• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Hixx

I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 at best buy for $199.99.
Great deal imo, it's a lot better than the N7.

About a £60 difference in price. Though the 7 inch version is cheaper than the Nexus 7... hmm.

my brother has a chromebook, he uses it for web browsing, homework and netflix

I want a Chromebook like but most of them are 720p and the 1080p one I have my eye on isn't out in the UK until next year :(

Scum

Leicester legend! Scored with his first touch of the ball against City for them.

Also a completely clueless defender, I was honestly wondering if he was brain damaged when watching him play that one match. I don't think he will ever play for Palermo again.

lool

Worst I've seen us play all season.

Don't even deserve a point.

Fuck football.

I'm done.

It begins!

You're 8 points clear. Southampton are not your competition.

One top of the league cigarettes for every team below.

ttiL5qS.jpg

Elchele

Anyone has a 5" smartphone in here? I don't know if I should buy the new Moto G (2014) with the 5" or the previous one with 4.5" screen. Does the 5" phones even fit in jeans pockets?

I want a Chromebook like but most of them are 720p and the 1080p one I have my eye on isn't out in the UK until next year :(

Can you even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p in a screen that small? Seems like a waste of processing/graphic power to put those extra pixels.

Naw I meant look for a slightly used phones. There's great deals to be found.

Nah, I don't like used things. I'm weird that way. I rather get something a bit shittier but new

kharma45

Nexus 7 still worth a purchase or is there any better 2014 alternative in the <£200 tablet range?

Ooooor a Chromebook?

Just want something for netflix/browsing when I'm oot and aboot to be honest.

Buy an iPad Mini 2. Refurb 16GB is £199 when there is stock. 32GB is £239.

Currys are also doing the 32GB model for £259.

Anyone has a 5" smartphone in here? I don't know if I should buy the new Moto G (2014) with the 5" or the previous one with 4.5" screen. Does the 5" phones even fit in jeans pockets?

I've a 5.5", fits fine.

The Tesco Hudl 2 is actually quite a good tablet, one of those is £114 http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco-hudl2-114-using-code-2059217 The reviews surprised me.

Hixx

Can you even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p in a screen that small? Seems like a waste of processing/graphic power to put those extra pixels.

On a 13" screen? Yes. Also resolution on monitors isn't just about detail, it's about screen space. Using any sort of PC at 720p is awful.

5" relally isn't that big, never feel like I am carrying a huge brick or anything with S4. Just feel like I am carrying a phone full of bloatware, fucking Samsung.

Nah, I don't like used things. I'm weird that way. I rather get something a bit shittier but new

Are you saying 5" is too big for you?
ibpKkgJ2rLJRyI.png

It's fine.

Hixx

Buy an iPad Mini 2. Refurb 16GB is £199 when there is stock. 32GB is £239.

Currys are also doing the 32GB model for £259.

I've a 5.5", fits fine.

The Tesco Hudl 2 is actually quite a good tablet, one of those is £114 http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tesco-hudl2-114-using-code-2059217 The reviews surprised me.

I imagine trying to nab a refurb is quite difficult?

I'm not a vain man but I don't want a Tesco tablet. I was considering getting on that Amazon tablet deal earlier on but it was the same dealio. I don't want to be locked in to anything like Amazons system or have Tesco on my tablet.

kharma45

I imagine trying to nab a refurb is quite difficult?

I'm not a vain man but I don't want a Tesco tablet. I was considering getting on that Amazon tablet deal earlier on but it was the same dealio. I don't want to be locked in to anything like Amazons system or have Tesco on my tablet.

Hit and miss yeah. Just a matter of keep an eye out if you can stretch your budget to one.

Understandable. The Amazon one I'd avoid because of being locked to their App Store. The hudl it is a bit of snob factor. Pity as it is a genuinely good little tablet.

LG G Pad 8.3 is good too. Cheap as well. Seen it for £125 as a refurb with Tesco.

GorillaJu

Honigstein's comments on Klopp: "I don't know why people associate Klopp with Arsenal. He wouldnt be a good fit and its not the type of club he'd like. He's never said anything good about the club or indeed London. He'd be much happier at a club like Liverpool or United."

Klopp doesnt really seem like a red wine drinker does he

3Sixty

Honigstein's comments on Klopp: "I don't know why people associate Klopp with Arsenal. He wouldnt be a good fit and its not the type of club he'd like. He's never said anything good about the club or indeed London. He'd be much happier at a club like Liverpool or United."

Klopp doesnt really seem like a red wine drinker does he

Well coming from a City like Dortmund he'd obviously be uncomfortable in the metropolis that is London.

Be much better off up north.

Top Bottom