• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Atrocious match, abysmal performance. Ray Houghton blames the support every time Lambert misplaces a pass, which is odd. Not that we're doing a good enough job helping him out.

Set pieces without Gerrard defy description. You'd think none of them had ever kicked a stationary ball before.

That was good. Shame Di Marie had to go off, we've been working it into spaces but then not really going for the throat. But it's composed stuff.

Sadly we can concede at any given moment so we aren't safe yet.

RVP is showing for the ball at least. It's not much but it's better than last week :lol

GorillaJu

We really raised the tempo in the last 15 minutes there and need to keep that up in the second half. Release the ball quicker, get it to Coutinho and Sterling on the counter attack and just don't rely on Lambert for anything except to put in rebounds.

We have very little goal threat but the truth of it is that we don't take speculative shots, we only take clear openings.

Hixx

You's are playing a Steve Bruce third season team maties.

His players have gotten too friendly with him. He's lost his authority. Hull are done unless he is sacked.

Empty

intensity has been great, rooney and fellaini especially. given carrick space to run the game.

rip van persie. plz retire in italy with mancini.

I get that you have to allow teams to pin you back a bit in order to open them up for the counter, but we get penned in for minutes at a time against any team that tries it.

We have to go back.

There was a funny moment in that half when the ball was in midfield and Rojo was running back and he picked it up off Carrick's feet I think it was instead of getting back into position.

Someone from the touchline went "EHHHHHH" and he said sorry and quickly ran back.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time with this really boring post. The point is - he's fucking stupid.

leadbelly

Banned
I don't think Carrick made single bad pass that whole half. He will be my Man of the Match if he keeps that up. He was my Man of the First Half anyway. lol

There was a funny moment in that half when the ball was in midfield and Rojo was running back and he picked it up off Carrick's feet I think it was instead of getting back into position.

Someone from the touchline went "EHHHHHH" and he said sorry and quickly ran back.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time with this really boring post. The point is - he's fucking stupid.

That's the Rojo package

sohois

You can certainly see a difference with Lucas on the pitch. He's just been mopping up everything that comes into Liverpool's half. Really, Liverpool don't need 3 midfielders on the pitch at this point and should bring on another attacker to try and create something more, since the attack is so tepid at thi spoint

edited for accuracy

vFXXXK9.gif

Drogba-esque goal by Bony.

He's been great.

Technique's not good enough for us though innit.

Fucking idiotic portion of our fanbase. Guarantees goals, but because he keeps things simple and effective he's somehow not good enough for us. Meanwhile we have the antithesis sitting on the bench, offering fuck all whenever he plays

pulsemyne

Enjoyable first half between swansea and Palace. Early pressure was all swansea with repeated chances but it took a swift move to open up the palace defense and for Bony to slot a clean shot home for a well deserved goal. Then came the moment of controversy as Palace had a corner and Marouane Chamakh fell over far too easily and conned a penalty from the ref. Mile Jedinak took a decent penalty and scored. From that point on the game switched and Palace pushed the swansea defense. However as the half has progressed Chamakh has caught the eye of the ref after repeated hand balls, ill temper and a late challenge of Neil Taylor. He is very, very lucky to still be on the pitch and should be subbed by Warnock otherwise they risk being down to ten men.
The last five minutes swansea have started to regain their swagger and begun to control the game again. It still looks more likely that swansea will get a winner but this game has proven to be a bit unpredictable. All in all one to look forward to tonight on MOTD.

GorillaJu

You can certainly see a difference with Lucas on the pitch. He's just been mopping up everything that comes into Liverpool's half. Really, Liverpool don't need 3 midfielders on the pitch at this point and should bring on another attacker to try and create something more, since the attack is so tepid at thi spoint

Agree. Would like to see Markovic come on for Allen. Coutinho can do Allen's job easily at the moment.

Whelan is a fucking thug btw. With that Coutinho one, he wasn't just trying to bring him down, he was aiming his studs at the back of his ankle. Milimetres away.

pulsemyne

Fucking idiotic portion of our fanbase. Guarantees goals, but because he keeps things simple and effective he's somehow not good enough for us. Meanwhile we have the antithesis sitting on the bench, offering fuck all whenever he plays

Scored the most goals in 2014. Never understand why liverpool fans don;t rate him. Not that I care mind you. Keep your hands off him.

GorillaJu

You can't blame the fans for the management passing up on players it's got absolutely nothing to do with them.

Scored the most goals in 2014. Never understand why liverpool fans don;t rate him. Not that I care mind you. Keep your hands off him.

Because they're morons who wanted Suarez's flair replaced instead of his efficiency. Worked out well. I'd have been delighted to sign him, especially since his value was pretty affordable. Now I doubt he'd want to join us, and he'd cost £35m+ with his new contract.

You can't blame the fans for the management passing up on players it's got absolutely nothing to do with them.

I'm not

Why we passed up on him is beyond me, maybe there's a very good reason. A huge slice of our fanbase thought he wasn't good enough for us though, and I know that for a fact, so that's what I'll vent about.

It is odd that they passed on Bony but then went for Balotelli.

But even so it's quite possible Bony would have struggled - the team has to play to a striker's strengths. Any striker.

Top Bottom