• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

wedward

spot on. We have been so boring for the last three or four seasons. Fabregas was such a beautiful player to watch with his range of passing and interchanging with the forward line. Now it is just so dull and Sanchez is the only one keeping us from a relegation scrap.

Arteta is our captain, and he is the most boring and one dimensional player we have. How he starts is beyond me, oh wait it is because Wenger failed to buy someone the last few years.

Wenger is killing the club. He is the third highest paid coach in football and it is a complete joke. That fact makes me so angry. he haggles around with player wages and transfer fees and yet he pockets such a huge check. he really is a complete cunt at this stage and needs to do one.

That United game was the first time I have ever seen us concede goals like that and lose and for me not to show any emotion. Wenger has killed the way I view Arsenal now. I just expect results like that now. I don't mind getting beat, but getting beat because we make the same mistakes in every single game is another thing completely.

Arteta played really well against United. People give him a hard time but he gave us a couple of good years. His legs are gone now, but he was a good player for us.

I think we have moments where we play attractive football, but we are unable to sustain it for 90 minutes. First 30 minutes of Napoli home and Bayern home come to mind.

I think we have moments where we play attractive football, but we are unable to sustain it for 90 minutes. First 30 minutes of Napoli home and Bayern home come to mind.
Isn't this the problem? Wenger is too obsessed with playing "attractive football" that it seems like the result is secondary to him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I really liked Pacific Rim too! It was too long and the dialuge was awful, but I wasn't there for that anyway :p

caught up on the last few episodes of Homeland today. yurt, you were right: ridiculously good episode (minus the terrible ending but whatever) and a really good season so far too

I KNEW you'd like it

Isn't this the problem? Wenger is too obsessed with playing "attractive football" that it seems like the result is secondary to him.
managers who play attractive football

1200284-25077872-640-360.jpg

orticaweb_roma-juventus-380x270.jpg

managers who play boring mechanical football

Fabio-Capello-left-and-Si-010.jpg

2.bild.jpg

Arteta played really well against United. People give him a hard time but he gave us a couple of good years. His legs are gone now, but he was a good player for us.

I slept through the first half and don't remember him doing much in the second. Seeing as he is used as a DM he really has to be preventing those two goals.

As others have said, there is no point of playing nice football for 30 minutes and then look ragged for 60 minutes.

you could argue that tiki-taka is mechanical too

Tika taka is absolutely boring. For me Barca were at their most fun in that Henry-Etoo-Messi year when they all had 30 plus goals and had the powerhouse of Toure, in the year they beat United in the CL. Afterwards they became extremely boring to watch.

At least Pep has Bayern playing fun and attacking football.

I have always enjoyed Zemen's philosophy the best, try and score in as few passes as possible, but not by simply smashing to a big man. It always results in fast attacking football with a lot of players committed to attacks. His problem is that he never works on defending so when they don't have the ball nobody knows what to do.

Of the big names I love watching Ancelotti sides the most, he always wants to play attacking football with creative players allowed to play as they wish, but makes sure his teams know how to defend. He is the perfect blend of a manager.

Lightning

Banned

Against United we played well, opened up several chances and then went south because, has become the issue since RVP left, we cannot score enough goals and are not clinical in our chances.

My biggest issue? Defence. It's always been about the defence. It's not only that we concede goals from oppositions only chances but how soft and stupid the goals are. Too many examples of these individual errors costing us matches.

Mertesacker against Hull.

Chambers the entire game against Swansea

Self destruction against Anderlecht

Inept defending from a corner AGAIN against City.

The United goals were a joke, both of them.

That is the biggest problem. Until we stop conceding stupid goals and start making teams earn their goals we cannot win games. Arteta is not the reason this is happening, he's not helping, but unfair to leave this mess at his doorstep when it's the entire back 6 (Szczesny, Gibbs, Koscielny/Monreal, Mertesacker, Chambers and Arteta/Flamini)

Not fair to blame Monreal as unfamiliar position doing his best and we weren't stable even when Koscielny was there. The defence is a joke and until we sort it out our season will continue to be a disaster.

Wenger is to blame for this as there seems to be a coaching problem why the same mistakes happen over and over again. Our numbers are too short yet we have too many wingers (Rosciky, Podolski, Campbell) can't get a game and we've yet to really see Theo as well yet we have no defenders? How does one justify this? It's ridiculous.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, what are your thoughts on Allegri these days?

we're FINALLY using a back four, so as far as I'm concerned, he's already better than Conte -_-

it''s hard to judge him now since we're doing relatively well everywhere and we've yet to face a manager capable of outwitting him/us. Left back Padoin will backfire tomorrow though I'm afraid

his late subs annoy the fuck outta me, but the same can be said for Conte. He's doing much much better with that lately, I think he did a couple of 60 and 75 min subs the other day :lol BABY STEPS

his press conferences are now less surreal and dream-like unfortunately :lol it was my favorite part of his tenure with Milan " *team loses 3-0* Allegri: we played well, we were so gud, I'm proud of the team and I couldn't ask for more "

Lightning

Banned
Usmanov is such a cunt. He only ever comments when things are going poorly and acts like he has a say on anything when no one associated with the club actually cares what he thinks.

Esch

Banned
Usmanov is such a cunt. He only ever comments when things are going poorly and acts like he has a say on anything when no one associated with the club actually cares what he thinks.
So, he acts like a shareholder.

And yes they give a fuck what he thinks lol.

GorillaJu

Liverbros how come we never seen to ever have space in the midfield to pass? It seems like every single pass is dangerous and heading to a marked man.

Is it lack of movement up front and out wide that allows teams to play so compact against us without recourse? Is it because Gerrard sits so deep and never pushes up past the half way line, like a Matic or Busquests does?

It's so frustrating watching passes go directly to the opposition time and time again. It seems like we only move the ball horizontally once we get it into the opposition half and never diagonally.

I'm a huge supporter of Rodgers, but he just seems so out of ideas. We've had the same problem in every single match—nothing seems to change for better, or even for worse. If we had been playing well and got these same results just because some times shit doesn't go your way, that'd be one thing, but we're playing almost as poorly as we did under Hodgson. Skrtel has been just as bad as Lovren recently—they simply aren't a good partnership. I hope Ilori works out for us. He seems like a quality footballer in a position where we are desperately lacking quality.

Hard to even think about football at the moment, at the same time I can't get it out of my head how distraught I am at how we've reverted so horribly.

Blablurn

You should give Dark Souls 2 a chance. It's shit but not as shit as most of the crap you buy.

Pls. Didn't you see how I play Dragon Age? And I actually enjoy playing it. The world is huge and I kinda got used to the game after the confusing beginning.

Carbonox

I'll buy this new Dark Souls 2 version. Can't call it a remaster cos it still looks like Lego. Never picked it up on PS3 despite owning the first game.

Jack cw

Pls. Didn't you see how I play Dragon Age? And I actually enjoy playing it. The world is huge and I kinda got used to the game after the confusing beginning.
Inquisition is by far the better thought out balanced game. It's amazing how bad the DS formula becomes without Miyazaki. Bloodbourne will be phenomenal but DS2 was pretty underwhelming. Still, it's filled with decent lore, loot and some terrific enemy design. Online isn't that bad either. But anything that made DS1 such a legendary game, simply lacks in DS2 :/
oh my fuck
forget my salad speech, YOUR VEGGIES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE BOWL
Yurt pls. Deep inside you know how disappointing it was :/

Top Bottom