcia is a great manager. He won a bunch of shit with Lille a few years back.
Klopp to Arsenal is because Klopp says he wants to manage in the pl, Arsenal fans want wenger gone, Klopp likes wenger. There's absolutely nothing to suggest Arsenal's even looking beyond wenger, calling for Wenger's head is a waste of time. Basically just meaningless reports being thrown out there.

And Garcia's football is why I really don't want him. I think he's the likely choice though. Pep is who I'd really want but that's impossible.

Pennywise

Because people got no clue.
Most stuff and speculation about the Bundesliga is shit and just speculation with no source behind it.
And even if there is a source connected to it, people don't know how serious they could take them.

So basically every bit is taken seriously...

You wanna know whats behind the whole story ?
Klopp just said that England would be the only target within foreign leagues, because he is able to speak the language and follows the league from time to time.
That's it.

Something he already said a couple of times when he was asked about that topic, yet he always said that he never even thought about leaving Dortmunce once.
Klopp himself and the team settled within the city and the club, which really brought them alot of things like an endless form of trust.
And Klopp is pretty vocal about the situation with his team, he would never consider anything without the rest of his team.

So alot of things need to happen in order for Klopp to move and this isn't happening anytime soon.

And Garcia's football is why I really don't want him. I think he's the likely choice though. Pep is who I'd really want but that's impossible.
Who cares what kind of football he plays, as long as he's successful and wins for you. Arsenal is in desperate need of a shake-up and Wengerball needs to be replaced.

Back to Lille, Garcia's football was VERY exciting back then.

Because people got no clue.
Most stuff and speculation about the Bundesliga is shit and just speculation with no source behind it.
And even if there is a source connected to it, people don't know how serious they could take them.
Sorry for cutting the rest of your point but I really want to ask - what do you think of the Marco Reus to Chelsea rumours? Think there's any credibility in them? You're a Dortmund fan and besides a small blurb from Milch a few days ago, I haven't read any opinions on that rumour from Dortmund fans.

Lightning

Banned
Wilshere, Ozil injured and Ramsey woefully out of form so glad we passed on signing Fabregas.
Dwelling on it doesn't help.

Özil's injury blows chunks though. Wenger totally to blame for that injury, pisses me off every time I think about that injury.

Elchele

Reus is going to Bayern.

Why does anyone think anything else is going to happen?

I think he's joining Chelsea tbh. He fits perfectly in Mou's type of football.
He would have a hard time to fit in Pep's system, not to mention he would have to fight for a starting position against Robben, Gotze, Ribéry and Mueller.

Reus is going to Bayern.

Why does anyone think anything else is going to happen?
Probably because Chelsea is unfairly good at transfers now that Roman has backed off and let Jose control them. Doesn't Reus also hate Bayern or some shit?
But apparently Reus doesn't ever track back and defend? That might complicate matters lol

He would have a hard time to fit in Pep's system, not to mention he would have to fight for a starting position against Robben, Gotze, Ribéry and Mueller.

It's not much better at Chelsea with Hazard, Oscar, Messi and Bale.

Pennywise

Depends on his position.

Sorry for cutting the rest of your point but I really want to ask - what do you think of the Marco Reus to Chelsea rumours? Think there's any credibility in them? You're a Dortmund fan and besides a small blurb from Milch a few days ago, I haven't read any opinions on that rumour from Dortmund fans.
Hard to tell really.

Lewandowski was alot easier, so was Kagawa.
Reus is basically really rooted within the city and the club, where he knows what's going on and how everybody is gonna handle him.
Alot of sources that know him pretty well, have said that Reus is some that really needs a comfortable area and money is an argument, but far from being relevant in that decision.

So there are basically 3 choices.

A club that offers him a good perspective on winning titles :
Madrid,Barca,Chelsea.

A club he knows, where he got some friends and that offers him the chance of winning titles, while there is probably the biggest competition :
Bayern.

There is something about the way Bayern behaved though that might affect him on a personal front.
They constantly tried to bring up that topic, while Reus said that he doesn't wanna think or talk about it.
So that was a pretty arrogant and shitty way to handle it, which Reus will recognize within his decision and it also shows how unsure Bayern is.

A club where is family and friends are, a team that he knows and has the quality to win titles :
Dortmund

He knows that the club loves him and he could become a legend here, the problem is the situation this season...

It's really not an easy process to see through, and nearly everyone of the good sources said that he hasn't made a choice yet.
Dortmund also said that they won't force him to make one in the near future, so he will concentrate on getting fit first and foremost and he will surely follow the development of Dortmund after the winter break.

My personal opinion is, if the club doesn't get their shit together after the winter break, he will leave.

Probably because Chelsea is unfairly good at transfers now that Roman has backed off and let Jose control them. Doesn't Reus also hate Bayern or some shit?
But apparently Reus doesn't ever track back and defend? That might complicate matters lol

He denied them twice.
Actually he does that and he developed quite a bit, to work for the defense as well.

bud

half nelson (this is really, really good. seriously.)
lars and the real girl (cute. sweet. adorable.)

do a gosling double bill, penny.
keBGyvp.png

Pennywise

half nelson (this is really, really good. seriously.)
lars and the real girl (cute. sweet. adorable.)

do a gosling double bill, penny.
keBGyvp.png

I could already do a Gosling double bill with Drive and Only Good Forgives, but I've seen them both, just like Lars :/

jts

...hate me...
m8s

Are we pretending that Southampton were supposed to win all matches

Or that Arsenal or United and the likes will get their shit together

Or that there are good teams in the EPL besides Chelsea

This was a minor bump in the road.

ids habidding

#saintstoUCL

seriously what the fuck were they thinking with this pam/brian thing in series 9 of the office

so bad

You made it to season 9?
tXwL4hD.png

Top Bottom